Marketing Feedback / Which Expansion are You Buying and Why

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morigaine, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Morigaine Elder

With the new release options, I figured it would be interesting and helpful to provide constructive feedback as to which expansion options you will or did purchase. The trade options in friends and family are interesting but I personally found a couple issues that changed my original plans.

For 6 accounts, I am opting to do 1 F&F and 5 collectors edition. (Originally thought I’d do 3FF)

My personal reasons that are not criticisms just honest feedback.

3 bags on FF was originally appealing but since they are lore and no trade, I find 2 bags to be wasted since I don’t have alts of significance on the same account.

The shared experience potions, paintings, coldain illusion, Rygorr merc, and tizmak/kitten metamorph were not considerations to me in the purchase.

I wanted the single bag and personal teleporter for all accounts.

I want the Snow griffon on my primary and 1 other account. I also wanted the wolf on several accounts.

So ultimately the tradeable expansion will be donated to guild or sold.

The heroic boost that is tradeable will likely be sold while the others will likely be banked for future needs.

Please don’t turn this post into a complaint thread. I’m Happy the devs are trying some new options and wanted to provide helpful feedback.
  2. Zamiam Augur

wouldn't it be nice if they gave us the option to design are own expansion package like have the base packages Premium | Collectors | standard .. then you can select by checking a box anything you want to add to any of the expansions so lets say i wanted Collectors but i want the illusion i could click on collectors and then check the box for illusion and it would update price to reflect that and if i wanted to add a standard copy to that i could check that box and if i wanted multiple it would have a Quantity box ..

I mean seriously how hard would that be to do .. i bet they would get a whole lot more sales..
    Funky likes this.
  3. Belexes ForumQuester

I have two accounts, so two standard versions. I don't need all the other fluff to play in the expansion.
  4. Greymantle Augur

Four accounts, one collectors . Three standard. Primary account i like the TP clicky.
    Deloehne likes this.
  5. Morthakia Augur

1 Premium (Guild Hall Port Device is the exclusive driver of this purchase)
    12 Standard (All accounts gold, I don’t do FTP!)

Yay for boxing.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. TheStugots Augur

Six accounts, all standard editions.
    Metanis and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

4 accounts actively playing

1st - unsure, part of me wants premium just for the illusion, out of OCD, but on principle I won't get it. Might do the collectors, entirely for the clicky to Froststone, but waiting to see during beta if its even needed (I never click the ones from prior expansions, but if crystal caverns is filled with sibs, maybe). Most likely standard. I am not full of hope for this content, no reason to have any of the other garbage that comes with the expensive versions.

Mount, assuming it has a stat upgrade, is no better than what you get for free for doing the expansion achievements anyway (assuming following convention).

Metamorphs, don't care, don't keep familiars alive and don't play pet classes anyway, and much cooler ones around.

Bag, meh, not even a 44, a 40, have as good or better in everything but a few bank slots, don't care, don't play alts on my main account.

Exp potions? Don't care, don't need, and if I did I have probably 50 potions on claim already.

Distillers? How many of those would I ever need? Remove 35 purity augs, and those are cheap enough in bazaar I sometimes just delete and rebuy instead of going to POK to buy off loyalty vendor.

Painting? who cares

The illusion is only one I'd care about other than clicky port, but like I said, only for OCD reasons. I have like 120 illusions as a non-bard/rogue, and I never use any of them. I was able to not waste money trying for the drowned troll illusion this heritage crate time around, and this ugly illusion isn't worth paying $100+ for, not in the slightest.

2nd-4th, waiting beta, not sure I'm buying it at all. Getting tired of keeping working on them all. I'm sure I'll buy standard for them eventually, just hard to care right now.

I think they are losing on money though. I know a lot of people will buy the $90 version to get an illusion, along with the other things, but won't spend $140 for it, so will end up doing standard this year. Sometimes more smaller sales is better business than fewer larger sales.

But that's me.

Some people actually care about all that garbage and use it to justify the cost to themselves, even though they probably never use the stuff.
    Kontra likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

1 account, I don't box. I always purchase the Collector's at launch for the port click. I then access if I want to upgrade to the Special Edition at the 50% discount during the Fall. More often then not, I decide I received enough enjoyment from the expac and decide to grab Special Edition because I want a mount or something and just want to support the game.
  9. enclee Augur

Wait and see, it’s a possible skip expansion for me. I never liked Velious much, and to go back to it for a 3rd time...
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Undecided what I'll go for at the moment or when I will order. With no pre-order reward I'm in no rush to order it.

Ordering comes down to two things the launch date and Miragul Server.
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Same. And I'm hoping to take them f2p in three months post release.
  12. Belkar_OotS Augur

I'll be buying 5 standard.
  13. Kirab Lorekeeper

The standard one right before the next expansion drops, because Daybreak is out of their minds with their pricing.
    Metanis and Karve_AB like this.
  14. Karve_AB Journeyman

3 accounts, all standard, or less if possible ;)
  15. Scorrpio Augur

Ok, this F&F bundle confuses me. I mean, my priorities are my priorities, so here goes: Lets go one by one.

Only one extra expac ticket. I am pretty sure that 3 accounts is the most common factor, cause you get the full 3+3 group. People often get one premium for the house port, the rest standard. 3 accounts, that's $210. If they put in 2 expac tickets, I might actually consider splurging extra $40 on F&F.

The elephant in the room (for me) Teleport items. The house portal is nice, but if you are in guild, chances are someone buys a premium and puts it in guild hall. But the real convenience bit, the one I mainly consider a higher priced version, is the pocket port. I mean, Premium+Collector (P&C) $140+$90 is $230, two accounts and BOTH get a port and still cheaper than F&F.

XP potions... can't say I consider those much of a factor. Distillers I beleive are non-tradable. P&C option give me 10 more than F&F and both accounts get some.

Bags... What's the point of getting F&F is I can't share them with my F or F? Again, the cheaper P&C option gets me same total 3 bags, SHARED.

House painting... fluff (but I get TWO with P&C)
    Kitten Wand - ditto.
    RyGorr merc - same. (like I am giving up my Ascending Dawn genie girl)

Heroic boost - again P&C gets me two of those. Same for Wolf saddle

Tizmac Wand/Coldain guise - no benefit getting F&F over Premium.

SOME benefit to F&F: - an extra griffon mount. Frankly, I HATE flyer mounts. I got that dragon from RoS premium, never use it. But tastes differ.

Finally, that Gnomish bundle, exclusive to F&F. Dunno about rest of you, but after half a year of GMM, I kinda had my fill of gnomish anything.

So, there goes my summary. I F&F had two ToV tickets, I might give it some thought.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

6 expansions. Standard edition.
  17. Teylana Elder

Standard expansion. The only thing that I would consider buying better for would be a themed house but it doesn't look like they'll ever do those again.
  18. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Standard expansion for now and maybe 2-3 more this year if finances permit otherwise 6-8 standard next year when it's 50% off and maybe upgrade the main account to CE or PE depending on finances at the time.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

This post is chalk FULL of boxers!

I love it! Gods of norrath.. bless thee..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Metanis like this.
  20. Leigo You come here often?

2 standard edition because the fluff being limited to 1 char or 1 acc claim is awful when I actively play more then one character on each acc.
    Yinla likes this.