Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 16, 2019.

1. meatsauce New Member

can you please add some old Premium awards available to buy? I could really use the Iksar statue to port to Frontier Mtns in my guild. None of my chars have that item.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I rescind my statement and its falsity. However, my point stands that Gnomes have had their limelight with GMM. Its time we focus on something people like.
    Diptera, Yinla and Fortunbas like this.
  3. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

What reasons do you think might prompt one player playing with multiple accounts!!??
    Maybe because there are not enough real players in their time zone? Maybe they are tired of waiting for that right class? Maybe mercs need a massive upgrade because they are useless so reverting to alts is 100 times better?
    What is your beef with afk players besides it being against the rules? Does an afk player affect you psychologically or are you concerned because they are not playing with you? If the afk player is gorging a camp or KS'ing your named, then yes I can see the issue but if not? who cares? Certainly not DBG, I can assure you.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why? Even a small guild should field enough players to drop a banner (13).
  5. Endaar Augur

The way the BBB works is based on RESPONDING to claims, not resolving them. So basically as long as the company responds to the BBB with something reasonable, they can retain a positive rating.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

If those 34 accounts are all paying accounts it does. If they're FTP then they wouldn't mean nearly as much.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Quite true. The BBB has also tended to favor those companies that are paying members. BBB ratings need to be taken with a large grain of salt.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Likely referring to the limit on the price that can be set on a single item.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

What? You mean we shouldn't just be dazzled by bread and circuses? I do wonder how aggressive the pricing will be.
  10. Flat Toad Elder

I'll cheerfully be your friend next thursday for a hamburger today...
    Diptera and CatsPaws like this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

[/quote]

I had 2 Amulet of Necropotence . 1 I accidentlly deleted when selling a full bag of items at once. It was during my farming for an 1.0 epic.. So for hours I was deleting drops. My AoN was not in the veder recover window either. GM did nothing after doing a petition about 1 hr after I realized I deleted it.
    Dyna likes this.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

34 accounts?
    To sell.
  13. Dyna Elder

I had 2 Amulet of Necropotence . 1 I accidentlly deleted when selling a full bag of items at once. It was during my farming for an 1.0 epic.. So for hours I was deleting drops. My AoN was not in the veder recover window either. GM did nothing after doing a petition about 1 hr after I realized I deleted it.[/quote]

Yes they told me it does not go to the recovery when you delete and aug, is that weird? What do they gain by not letting you recover an accidentally deleted item and if the recovery, which you pay a lot for the tokens for is only for trash what is the point?
    The GM was really nice even though he could not help.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That sounds like you "Sold" the AoN not deleted it. In which case it wouldn't show up in the recover tab and as you saw would probably not be given back to you. You probably could of bought it back off the vendor but that is also hit or miss.

Destroying an aug that is already equipped in gear is a little different than just deleting an item, since it "Unaugs" the gear. With some augs only being able to be removed with the Perfected Aug distillers, destroying the augs and then using the recovery tokens would by-pass having to use Perfected Distillers.

I've had several missing/bugged items returned to me, if it's caused by a game/server side error they will replace it. If it's because of human error, than you might be sol. As for characters, it was already mentioned you have to TYPE the chars name in to confirm you want to delete it, that's pretty hard to accidently do.

I'm not sure what kind of "Protection" you expect but I've had my account active for 19+ years and have never had any issues with missing items/chars that wasn't fixed unless it was something I did myself, which there was at least 1 instance of but I'm not going to fault them for not fixing my own mistake (there has also been multiple times they did fix my own mistake).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. discordkitty Augur

Remember when you didn't have to pre-order to get into the next expansion beta? Pepperidge farm remembers.
  16. Dewey Augur

If you buy the tradeable expansion. Can the person you trade it to also join beta?
  17. Delphwind Augur

I completely agree with this, and I personally cant wait for it!

Live is far too confusing for a new player, and doing the first 5-6 expansions on another TLP is getting very boring. Starting at HoT when the raids start to get really interesting, and the classes start to expand (which gives mix/max people something more to focus on) is going to be the perfect spot for me personally.

But you are correct, about 70% of the current TLP player base does not want harder content and classes that actually need to be played (not just sitting and medding as the monk pulls stuff to you for hours and hours and hours).
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You mean when it was completely random if you would get in or not? Or do you mean when it was first come first served so anyone with a job rarely got in? Or do you mean later in the beta cycle where they have a couple times opened it up to any account?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nennius like this.
  19. Jordis Augur

Iceclad Gnome pirates that got shipwrecked.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Shhh Rose colored glasses make life more pleasant.