Advanced Loot Window how do I question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roartyger Smoot, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Roartyger Smoot Elder

How do I set my loot filters for when I am grouped with someone that is using always need and I use always greed. I tend to box most of the time. I use always greed so I don't have my bags overfilling when I go and get into my groove. Occasionally I will group with someone else, an old friend or helping someone out, and I find myself getting burned. I don't mind sharing the loot on diamonds, blue diamonds and so on.

I do mind finding out I am not getting alaran cantrips or some similar item when the person who is using always need is way beyond the levels where they don't need them. Free to play? What? I am paying money to play and I am making room for someone else who is free to play and they want those big items to sell so they can get a Krono? Well that argument is just laughable. Seriously. So I am like the character C. Mott Dibbler in the Disc World books. Slitting my own throat to make you happy.

I need those spells. Not gonna buy the cantrip from someone I grouped with. I can go out and do my own thing.

What I am not seeing is how I can have two sets of loot filters. One for when I do my own thing and one where it is set to always need like apparently everyone else is doing. I could just have whicever character I have in the group send those items to who they know actually has the 'need'.

Am I missing something in the advanced loot window interface? It seems that at times I am the heretic rebel that people want to draw into their circle and I am just fine in my own circle. Thank you Edwin Markham. Nice poem, but sometimes the other circle doesn't look so good.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

As you indicated, just about everything in the game that is sellable or tradeable has a cash value and is needed by everybody equally. Same with quest items like the Alaran Cantrip. Your default setting should be Always Need, not Greed.

Make whatever arrangements work best with your friends or your boxes, but the default setting for pick-up groups should be Always Need, and everybody should expect that. It's the simplest and most fair way to do things.
  3. Repthor Augur

there is a way u can do it its a bit of a round about way . create 2 new toons on your acount name 1 of them Aneed or something easy to remember and one Agreed

then in your eq directory find the files(s)
    LF_AG_Toon_server.txt copy it to your desktop and rename it to
    LF_AG_Agreedtoon_server.txt and put that back in to your resource folder

then make another copy of the same file again and rename it as follows

LF_AN_NewNeedToon_server.xt and put that file in to your resource folder

this will change all the greed options u alreaddy allocated to need and save the setting to the new toon you made as a place holder

you also want to find the file LF_Rnd_toon_server.txt and copy it and rename it one time for the greed toon and one time for the need toon and put the modifyed file back in tot he resource folder this is so any option you had to auto roll will be saved if you dont care about that u can skip this step

now when all this is done all you to do is log in to your main again and next time you group with that person who uses need open you loot window and import the lootfilter from the allways need toon and all your greed settings will switch to need and when your done with that just import the greed settings back from the greed toon

keep in mind you have to update your need and greed toon filters every now and again as u come across new items

its a bit janky and stuff but this is the easyest way i found to deal with it that or just not group with ppl who need on everything cuz they cant be bothered to use the loot window properly
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The Advanced Loot Window does not easily support switching between different settings sets. But you can import from other characters, so you might be able to configure one alt toon for group and one alt toon for boxing, and then, on your main, you could import whichever set you wished to use.

That's more work than I've ever tried to do. I default to whatever I want (almost always "Always Need"), and then if I want to change it temporarily I will use the "Set All To" button with "Need", "Greed", or "No" (without the "Always").
  5. Baldur Augur

I couldn't disagree more. Any cash loot and anything you're looting just to sell in the baz you want for greed purposes, not need.

I'm in a guild that forces most everything to be on greed during raids, that way for things like alchemy and poison making components those classes that actually use them can need on them and be guaranteed to get them.

So my solution is to just not group with anyone outside my guild. :D
    Nolrog and Fanra like this.
  6. Nniki Augur

Not a particularly good option, but an option nonetheless would be to uncheck the Apply Filters checkbox and then manually control the individual selections. You could use the Set all to: button to set everything to roll or to set everything to need, etc. It would be tedious as you wouldn't have any filters set or stored, but you'd have full control that way.

[IMG]
    Duder likes this.
  7. Laronk Augur

I gave up on ever marking anything as greed and just use need because of the way others are.
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  8. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Actually I realized that if I am to filter items to the characters so I can spread the load around to I just set them to need and the others to greed. It was there in front of me the whole time, but I was just to highly trained doing it the other way to see. The things that happen when you find old meds and get your sleep schedule back on track.
  9. eqgamer Augur

I just don't do anything with it until I - as group leader - am ready to either let someone loot or we do old school /ran. Then I either make it ffa or give to person directly. That's the system I've always used and it works well for me and my game.
  10. Bobokin Augur

Our guild used to use AG for gems and such, but so many others used AN, so we switched to AN because we had to keep changing back and forth.
    Laronk likes this.