Expansion pre-order

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Ghubuk Augur

Was a question based on statement here that people that were in early with beta key were told they already owned the expansion when they went to pre-order. Not trying to spread rumours.
  2. Greymantle Augur

Well i have 4 active accounts. planning on one collectors and 3 standard. 4 exp. still less than 1 F&F
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Derd Augur

More likely the system sees a flagged account, which automatically stops the transaction.
  4. Angahran Augur

Anyone know if the mounts are cosmetic or have buffs ?
    • Prize: Restless Wolf Saddle
    • Prize: Restless Griffon Saddle
  5. Zamiam Augur

why is it that the coldain illusion isn't included in the collector's package ? I can see why its not in the standard nothing has ever been included in standard but the expansion .. but spending 80 bucks on collector's I would think that would be worth an illusion .. oh well
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

they are items that convert into the Collectors and Premium mounts. They will not allow conversion until an appropriate expansion is unlocked. (if you are thinking of trading to a progression server) With the buffs they have, that will be a LATE expansion.
  7. Angahran Augur

I'm simply trying to find out if these new mounts are going to have buffs or not and if they do will they be the same or better than those from the TBL mounts ?
  8. Aene New Member

Another question on the bags - shows x3 on F&F edition and x2 on Premium - are these tradeable? Heirloom? Or just not lore and you can have 3 on one toon?
  9. Kinadorm Augur

The video lists a "Hero's Forge Keyring". Is that included in all editions?
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

they are no-trade, heirloom, and lore
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am also disappointed that the Coldain illusion is locked behind Premium. I guess it was swapped out for the Heroic Character. I will be waiting until next August for the half-off upgrade.
  12. Zamiam Augur

same .. I always wait till half off .. I'll buy the expansion for my main not sure which one yet but i'll wait till next year to buy for my 8 alt accounts
  13. random_pawn00 Journeyman

Not enough information on the items (stats on mounts, heirloom?, gnomish teleporter, etc) included in the packs. Nor does it explain if the 1 claim per account works for both accounts when buying Friends and Family pack. Don't bother putting a support ticket in, they won't answer except with a link to https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content
  14. Zamiam Augur

the tradeable expansion you get with the F&F pack is only standard edition which means you get nothing that is /claimable per account accept for the base expansion ..

the other tradeable items are all 1 items that are tradeable .. the 1 tradeable base standard expansion is tradeable .. the person you give said trade-able items to can either click on them to /claim them on that account or I assume pass it to another person/or account of their choosing but once clicked can no longer be traded ..
  15. Aene New Member

And it does not appear that the gnome bundle is tradeable - so if it is items out of the recent heritage crates, you may be stuck with duplicates.
  16. Zamiam Augur

The gnomish legendary bundle is listed under the Trade-able category for the F&F pack so im guessing that it is trade-able also ..
  17. random_pawn00 Journeyman

Thank you. Standard is barebones.

There is still a lot not explained. The letter/video talked about making the Friends and Family pack well worth the cost, but I am not seeing that. You would be better off getting a Premium and a CE edition instead (a little bit cheaper, each account gets at least one 40 slot bag and the other items that aren't given in Standard). I guess it depends on what you are looking for --
  18. Riou EQResource

It listed those as being able to choose which of the 3 types that you could get
  19. Aene New Member

Sorry - I see the expansion, hero char etc. with TRADEABLE in the name (ex:
    TRADABLE Torment of Velious Standard Expansion Ticket ). The gnomish bundle does not show this, so am curious if it is or if it works like heritage crate prizes and are tradeable until you click them.

The hover-over and the video itself both indicate that the illusion and mount are set and that your choice is of what familiar, hero forge set and teleporter item you want:

"Stand small with a clockwork mount, a gnomework illusion, and your choice of a full suit of gnomish Hero's Forge armor, a gnomish familiar, and a gnomish teleporter."

...meaning that if you already have the gilded clockwork rhino and the gnomework illusion from the crate (which I do) they would be duplicates and potentially not tradeable, again, unless they work like the current heritage crate items and are tradeable until clicked. The fact that you are guaranteed the illusion and mount, and you get a choice of your armor, familiar and teleporter make me question this - since it's not the randomized option you would have with the crate.

Was hoping to find someone who's actually bought or dev to confirm.
  20. Zamiam Augur

well whether they work like heritage crate's or are trade-able .. are not those the same thing .. heritage crates are trade-able in game until you click on them and guessing if they are trade-able they would be same thing .. you can trade them until you click on them making them permanent bound to that account/toon ..