Fellowship Campfire - One More Option, Please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Oct 20, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The consolidation of various campfires and changes to the campfire benefits are a welcome, much improved change.

If I am mid-quest and go to bed, I wake up 6-7 hours later and my campfire is gone. I usually gate out to hold buff timers and leave my characters logged in so I can jump right back in the action when I wake up.

The request I have....

- Add one more Empowered version of the campfire that lasts for 12 hours
    -- Empowered Fellowship of the Everburning Wood
    --- This could be similar to the Fellowship of Honor in that it would have no 'aura benefit'
    --- It lasts for 12 hours
    --- It consumes multiple(2?,3?) Fellowship Campfire Materials
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

While I would benefit from this too I have to wonder if there is really a good reason to add it. The sole basis seems to be so that you don't have to log back in.

Now I could see other reasons to want a 12 hour campfire. Stay logged in and have your toon up as a trader go to bed then be able to campfire back to wherever you were. But you are asking for it just so you don't have to log in and out that doesn't seem to be a good enough reason.

Other problem I see is if there are camps in dungeons that are hard to get to a 12 hour camp timer would effectively make it much easier to keep a campfire there indefinitely. This is especially so when a fellowship is a mix of players not all boxes.

Also any changes are going to have to take into account new servers and existing tlp servers that eventually get campfires. Does Daybreak want to make a change like this.

My other concern was if a change like this was made we would start seeing more dungeons where campfires don't work at all or only take you to the entrance of a dungeon. If campfire becomes too powerful this is what could happen.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Okay, I don't get Corwyhn's stamp of approval. I need more reasons.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh.... it would be great for me but I don't want them to limit campfires in other ways because of it. :)
  5. Karve_AB Journeyman

12 hours would trivialise way too much content. That would just make everything Farm O'clock.
    I have to agree with Corwhyn, something like this would come with a massive risk to current FS functionality.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

They are right, I think it would just make it far to easy for some people to keep stuff on lock down. I figured by now everybody had their own buffbots they can fire in to update buffs.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. yosco Augur

You guys are super cynical and more than a little paranoid.

While I don’t think DBG has ever shared their reasoning for the campfire expiration time, assuming that any positive change (extending them to 12 hours for a cost) will automatically result in restrictions elsewhere just seems like a bridge too far. The same content trivialization would occur if you (omg) logged out in a spot and came back the next day.

I’ll support the OP, even if I never use campfires requiring components.
  8. Cadira Augur

One person placement of cf.
    Expand to 72 people limit in fs.
    Double benefits of special cf.
    24 hour duration on cfs.
    Allow us to place up to three distinct cfs to port to.
    Remove CD on cf clicky.

;D
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Stop stealing my ideas Cadira!
    Cadira likes this.
  10. Karve_AB Journeyman

Only for 1% raiders though right, can't go letting Joe Public have all the good shiz?
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The sense I am getting is that my idea is outlandish and grossly overstepping. This is sad news but my heart will go on and on.

Thanks for your input!
  12. TYBARIS Journeyman

Why does it take 3 toons to make a campfire?
    1 to gather wood?
    1 to strike a match?
    1 to blow on it?
    It sure wood be nice if 1 toon could make a campfire.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Cadira Augur

I suppose I will allow it to work for casuals.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

When working through quest chains in a zone having a campfire accessible is a huge time saver since you are often bouncing back and forther between areas, quest NPCs or camps. It would be a big boon for a single player or even just 2 characters were the limitation for placing a campfire.

I’d even be fine if the solo placed campfires require some consumable components to drop them. Auto-Igniting Campfire Materials, whatever you want to call it.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

Cuz they dont want a sudden influx of rogues made if they did?
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Zunnoab Augur

It's not directly related to campfire functionality, but it would be great to be able to drop visible waypoints/markers or something in raids. Campfires work, but it's a workaround that shows such a feature would be welcome.

I'd almost miss having to have people team up to get the campfires down though. Not enough that I don't want droppable markers though.