Why Are Threads About The New Live Server In The TLP Section?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dawdle, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Ceffener Augur

Maybe they will launch a new live server? But this one has already been stated as a TLP starting at HoT with 2-3 month unlocks.
  2. Dawdle Augur

https://www.everquest.com/news/late-summer-producers-letter-2019

They never did say what server they were talking about in the producers letter but I can't imagine that there's two servers at this point. Could be wrong but seems like there's no Live server just more TLP's. @notaliveserver
  3. That0neguy Augur

Just because she talks about wanting to do something for a live server doesn't mean this isn't a TLP server. It also doesn't mean whatever she is planning has to be for EQ2 aniv or if its for EQ aniv.... or on a whole different timeline.
  4. Ceffener Augur

Could assume it is referencing the “We will tell your more in November about our continued commitment to EQ and EQ2 part”. To me it sounds like “we are thinking live should get something”, not “surprise another server”.
  5. That0neguy Augur

Yep. My guess is its no a new live server. That would not make a whole lot of sense. Really doubt live players would find any value in a new live server.
  6. Dawdle Augur

From the Everquest show, 7:30-7:59
    Holly: So we’re going to be launching more servers this year to celebrate the EverQuest II 15th anniversary and EQ is going to support that as well as EQ2 launching a new server as well. And this is more about, OK we did progression, that’s good. That’s a solid audience and it’s its own audience.

Holly: What about live? When is the last time we launched a live server in either game? Can’t even remember.

Well maybe Holly was only talking about EQ2. A new Live server with AoC would be interesting. A server for return players, for people wanting new experiences, a place to group new toons, a place to meet people from all the other Live servers. I can think of a lot of ways how having a preferred Live server could of been great for EQ.

Just don't see how having this new TLP will be anything. Three new TLP servers in a year...
  7. yerm Augur

Anything after planes of power is basically live everquest. Every tlper knows and understands this.
  8. Radical New Member

M-O-N-E-Y.
  9. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Well played, sir. I tip my hat.
  10. Rayvorn Elder

New “Rivervale” Server Launch on November 5

We wanted to kick off our anniversary celebrations with a new server! Be part of a new community on a new “live” server. It’s been a LONG time since we’ve added a new one.
    No gated content. Plus, you can choose to start as a heroic character at level 90 in Phantom Seas (released in 2014’s Altar of Malice expansion). All it requires is a membership to play!

Since the new server for EQ2 is a live server, I assume this is what she meant in her podcast. Since the EQ server will progress from Hot - Live at 2 months for non-level and 3 months for expansions with levels....that would make it a TLP server.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Sir this is the EQ1 TLP forum, can you please take that garbage somewhere else?
  12. Vladd Wunderslash New Member

P99 is launching new classic server today. Green. Gonna start at original state of game and end at Velious. No voting or timelocks after server firsts. Anyone out there going to play that was on Fippy Darkpaw server? I was Vladd/Aurora from Twisted Legion send me a msg if so. Looks like its going to be a healthy population and should stay that way for a long time if the other servers over there are any representation.
  13. Dawdle Augur

A quote from a more recent thread about why this might of worked as a Live server...

I don't think anybody that was interested in this is going to wait around till the failure that's Miragul catches up to a point where it might be in a good place. This server isn't getting past TDS even if it manages to get there with any guilds capable of doing progression.

We didn't need another TLP server. We didn't need a Live true-box server. The TLP community has no interest in a server like this and if it was going to be interesting to the Live community it's DoA . Should of moved these threads to the Live forums so you could have gauged it's support and popularity. The feedback for a server like this was horrible. The only good thing that came out of it was the fact that DB caught some cheaters using VM's.

Even if anyone was interested in doing meaningful progression in the later expansions they seem to be SoL. A Live heroic server was a concept that was different and I thought it might have potential but this... If you are judging by it's popularity... The issue is you can play Live for free with people that know what they are doing and might help you but to get any of those people to play this server you'd of had to change it because aside from having the heroics this rule set on a Live server is poo. The reasons are so obvious.