New November Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MarttinPH, Sep 19, 2019.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

From my perspective, this complaint sounds a bit like an old person on a public path, taking a leisurely walk through the woods, smelling roses.

That's awesome, and nobody should stop you from enjoying your own pace. But why would you insist on telling everybody else to slow down?

And again, TrueBox doesn't make people play with you. It just makes people leave the server so you are all alone.
    MarttinPH, Riggles and Radical like this.
  2. Radical New Member

I'm looking forward to Miragul, I plan on using it to catch up to Live. But if it is Truebox, I'm done. I'll just chalk up EQ as a great experience in my life but time to move on.
    MarttinPH and Riggles like this.
  3. Riggles Journeyman

Do you have a clue how absurd you are sounding? Seriously? You are using the same arguments people claimed when they were arguing that TLP's would never be successful. I mean, I got so sick of listening to people with that argument that it wasn't necessary to play in era. That has been proven FALSE by the success of TLP's. What's next? The earth is flat?

Grouping with others suck because they leave the group at the most inopportune moment. My toons never abandon me. And my box group has a perfect class balance.

And don't penalize us any further with Truebox. It was a failed experiment to hush whiners, but whiners always find something to whine bout.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I've got two bits of info for you:
    1. It will almost certainly be Truebox.
    2. All TLPs fail.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

And the HoT named are barely harder to kill than the trash.

VoA was a massive shock by comparison. The named have 6-7 times more HPs and punishing spells to boot (mostly of the 40-50k AE nature).
  6. MarttinPH Augur

1. My intuition is that it won't be truebox. From the expansion producer's letter.

You start as a Level 85 Heroic Character with live server experience rates, and all the trappings of a server that starts with a level cap of 90 with in-game housing, loads of raids, over 800 AAs, and more.

None of the live servers are currently truebox. I admit it isn't much proof, but given the fact we have so many truebox servers at different stages of development, it is possible that this will be no different from a live server.

2. Did you know everything eventually fails? Given a long enough timeline, you too will fail. I am not sure why you made a post that didn't add anything to the discussion.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Agnarr will never fail.
  8. SunDrake Augur

'What is dead may never die.' :cool:
  9. Machen New Member

It's not saying it is a live server, just that it will have live experience rates. Other TLP's that make it far enough in progression do too, and still have truebox code.

The funny thing is, I am willing to bet it will NOT actually have live xp rates, because live gets a much bigger low aa bonus than HoT era TLP's. I bet they are just referring to the base xp rate in the announcement and overlooked this. I predict we'll see at least one post after it launches highlighting the difference between live aaxp and the new TLP aaxp.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I might be interested in this server if we hadn't just done that content on Phinny. The HoT progression was the usual grind. VoA, though... man some of those missions are incredibly stupid and I have no desire to go back and do them again.
  11. Montag Augur

There's like, legit, 40 humans on earth who want truebox to go away on TLPs and they take turns posting here every two days.
  12. SunDrake Augur

There's like, legit, 20 humans who want to keep True Box after PoP on TLPs and they all post daily. :p
    VandilIzer likes this.
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I have rarely posted in 20 years, and I think Truebox is a great idea for fresh servers. but there needs to be balance because some people legit 2 and 3 box on one machine, who dont want nor can afford more computers, and do not cheat with VM's and Programs that will not be mentioned. Fun for me is being able to single, two box or three box when I want too.
  14. Montag Augur

Thing is truebox is the only thing that really cut down on that program that shall not be named and the fully automated box crews we saw everywhere it was tolerated.

Plus ou can get a tablet or used laptop capable of running a box toon for $99.
  15. Montag Augur

There's like, legit, 10 people who quote and troll eachother's posts on these forums and they all post every 12 hours. =p