/pick situation after patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mags, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We are not ignoring it, but there are certain realities (not only Beta) that I can't talk about that are slowing down our response. We *DO* plan to do things.
  2. Allayna Augur

Segue... whenever we zone in to a static (as a raid force) to obtain a raid from the raid NPC, we get the spam about suspending mercenaries. If I were a casual player trying to kill a namer or do a quest and every time a guild zoned in to get a raid it poofed my merc I'd be a little miffed. Any reason that zone cap cannot be raised for suspending mercenaries?
    Warpeace and Winnowyl like this.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I'll be more careful with my tone in the future, so I don't sound like I'm /picking a fight with you :D

For me, waiting around for ph's to spawn or waiting around for camps to become free has always been one of the lowest points of the game. I didn't see anything wrong with allowing people to /pick and get a second (or third or whatever) opportunity at a named mob or open-world raid target.

It is unfortunate that "bot armies" (whether or not those are accepted or vilified today) give people grief, but it seems that making /pick less useful is a step backward and akin to throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Would you be willing to comment about your position regarding the idea of "private /picks", where players could open a zone instance and choose who they let in (completely removing the "bot armies" issue)? Regardless of technical issues, is this something you are firmly against on principle?
  4. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Which server doesn't have /picks?
    xmPradah likes this.
  5. Prathun Developer

Every server has load-balancing zones, for zones that are configured to do so. Which at this point is almost all of them.
  6. SaffronYellowLotus Journeyman

I'd be happy if just one time, just once, after finishing a GMM HA all of the peeps in the group end up in the same instance. Hasn't happened yet.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

When a pick collapses on you, you get dropped where you were in zone. Leading to "fun" as you zone back over and hope your healer zones fast enough with you.

Whatever method causes you to change zones should do the same thing.
    If /pick drops you to zone in.
    Leaving a pick should also drop you to zone in.