Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

I have a winner here. Assurance overwrites symbol.

How great would it be if we didn't have these buff conflicts anymore. Spells can already overwrite each other. It would be amazing if we can set a priority order.

I would love to be able to set druid skin to overwrite assurance.

And for brells to over write beastlord HP which over writes predator.

Shaman HP to overwrite shielding.

Maybe not to start having every buff on the list. Just start with brells vs predator and skin vs assurance. When the code/UI works, expand the list.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Raccoo Augur

Vumad, I was looking for the link to my issue on the issue tracker for the buff priority, but it looks like the website is down currently. :(
    Vumad likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

not sure if this is in this post didnt read all 80 pages

but can we get a filter on /claim window to hide all the darn paintings of 999 .. like checkboxes for mercs. paintings, illusions, familiars, potions, etc...
  4. Blastoff Augur

Out of combat group DI
  5. Imukai Augur

An option to not show a message for trivial tradeskill combines about the triviality of said combine.
  6. Thundersnake Elder

Not sure if this was covered (TLDR) but https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/timer-command.217136/ has this feature already built into making macros with a specific cool down timer. Maybe not a perfect solution like the one in EQ2 but close enough. /timer command
  7. Thundersnake Elder

Maybe I'm just old fashion or something but I was taught that greed is for items you want to sell or use on alts, need is for items you want to use on the character you're playing. This has always kinda been a thing in 90% of the groups I've been in since 2002. TLP from my experience is full of people who roll need on everything they can sell, this was one of the many reasons I don't do TLP anymore.
    kizant likes this.
  8. Thundersnake Elder

some of the biggest things on my list are:

:) 1: Permanent 1/2 or 1/3rd Task/DZ Timer Reductions for content more than 3 expansions old.

:cool: 2: All Currency 3 Expansions or older becomes trade-able and or have an NPC which does a trade in for all currencies to a unified currency token "Ageless Token" and have a few items we can buy with said tokens,
    Some examples:
    2a. 100 Ageless Tokens = 1 Box of randomness - (Expendable) click to receive 1 random item from the database.
    2b. 25k Ageless Tokens = 1 Bag of Family Heirlooms (Container) combine item inside to add the heirloom tag to any item.
    2c. 50k Ageless Tokens = 1 Satchel of Trade (Container) combine item inside to remove the no trade tag from any item.
    I am guessing 2b and 2c might not be feasible on the back end of things.
    2d. 100k Ageless Tokens = 1 Non Quest item from the current xpac.
    2e. 1k Ageless Tokens = 1 Phitter of Achievement - (Consumable) Random unearned Achievement for content older than 3 Expansions.
    2f. Conversion back to older currencies 10 Ageless Tokens = 1 of any currency for content older than 3 expansions.
    In addition to this it would be nice if all flags/achievements/faction needed to buy items from vendors in content older than 3 expansions were no longer required to unlock/buy their full list of items. I can't imagine I am the only one who might like this.

o_O 3: Title: The Tidy + Reward. Watching the recent Holly Windstalker interviews gave me this idea. Reward people for keeping their total item count below a certain number.
    The idea of being rewarded for tossing old junk might appeal to the masses out there. The reward would have to be somewhat substantial for maximum impact tho.
    Maybe 100 DBC per month per account and a big reward for long streaks. Say 1000 DBC that has to be claimed the month it's earned for keeping the their bags tidy for 3 months in a row. The item count to be counted each day at a certain time.
    The parameters could be as follows: when all but 1 character on each account has a total item count of less than 1000 items, for accounts that have more than 1 character.
    For accounts with 1 character they would get the reward for keeping the item count under say 1200 items. The item count would include Parcels, Housing, Personal Bank, and Inventory/Worn. Obviously there might be better rewards/implementation of this but I think it might be a good idea for the longevity and stability of the game.
    Vumad likes this.
  9. Alythea New Member

Generally:
    1. Combine the Aura, Song, and Effects windows into one window. Aura spells already show in two: Songs and Aura already. Add tabs to the new window to display the information as the current square spell icons, or switch to a list view with titles.
    2. Add a specific "tint color" to the group window for each player, and then tint the buff icons in Effects to the same. It would let the group see who spell effects are coming from, just by glancing at it.
    3. Make it easier for players to script hotbuttons for sending group tells when activating AA abilities.
    4. Combine the Target and Target of Target Windows. The small default "Target of Target" is sometimes hard to read and rather useless, IMHO.
    5. Have the option of blinking gauges when it drops below 30%.
    6. Add more hair, eye, and skin tints to the game. I would happily pay a fee in the DB store for the privilege.
    7. Please consider updating the older models closer to the quality of the Drakken, or bringing the original EQ2 player models to EQ1 if possible as an option. Again, I would happily pay a fee in the DB store for the privilege.
    8. A tabbed spellbook with tabbed Favorites, Spell levels, or Spell Lines. It would really make things better for newer players.
    9. In spell details, it would be nice to see a list of what AAs affect the spell.
    As an enchantress, I'd like to see:

1. Change the color of a mob's name or put some symbol over it so that the group knows that something is mezzed or charmed. Mark it in the Extended Target as well.
    2. Make Charm more group friendly and newbie friendly by setting it to a fixed duration or minimum duration across the board. It would also simplify AAs considerably, without overpowering Enchanters. It would remove a lot of confusion for non-enchanters and new enchanters alike.
    3. Add a Greater Mass Enchant Clay. We have been asking for that for years. In fact, I would suggest upping all of the Greater Mass Enchants to 20 instead of 10, because players need large stacks of enchanted trade items for leveling.
    SIDL Change:
    1. Currently the SIDL spec for hotbars is:
      <EQType>hotbutton/Bar bar number/slot number</EQType>

It would be nice if:
      <EQType>hotbutton/Bar bar number/hotbar page number/slot number</EQType>

This would let players design custom UIs to access a specific page of the hotbars.
    2. It would be nice if we had vertical gauges! Please!

Thanks so much for asking!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Oh, how about an option for auto-combines that automatically stops it if you hit a trivial. That is to say that if you hit combine all for something to skill up, it will automatically stop making combines when you hit that combine cap.
  11. Balthozzar Elder

That seems like a good thing, but the main reason for it would be for hitting combine all and walking away or tabbing to something else on the computer without worrying about doing more combines than you need to. In other words, it enables afk tradeskilling, so there is essentially zero chance that DB would do it.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

A text command for handling "Set All To" command when solo or when master looter.

/Advloot all NAME
    Szilent likes this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

The current system allows AFK trade skilling now for making all of the sub combines so why would anyone care really?

Besides, being AFK is not the only reason to do it. I currently just use an audio trigger for trivial that I can turn on and off when making combines so I don't have to stare at the chat window making sure I am not wasteful. There are other things you can do while auto-skill up like chat with friends or answer questions for new players or other trade skillers etc.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

Merc bandolier would be nice, or some other way to more easily switch out all 4 slots. Maybe even make it so the bandolier is tied to the merc. So once you set it up switching mercs will switch the stats.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

Since shrouds don't work at the current level, being able to shroud into your merc would be awesome and a really cool way to earn merc XP.
  16. Xanbar Augur

"Add" button for bazaar searches. Adds search string to a favorite list than can be display with a "Show" button (works like alchemy favorite combines).
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

In the new expansion, make a new Velketor's Lab, with a catch. No levitation, and fall damage is increased by 5,000,000%. You can weed out the bad players who can't climb their way to the raid NPC.
  18. Lubianx Augur

Not sure if it was mentioned or not but a bandolier type option for slots other than weapons (waist and face come to mind)
  19. Sandy100 Elder

Multiclass, Multiclass and multiclass!!

Here is the point. DBG has not seen much of an increase in the player base for EQ. Your answer has been to keep developing progression servers. However, if you would think outside of the box for a bit, I believe I have a way for you to bring in Tens of thousands of new players and would be a great competition to the upcoming Pantheon release. Allow for multiclassing.
    Gary Gygax, inventor of D & D, had this idea. Thus, you would somewhat combine elements of EQ with D& D. My suggestion would be to form a new progression server and allow multiclasing for at least two classes or even three. The muticlassed character would have access to all muticlass spells and armor.
    The limitions however would be:
    1. limited by number of spell buttons.2. Loss of 20% exp accumulation per addition class taken. thus, multiclassed characters would take longer to level and develop.

I really think that multiclassing's time has come for at least a trial with a new progression server.
  20. Greymantle Augur

If a 'chat' window is locked, please make that you cannot close it unless unlocked first.