Tradeable Expansions ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

I am VERY curious on how this will play out.

Trade able heroic toons..

Trade able expansions..

Traceable premium mounts ..

This launch is shaping up to be thee most box friendly expansion I've ever heard of in any game out right now.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Almost like they realize that a lot of EQ players box....and have for the last 10 years.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Now it is 100% completely un deniable that boxer's make up a LARGE enough chunk of EQ they actually took us into launch consideration now.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah dont think you will be saying that when you see the cost.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

We'll see.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

As some one who has 12 accounts gold / an up to date per expansion launch ..

I do not hold cost of expansions as a burden.
    FubarEQ and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Since Daybreak is including the "Gnomish bundle" with the family/friend bundle, the price point probably won't be a bulk discount. (Edit: The price tag per unit will probably be north of $250 since it includes Premium for the purchaser and the gnome items).

The tradable content will be another conduit/form of currency. In the same way people use Kronos to pay for ultra-rare chase loot, illusions, mounts, or ornaments, you will have people trading 1-3 ToV expansions for something on the magnitude of "Summoner's Descending Moon Earring", etc.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

I don't think it will be more then premium plus half.. of the base expansion package. I doubt it will be north of 250.

My guess is it's gonna be round about full premium base.. plus half or two thirds cost of basic expansion costs.

Why .. Because the tradeable version of the expansion is going to be the basic version. Not the premium. So it would not or should not I should say.. cost 2 premiums or more for the friends and family expansion cost. It will be north of 100 for sure.. but I doubt it will be more then 150 at it's absolute most expensive.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

If it is more expensive than a adding a normal expansion then there is not much reason to buy it. In one year it is again at half price. Something to consider...
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I might be wrong here but based on the wording of the Producer's Letter, the Family-Friend bundle is all inclusive of the items listed. The bundle would include everything which means you will get the premium edition (for original purchaser), tradable standard expac, tradable heroic character, "gnomish legendary bundle", xp potions, extra bag, and possibly duplicate tradeable CE/PE mount. Here is how I get my numbers (based on current marketplace prices):

Premium Edition (for original purchaser) - $139.99
    (1) Tradable Standard Edition - $34.99
    (1) Tradable Heroic Character - $35 (3500 DBC)
    (1) Gnomish Legendary Bundle - $50 (conservatively - the bundle overrides Gnome Heritage Crate RNG and provides illusion & mount guarantee - similar top tier "Gilded Premium Familiar Crate" bundle on EQ2 sells for 9899 DBC each)
    (1) 40 slot bag - $22 (32 slot bag is currently at 2200 on market)
    (2) Shared 50% experience potions - $10-$90 value (Shared Bottle III sells for 4500 DBC each).

Possibly:

Duplicate Tradable Collector Edition Mount
    Duplicate Tradable Premium Edition Mount (Previous expansion top Mount Blessing).

The grand total (setting $10 for xp potions) - without incorporating the value of duplicate tradable CE/PE mounts - is:

$291.98

If they are nice and wanted a "round number", I'd say $250 is the comfortable range. (Again, if I am understanding the wording of the letter correctly).
    Moege and Whulfgar like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You may be spot on.
    FubarEQ and Benito like this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Did you see where Holly said this near the bottom: "The bundle is set at a high price point but is a good deal as a package overall."

Pretty sure it will not be cheaper then a collectors and a standard together. But I would be very happy to be wrong.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Damn .. this is a good itemization check list man Good job. Yeah Im thinking I low balled the heck outta it after see'ing all this.

I agree with yall now hahha.
    Benito likes this.
  14. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I like money
  15. Yimin Augur

If thats true about being friendly to boxing I might play again ! Time will tell I guess ....

YiMin

PS if they made Gnomes Bst id start playing for sure :)
    Leigo likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I asked in the discussion thread to separate the "Gnomish Legendary Bundle" from the Family-Friend bundle to make both more affordable. I'm sure the Gnomish Legendary Bundle will be there to convolute and obfuscate the price point (which will crazier than it should be) since Daybreak can now interject that the Gnomish Legendary Bundle illusion and mount is equivalent of purchasing at least 10 Gnome Heritage Crates.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Gnomish Bundle... :(
  18. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

19. Bigstomp Augur

I box, but I am interested in the idea of an expansion that can be traded.
    I'm sure many have seen in game friends who were struggling a little.
    The ability to gift them the expansion without having to share account details or CC details I like.

I haven't figured out how the math will work for our households accounts yet, but the ability to gift it I really like.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree with you but they want it in there to jack up the price and have folks feel they are getting stuff for the cost even though it's stuff a lot of us would never want anyway.

Their deal will only be good to someone who wants all the stuff they are offering.

The purpose of the package is to get more money from us then they would otherwise get. Not to give us a deal. But they are a business so that is what they try to do get more of our money.

On one hand I hope the deal doesn't sell well so they try a better bundle package. On the other hand if they can get more money then they usually would from a lot of other folks then the game is better supported with purchases which I can benefit from indirectly.
    Benito likes this.