Looking to start again, totally lost

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Griffin_1373, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Griffin_1373 New Member

Hello!

I haven't played in a loooooooong time. I think Velious or PoP was the last time I actually legit played. I'm looking to start anew. I'm looking at Mangler, as it's probably the best place to start.

Looking to start a cleric, will likely molo... does anyone have a "starting new" guide somewhere where I can start learning.... again?

Are there any 'new player' guilds I should be looking to, or is there a better place for me to be posting to looking for guilds?

Appreciate any help people can provide!
  2. SunDrake Augur

Moloing [solo w/ a mercenary] will not be around for a long, long time on the Mangler server.. just a heads up. It is in Velious, with 3 month unlocks. Mercenaries come in Seeds of Destruction. That's like twelve expansion unlocks from now, or close to three years, haha.

That said you'd not likely be forced to molo, as the server has the highest population of all the TLPs right now. So you could find some grouping opportunities if you choose.
  3. Fluid Augur

+1 Mangler since the best part of EQ IMO is grouping and that is the place to be if you don't want to go 80 levels before you can find someone to group with. :)

Unless you are married to starting in Qeynos for some reason, choose a character from any other place.

One of the better starting characters for Cleric would be a Dwarf. You should be able to cash up a bit and do this quest http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=637 just buy the Scarab parts off a vendor as soon as you have enough cash from thumping decaying skeletons or what ever. The 14 AC will be enough with other piece drops to get you to level 10-12ish.

As soon as you hit double digits, run to Unrest and it is a good bet you will find a group that will take you in. You could do Crushbone or SRo crocs or something like that, but best chance to find a group will be Unrest and it is the shortest run.

Stay in Unrest until you are bored to tears. I think some people get up to level 27 or so before they leave it. Personally I have spent all the time I ever want to there and would go anywhere else before I would run another character through there, but you are fresh from a rest so have at it.

By 20+ since you have the right attitude you should have found yourself a crew. I would just go with the flow from there. You should be ready for anything from Mistmore or one of the other dungeon type zones like Splitpaw or Cazic.

Some of my favorite zones are off the beaten path. I almost always make for the Warsliks Woods to hunt gobbies or giants. It's kind of a rough place to solo and I wouldn't do it alone as a Cleric.
  4. code-zero Augur

The best place to start if you're going to molo will be Miragul when that opens on November 5th
  5. Gana Augur

First thing to do if you are starting at level 1 in Qeynos is the Mail Quest from Erudin to Qeynos. 6+gold per run...takes just a few minutes.

Run to Erudin, bind at soulbinder, go into the town and get mail from Ticar Lorestring, run back to Qeynos, turn in to Tralyn Marsinger, die...rinse and repeat. Get enough to buy spells and get a level or 2.
  6. xmPradah Not a dude

Mangler has a strong population right now and you'd easily find people to play with... people are likely leveling up alts (again) as they wait for Luclin to release.

Strong guild opportunities there, but make sure you understand the dynamics of a guild before you join.

If you're looking to Molo, go to Brekt on live - it's a free trade server and easier to progress without a headache of trying to find a group.