Heroic Guides

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Denial_Sinfae, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I have a friend from work who agreed to come check out EQ. There's only so often our schedules line up. It's hard to transfer more than a decade of knowledge.

He has started up a heroic char to play when he's not working with me on his "main". Are there any legit guides out there for each class starting heroics? Spell lineups. Strategy. Class friendly solo spots. Important clicks to get. Best AA post 100? Stacking? Synergies? Missions?

Especially with some efforts for advertisements you'd think these things would exist. Do they already? Links?

If not, who wants to build a website with a lot of traffic?
  2. Goodn Augur

Have you checked the Class forums? Every class that I've ever looked up has at least one thread per class about what to do for the new heroic X...or links to an older thread with information. Some of them are great and have pictures, spell sets, solo/group/burn fight strategies, etc.

Spots to solo, clickies to get, etc. ...there are definitely threads here for most of those. You just have to look.

But as far as one stop shopping, I don't know of anything. I'd recommend Fanra's EQ website as a good place to go for a beginner to see what some of the stuff is (http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Main_Page) as Allakhazam has more info, but you need to know what you are looking for.
  3. segap Augur

There are several in the Class forums. Some classes are better done than others. Also note that AA consolidation (and possibly dot revamps) over the past couple years will invalidate some of what was previously documented.
  4. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Yeah, I looked around. Someone was actually building that one stop shop but all the links are dead.

Everything I've found is also tailored to people who know the game. A lot of acronyms and referring to things without explaining them. Not newb-friendly.
  5. Randomgamer Journeyman

6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

For Wizards: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/wizard-heroic-character-guide.209212/

Most of that is still accurate, though a few things AA-related have changed:

Acute Focus of Arcanum - This AA was renamed "Focus of Arcanum."
    Force of Will - AA nuke now costs mana. Adjust usage as needed.
    Fury of Ro/E'ci/Druzzil - These AAs were combined and renamed "Fury of the Gods."
    Prolonged Destruction - This AA was renamed "Frenzied Devastation."

Most of the AAs I said to buy immediately I think are now autogranted. I'm not 100% on this because I haven't checked it, but they *should* be since auto-grant is tied to the current expansion available on the server and that guide is 4 years old. The exception may be Spell Casting Subtlety, but I can't remember if they added it to autogrant when they changed it to be a toggle on/off. Regardless, the advice is still valid: If anything on that list *isn't* autogranted, buy it immediately.

I specifically didn't include things like quests / clickies, etc. because that was out of the scope of the guide, which was simply what is needed to get *started* playing a Heroic Wizard, not what to do with your life afterward. That and the fact there aren't really that many Wizard-specific things to do.
  7. Caell Augur

8. Belkar_OotS Augur

Bump for new server.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well. EQ does take time to learn about. Is it better to learn these things now, or later? A personal decision to be sure.
  10. Szilent Augur

11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't forget your special Heroic augs - I shamelessly copied this from a post by Drusi back in '14:

The quests to get augs are:

HOT (can do all 10 at once, can pre-loot too)
    Find My Brudders
    The Beast of Horror
    The Beast of Rage
    The Beast of Rot
    The Beast of the Unknown
    Thinning Out Their Numbers: Bone Crafters and Quaking Haunts
    Thinning Out Their Numbers: Rotdogs and Snakes
    Thinning Out Their Numbers: Skeletons and Bone Golems
    Thinning Out Their Numbers: Terror Guards
    Thinning Out Their Numbers: Terror Spinners and Sleeper Cubes

Feerrott(can't pre-loot most of them, have to do some in succession):

A Panting Lizard
    A Strong Silk
    Appeasing a Teir'Dal
    Meat For Eat
    Tangling With Wolves
    Rupkerr #1: An Expedition Gone Awry
    Rupkerr #2: Uncovering the Truth
    Rupkerr #3: A Cursed Cure
    Illian #1: Protecting the Weak (Minded)
    Illian #2: There's Something in the Water

Completing 15th quest gave charm aug,
    18th gave 35 AC shield aug and non-prestige dmg +6 aug for 1h
    19th gave waist
    20th gave chest aug completing the full set

I feel that you should start with the HOT quests if you have a higher level to tag along (i had a 95 with me took maybe 2hours to get 10 augs) then do the Feerrott ones, which can be done solo with careful pulling.

Worst quest was Rupkerr #3: A Cursed Cure where you have to find an Adder Egg which drops off very easy snakes but the drop is rare and the snakes are all over the zone, tracker would help here.
    Jhenna_BB and Szilent like this.