Rogue Poisons

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Metapsyche, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Metapsyche Augur

So I think for the raid I am supposed to pass out: Spider's Bite XIX

What poison am I supposed to use on myself? I assume that there’s something better than the raid leggings summoned poison? Can I use more than 1 poison?

Thanks!
  2. Bahdah Augur

3. Tanacious Lorekeeper

How in the world did you get to be a 110 rog, and don't know which poisons to use? I get there are LOTS of poisons out there now and it's all kind of confusing, but jeebus.

Yes, there are poisons that you can use simultaneously. Typically one for damage, one for effect, and then one from an AA line, although I have no idea how effective that would be at 110, nor how effective anything beyond Direct Damage would be in a raid scenario, but the general answer is yes.
    Which combo to use really depends on the situation, what works for you, and of course which mob type you are fighting.

I prefer DD, slow, and AA when available now that riposte has been nerfed, but in a raid setting, DD and aggro reduction might be more appropriate, although I say that without knowing a LOT of variables about higher level raids. You may not need aggro reduction if your DPS is junk vs. Tank aggro generation, or understand how to use your innate aggro reduction abilities. Worthless for soloing obviously, but sometimes the aggro reduction poisons have other effects also.

So ya lots of combos you can use, lots of research, lots of experimenting. Your best bet is to go and find a level 100 mob and try out different combinations with 40-50 different poisons, and a DPS tracker. Then pay attention to the amount of healing your merc does per mob and how much mana is dropped. You will find a happy medium somewhere more than likely.

If you think of the poisons more of as how Rogues cast spells, and which ones you can stack, it will probably go a little bit easier for you. You can overwrite poisons also on yourself and the mob, which can be a fairly effective tactic depending on the fight, but requires much more focus on what you are doing and when, and much more poison use per battle.

I myself in the old world never bothered with poisons because most of them were purely pointless in most situations. Once the poisons were revamped a little, okay some Direct damage ones were useful for the extra damage on a raid if the mob didn't resist them.

After the break and coming back, it's like I can now play mad chemist the way that necros play with corpses with all the different variants and dual/triple stacking and all that good stuff. So lots of fun to be had, you just gotta make them, which can be tedious, and then go and experiment for the real battles ahead.
  4. Metapsyche Augur

5. Metapsyche Augur

Lol! I’ve never been one to do tradeskills on an alt. Finally started working on poison and brewing so I could make spider’s bites for people- and realized that I could make some new poisons for myself outside of my raid legging stuff.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Let us know where to send flowers...

...cause I bet your shamen are going to be pissed you have been holding conflagrant powders from them.
  7. Metapsyche Augur

Literally 1000’s... seemed like junk!
  8. Moege Augur

*sms received* Bounty on Metapsyche for 10 krono, active in one hour
    /smile gleeful
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

Bahdah likes this.
  10. Metapsyche Augur

Made a bunch of draconics for myself, seems nice. I like the added dmg and the increased counters are handy
    Bahdah likes this.
  11. Poyzen Frawg Augur

To other rogues I assume?
  12. Belexes ForumQuester

Yes, I main a rogue. It is a private joke between him and I. We were guildies for a short time. :)
  13. Tappin Augur

Vallons/Tallons for raids.
  14. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I never use those in raids. They have a lower proc rate than other poisons and take too many rogues using them to actually be useful, imo. I use the Draconic like Bahdah. Our alliance requiring poison procs makes the lower proc rate on Tallon/Vallon less attractive, too.
  15. Tappin Augur

Do you have numbers to back this up? I am going to disagree here. I understand that the items needed to make these poisons are rare, but my deeps is almost always better if you have at least two rogues.
  16. Modef Lorekeeper

17. Modef Lorekeeper

I was always under the impression it took a Bare Minimum of four (better yet 5) rogues to make Tallons/Vallons proc properly.
    If you have just two rogues, and one dies, T/V doesn't proc properly.

This has been stated several times as why we have a Rogue Alliance now.
  18. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=49416

There's a link that clearly states the negative to the proc mod. If you're using Tallon/Vallon, AND you're using covenant, yer kinda boning yourself. 3 million damage once per minute is not an insignificant amount of damage.
    Modef likes this.
  19. Modef Lorekeeper

I agree, and use Draconic for now. (which is why i am trying to get it updated to ToV recipe).
  20. Belexes ForumQuester

With 3 rogues in a raid using Draconic, Alliance fulminations are almost instant.
    Winnowyl and Modef like this.