Marketing Feedback / Which Expansion are You Buying and Why

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morigaine, Oct 23, 2019.

1. SaffronYellowLotus Journeyman

Package deals are supposed to be a deal. Not here. If it was $150 for F&F it would be a deal and I would buy 1 or 2 at least. $250? I don't see the value. Maybe if it had 2 or 3 standard editions I could give out. Heck make it $350 and put 4 std editions for peeps with 6 accounts. It would sell all day long. 6 Standard editions are much cheaper than 1 F&F which makes F&F look crazy to me. Mounts, illusions, ports, and bags? Not worth it IMO. I'll do ach and loot the same or better. Ports are nice but I don't need to be that lazy. The additional stuff is nice and cool, but worth more than 5 additional xpacs? No chance in frozen Velious. Someone put a 2 where there should have been a 1. Bean counter error. I can see peeps trying to trade xpacs for krono already. Glad they are trying something new but the pricing is bananas. Maybe an À la carte option? They would really see what people valued.
  2. Coronay Augur

4 standard expansions.
  3. Moege Augur

Bought the standard can always upgrade to collectors if I see the run is a pita. Only bought it on the accounts I raid with, may just skip other accounts totally. Velious x3 is too much and then slipnslide Velks/Crystal Caverns is a major turnoff
    Yinla likes this.
  4. kookoo Augur

5 accounts , * cheapest one * can't afford more .
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

6 standard because I box and those fancy mounts and illusions don't make my characters "play" any better.

Sure would be nice if DBG would show some appreciation to us boxers and offer some sort of quantity discount. They make a helluva lot more off people like me than they ever will with those lifetime subscriptions that I couldn't afford on 6 accounts.

I'm looking forward to another expansion with stupid pathing that renders auto-follow nearly impossible and geometry that "sticks" characters on little twigs and pebbles.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Hitty and Yinla like this.
  6. Sobmre Augur

1 Premium
    5-"7" standards
  7. Mintalie Augur

1 Collector, 2 Standard, although if they ever fixed account-to-account transfers, it would be more!
    Szilent and Yinla like this.
  8. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I think you meant to say:
    Without a doubt, boxers are keeping this game alive. Whether or not people are willing to recognize that is a different story.
  9. Mintalie Augur

10. Tucoh Augur

Good luck running up the slippery ramps in Velks, lol.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  11. Greymantle Augur

Heh 4 accounts, but not boxed normally. Wife and both kids also play. I just pay for it.
    Robnie and Yinla like this.
  12. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Bought the Friends and Family, cuz I didn't want that option to feel left out

Ps. I really, really wish this was in CAD
    Greymantle and Smokezz like this.
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

#ThatsWhatCothIsFor

I already said it once... I'm going to run up those ramps one time... Set a campfire... Campfire in a mage or three... and never make that run ever again.

Oh, and I'll be buying six (MAYBE 7) expansions. All six of those toons have TBL and are fully subbed via krono right now. I have an additional 10 or 11 accounts with lvl 105 toons from EoK-era (mostly all max AA for that time). I don't see myself dusting them off to push them up to ToV, but I guess anything could happen.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tucoh like this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

One collector to ensure I have the guild hall port item. And 8 or 9 standard editions. May hold off a while on getting that 9th standard edition. Need the rest to upgrade my PoK MGB buff team! :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

I am buying my 1st
    Collector's for my main I wanted the bag and
    Heroic Character
    + 3 standards for now
  16. Zelfani New Member

Only because I had to log on to purchase the expansion, so, one for the guild porter and one reg. All that frill in the f&f just is not worth it unless you are selling the "friends" part. I can see in /general now, wolf mount can be yours for 2 just 2 krono get it now!! /sigh Really though if since you can make krono in game with in game plat, it's not a bad way to buy those extra trade-able items you just got to have. Oh and the lackey acct, I may buy that with krono as they pop up in /general. Otherwise, there is probably some lame flagging that will keep those alts from going to the "new" zones. If they can't play, why buy. Learned the lesson on TBL. Won't get burnt again.

Cheers!!
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

rofl, 2 krono?!? Good luck, dude. Throw a zero on there. I think those mounts (best and second best stat mounts in the game) will fetch 10-20 krono a piece from people with way too many krono to burn.

Unless you said 2 so that you could try to set the price nice and low for yourself.... if that's the case.... sorry for blowing up your plan!
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm leaning towards collectors and a standard at the moment or 2 collectors either way they will be a fraction of the F&F package cost.
  19. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Maybe the Friends and Family package was always just a way to desensitize us to how expensive the premium and collector's editions are. You can't justify going for broke, but you CAN buy a slightly less expensive (but still very expensive) lower tier edition. That is another pricing strategy companies use... Gold, Silver, Bronze versions of products.... usually the bronze works just fine, but people upgrade to the silver or gold just because.
  20. Gynek Lorekeeper

Standard. Because I'm poor.

However, WTB someone's F&F extra Snow Griffin on Bertox.

Hit me up