So WHEN will the autobots be addressed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinny4Life, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Gottar New Member

Ah, that’s cute... stick your head in the sand all you want.

It’s 100% true. Not going to link to the sites this has been reported on.

But it’s true.
  2. taliefer Augur

Why would I stick my head in the sand? I want it to be true. But considering the most blatant mass boxer is still around and kicking, I have my doubts. Also haven’t heard a peep about a mass ban wave in the various discord channels I brought up earlier in this thread. Feel free to shoot me a pm, i’d Love to be wrong about this and give Daybreak some credit. I just haven’t seen anything worth giving credit for
  3. Sendaii New Member

So like, the 70 boxer Authority is online as we speak. How does one explain this?
  4. JnJu New Member

You must not play on this server. Everyone knows he only plays 12 characters.

The 70 boxer doesn't hide who he is.

Nor does the guild that woke the sleeper.

Neither of those are Authority.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

How many crews of 18+ boxers does Mangler have right now?
  6. JeffHanson Augur

There is still "rampant botting all over the place" on Emarr (and probably on every server).
  7. taliefer Augur

can DBG at least come out and say they arent going to do anything? i mean, its so glaringly obvious when a handful of people control armies of characters. they dont even try hiding it.

id threaten to quit, but i play on a lifetime account so empty threat. rabble rabble rabble. which means on the flip side i wont quit if DBG does just come out and say it~
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You know I'm starting to like certain bots...

I can pay them to PL, farm a raid / dz or get some cheap items. Almost like 3rd world help.

On the other hand did you know a bot selling nothing but potions can average 1.4 krono a day in earnings on autopilot?
  9. Machen New Member

I told you it was a bad investment! :D
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Ya we know that because you say such things quite often.

But there's a difference between paying boxers for loot or exp vs bots running unattended 24/7.
  11. Nstyle New Member

12. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Not with THAT attitude ;)
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

What really is the answer?

Here we are fighting, basically making petitions for DBG to get 1 serious GM that knows EQ to get in game and at the very least ban the worst of the worst. At the end of the day EQ is a game and the automated gameplay hasnt gotten better over the last year or two from what I've seen.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Maybe the large automated boxers is DBG. :rolleyes:

I mean how stupid do you have to be to think any 12 to 60 boxer isn't playing with a high level of automation.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

People with real jobs don't give a about krono farming to get hood rich.
    oldkracow and Oakenblade like this.
  16. Xanathol Augur

The boxer was warping around GFey recently... during a guide event... with a guide in zone...

They know they will not be banned or even disciplined and DBG will do everything to pretend they do not even exist (no posting names on forums, etc).
  17. Machen New Member

Unless things have changed, guides don't have the ability to detect people warping. They have the same interface we do...
  18. AtabishiRealThe New Member

Hail Norrathians,

I know there is a lot of frustration surrounding both unintended and unattended gameplay (which includes botting). While we have been quiet about it, we care very much about the impact these kinds of issues have on the community and the game. Please rest assured that we are working on ways to address it and solutions behind the scenes. When we are closer to being ready to talk about them, we will let you all know.

HoodenShuklak and oldkracow like this.
  19. KronoKing Elder

AKA we cant stop them so we will work secretly with eq mule to hide code that will illegally access players' computer system and report the users to mule and then mule will tell us who used it and use that to give them a 7 day suspension.

in the event that said person managed to find that code and not get hit, we will act like we are still working in the background and remain quiet while he continues his reign. not even eq mule can stop him.
  20. Machen New Member

If that's what actually went down, DBG may have just found a way to deal with m q 2 permanently...