Expansion pre-order

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Zamiam Augur

if you think about it the F&F pack is worth it for a few reasons ..

1 . you get 1 extra bottle of experience than you normally do in past expansion you only got 1 bottle now they give 2.. so 1 extra bottle $10 value

2. you get 3 extra bottles of shared exp III .. in past expansion bundles you only got 1 shared bottle of experience.. $135 value ..(in marketplace bottle shared XP 3 = $45 DBC)

3 . you get 2 heroic toons $60 value

4. you get 2 extra 40 slot bags .. $40 value (roughly)

5. Trade-Able standard expansion $30 value

6. gnomish Leg bundle (possibly Trade-Able, Mount , illusion , and choice of Familiar or teleporter) im just guessing $60 value possibly more

so with all that $250 doesnt sound too bad .. will be even better next year hoping they apply the 50% off :p
    Jordis likes this.
  2. Froglok Augur

HELP!

Trying to decide which way to go.

To me, it all rests on the Gnomish Legendary Bundle, which is not very clear on what is included. It appears from the video link, that the "Gnomework Illusion" is the Guide of the Gilded Gnomework and the "clockwork mount" is the Gilded Clockwork Rhino.

What isn't too clear is the "choice" of a gnomish familiars, armor, and teleports. Are these also the the ones from the Gnomish Heritage Crate?

I ask to clarify there is nothing actually NEW with this bundle, such as an ornament set you can only get via this bundle... or added options for the ornaments such as Sinister and Ondine?
  3. Aene New Member

If the whole pack as a bundle is tradeable - cool.
    If the individual items in the pack are tradeable until clicked - cool.

Since they are giving you the rarest items out of the heritage crate - the mount and the illusion - it makes me question on whether or not they would be tradeable like the heritage crate items are until clicked.

Basically I'm trying to justify to myself that 2 mounts, a hero char, and a gnome box full of items I already have on my main toon are worth the $80 to purchase F&F over Prem+Standard. Being able to trade off some of that gnome set to recoup cost or gear the box getting the standard edition may help me make the decision.
  4. Tallie Elder

This is the only thing stopping me from buying the friends and family for one of my alts.
  5. Zamiam Augur

technically its 3 mounts you get the wolf mount , griffon saddle and the gnome mount ..
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

All that you mention other than the expansion are worthless to most people. Why in the world would people needing new content need to buy exp potions, buy heroic slots, or buy bags?
  7. Zamiam Augur

I did not say i was buying it .. just was pointing out the price points of each item that some people might find interesting .. you may not like the HC or the mounts or XP potions but some people do .. I'll wait till next year when they go on sale .. for now im going with standard . only because DB thought it would be good to hold the illusion for premium and F&F pack and not put it in collectors .. so they lost some stars for that.. then i'll upgrade next year and get it for half off.. and buy standard at half off for rest of my 8+ accounts

my guild will likely have the TP to ToV .. and there will be an ingame illusion im sure and mount as you go thru progression .. heck there might even be a in-game teleporter to multiple zones like they did in TBL .. :p so who needs the premium or F&F .. I myself dont use heroics .. and I use the free 3 XP potions every month got like 60 of them saved up plus they are Heirloomable ..
  8. Ceffener Augur

Step one is justifying that “rare” digital mounts from loot boxes (gambling) are “worth” $80.
    Diptera likes this.
  9. enclee Augur

Well it’s because they add more value than an expansion. Microtransactions have really bloated in price. At least it’s not Star Citizen, 10k for a spaceship for a game in development.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

11. treehugger Journeyman

Ok I have looked everywhere and maybe I am just not seeing it, but is the standard expansion voucher that comes with the F&F preorder able to be given now, or is that on release?
  12. Imukai Augur

Can someone enumerate which /claims will be available on the TLPs, and which ones require waiting for XYZ xpac before they will appear in /claim?
  13. Ceffener Augur

Can I at least get a nice box for my shelf and a cloth map...what’s a collector’s edition that is license to digital software. Real collectors items are physical.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Every premium xpac sold should come with a scoop of baked beans that we receive in the mail in an envelope. No beans? No deal.
    enclee likes this.
  15. Karve_AB Journeyman

I can sell you an original cloth map, it was a much smaller world then though :)
  16. Ceffener Augur

Haha actually have it framed and hanging on my wall.
  17. Zamiam Augur

they have a digital painting :p .. take a screen pic of painting then go have it printed on an old style map cloth then hang it on a shelf :p
  18. KermittheFroglok Augur

19. Moege Augur

Beaten by a frog to the answer
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Perhaps. The mount and illusion are set. The pet, teleporter, and armor you get to choose. So yes, if you have the mount and illusion, or all of one of the three "sets" then, yes, you will get duplicates.
    The bundle itself is not tradeable. Nor is the mount, illusion, pet, or teleporter. (You get the final items of these) The armor set within the bundle *is* tradeable due to the nature of how that armor works (We wanted to give the whole set, and the "set" item is tradable.)