Melee skills nerfed

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bobokin, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Belexes ForumQuester

I don't know what you other rogues are whining about, I still do just about as much DPS as I have always done. I parse, so I can tell you that. I don't have any feelings that I am doing worse. A good rogue always is parsing to see how things work and how it affects their DPS.

The change to riposte hasn't changed how I can keep the Northwest Fort in FM in EoK on cool down with a rogue and a healer merc. I am talking all the plateau and the inside of the fort. The mobs are not dying any slower and I am still tanking 3-4 at a time where the drill sergeants hang out. I gotta wait for respawns since they die so fast. I have gina triggers for assassinate and critical assassinate and they are still going off like a lit box of firecrackers. :)

So you all should parse instead of guessing. :) I hear how often Assassinate goes off and not seeing any significant change.

Not doing any worse in raids either.

Much ado about nada.
    Winnowyl and Tolzol like this.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

Some live players = this change didn't affect me so TLP players are incorrect.
    Some TLP players = this change affected me so live players are oblivious.
    That's the gist of this thread so far. A complete disconnect between two groups experiencing different outcomes.
  3. Tolzol Augur

Pretty sure your the only person in this thread talking about TLPs.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Winnowyl like this.
  4. MaxTheLion Augur

That may well be the case. To my fault I was under the impression that at least one other person with the issue was on a TLP, considering the talk about casuals and mention of Underfoot. I still stand by my statement since I, as a casual TLP player, have experienced a difference when hunting lower con mobs (including Underfoot). I just won't bother adding anymore to this thread if it's only live players comparing their experiences.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I mentioned Underfoot because UF would be greens to a 105/110 (maybe grey now? I haven't been there in a while.) So if someone were to be swarming there for xp, it wouldn't work there all that well anymore.

As for TLP, what level are you? I'd have to call BS if you're killing blues and even light blues in UF as a Rogue and noticing a SIGNIFICANT difference. Anything remotely current just doesn't miss us enough to make a significant difference. Tanks most certainly will notice this change more.

As for TLP vs. Live... the codebase is the same...
    Szilent likes this.
  6. MaxTheLion Augur

I'm not a Rogue and I'm level 95. I noticed the difference in UF while running Bonfire of the Adherents when trying to farm an item for an alt. On average it was an increase of about seven minutes per clear which I'm sure doesn't sound like much, but it is noticeable when you're playing on limited time and need to repeat things over and over. However, I'm noticing the biggest difference while farming certain mid/low level zones for tradeskill materials. Again, it might not seem like a big deal but when it takes an hour - an hour and a half of killing to get a rare drop, of which I need 24, all additional time quickly adds up.
    Bobokin likes this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

This change made Everquest very un-fun to play for melee just doing regular tasks.

Even going to old zones for alt loot or farming materials is a pain in the backside. I actually have to click on each mob 50 levels lower than me and reset the attack button on each one now.

So when will this get balanced by making NO SPELLS work that would have not had more than a 50% chance to be resisted? Heals and rez can't be used on players out of group range either. I mean, fair is fair.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You do realize, for content far below you, you can sit down, and everything will automatically hit you (mobs never miss when you sit). Since the damage these "50 levels below you" mobs do would be insignificant compared to modern HP pools, you can do that, and get all the ripostes you want.
  9. Szilent Augur

the spells that already for the past decades have had to target each mob just like you're complaining about? the spells that not only aren't instant-ish like melee rounds, but also have to deal with being interrupted ? those spells?
    Duder and Tolzol like this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

What's the fun in that? The point isn't to do nothing. The point is that it was fine as it was.

Yeah, and armor can't work against non-current mobs. No resists or buffs either.

Riposte has worked the same for decades, but now the change? Why?
  11. Belexes ForumQuester

If you keep looking at the spot where your cheese used to be, you are going to starve to death. Find another spot that has cheese in it.

Complaining about killing gray con mobs isn't going to change things. Figure out how to be better. :) If farming gray con mobs is important to you, there are better classes for this stuff.

You complain about sitting down is no fun, but standing up for the same thing is?? I think you just like to complain.

I play a high level rogue. I would never use the rogue for farming. Why farm with a horse and plow when you can use a nice John Deere? Figure it out...
    Duder and Tatanka like this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This thread is still going? Damn...
    Nennius, Duder and Winnowyl like this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You couldn't see the point from where you're standing, with a telescope.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Kenre Journeyman

So funny that any melee complains about old gray con content compared to a caster. And by funny I mean sad.
    Thunderkiks and Duder like this.
  15. Bobokin Augur

Most of what I am talking about is green and barely gray. What is sad is are the people on this board who chime in just to provide personal insults.

Typical ad hominem attack. Your logic lacks validity.

There was no need for this change. The game was fine for 20 years.
  16. Szilent Augur

It wasn't. It was a particular kind of dumb that you were accustomed to and enjoyed exploiting. That's not the same.
  17. Bobokin Augur

How did I exploit it? Tell me what you know about me?

How was it kind of dumb? I do fencing in real life, and I don't wait to see if the opponent's blade is going to hit the mark before I perform a riposte. In the game, it is especially strange because it is basically saying that a melee class can't riposte a blade that may have contacted but did not penetrate one's armor. That is kind of dumb.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Your response lacks alacrity.
    Szilent likes this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

And many of us are truly overwrought with ambivalence in regards to the topic of this thread. Not to mention that the point of the thread seems almost irretrievably lost.
  20. Renotaki Elder

Why did this thread get necro'ed?