Torment of Velious Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dovhesi, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Metapsyche Augur

I think this is a welcome change. I understand why a lot of people like the progression of the past couple expacs, but this system really doesn’t stop racing, it’s just a much shorter race lol. 3 days of poo’psock”ing for world first versus 3 months of lockout raiding seems like a HUGE quality of life improvement for everyone. With any luck they have 3 UEE difficulty level raids that will stop the top 3 guilds from clearing the tiers on the first day that they’re released.
  2. Fian Augur

Personally, I would have staggered raids, 0, 3, and 6 months after release. Let T1 be available at release, and T3 at 6 months.
    Zippie likes this.
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

I agree with an option to race and then an auto unlock as well. I think it gives me more incentive to log on to get my flags and see new content as soon as possible. It also gives more people a chance to see end game content.

If a guild has T1 cleared, what's the driving incentive to make the more casual raider log on? I mean yea we play bc we like to raid and want loot. But if T2 is going to be unlocked soon, I can take tonight off and what's it hurt bc my attendance is too low or I don't have enough dkp to get new loot anyway..

I think overall I'm in favor of the change at first glance, but I'm not in a guild that raids lockouts. So my opinion is going to be different probably.
  4. Greymantle Augur

Personally i welcome this. Gives us a chance to explore and level up then dive in for the new year.
    Zippie likes this.
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

Feels like a participation trophy. Extremely dislike this as I'm a person who likes to earn her stuff!
    Coagagin, Zvenn and Whulfgar like this.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

I think it's a matter of is it really worth them spending the time to code up the flagging system only for it to be of relevance for only a few months?

I don't know if it's true, but someone once told me there isn't a unified "it just works" template for controlling flagging, which is why sometimes there are bugs with it until they fix them, and why past expansions' flags don't always unlock based on the standard schedule.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sancus and Diptera like this.
  7. Axxius Augur

I just hope AoW is as hard as Mearatas, so that completing the expansion means something other than your ability to raid at midnight PST on the day the raids unlock, like it was in CotF.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

So when are we gonna be able to pre-order ???
  9. sojero One hit wonder

between 10 am and 12 pm on 10/23/2019, or you know, you could go read the producers letter.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Laronk Augur

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Is it not between 10am .. an 12 pm .. ? ? ?
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And that was a raid so easy that when i woke up 5 minutes late and logged on at like 3:04am, the raid was already dead!
  13. sojero One hit wonder

Guess you didn't go read that letter did you. Its PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, thus they still have almost 2 hrs before they are outside their allotted time.

To help you tell time (on their time zone):
    https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/los-angeles

Edited to add -- I just pre ordered mine, looks like it is ready
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

So then no .. its NOT between 10am - 12pm ..

Your soo cool omg ! thank you!
  15. Laronk Augur

Whulfgar likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

So much for 2 hours Sojero said ..
  17. Tucoh Augur

Just preordered, thanks!
  18. Belexes ForumQuester

Thanks!! It is nice to have ForumQuest fans.

Since you were so kind to compliment me, I shall release you back into the water. :D
    Jhenna_BB and Cadira like this.
  19. Findawenye Journeyman

The current flagging system, getting a drop from each successful raid to update an achievement, works well enough that it would not be difficult to add even at this stage. They have in the past been able to remove flagging requirements for raids and would not be difficult to implement on a timetable for these.
  20. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

[IMG]
    Zippie, Graves, Lyquid and 2 others like this.