New November Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MarttinPH, Sep 19, 2019.

1. That0neguy Augur

Yeah because the last two TLP servers def show that player opinion can't change what DBG originally planed to do......
  2. Ceffener Augur

I have been arguing you are wrong the entire time and have no desire to remove people’s ability to solo, molo, box, etc. Your just wrong about a fundamental aspect of the games design, that’s ok. You want to enjoy most the content in era? Your going to group. People can still have fun not grouping, having fun your own way is really all that matters.
  3. Machen New Member

First off, you're just one guy on this thread. The guy who I've been principally arguing with literally is calling for removing the ability for people to solo, molo and box.

And second, again, you are just wrong. I've enjoyed most of the non raid content in almost every era of the game without grouping. The game doesn't require it. There are other ways to tackle it.
    Aneuren likes this.
  4. Ceffener Augur

Lol ok
  5. Sorrows New Member

I never understood the weird reaction certain personality types have towards those who like to box in games.

I also find it hilarious when people claim nobody boxed in classic...

In 1999 I lived in a house with 5 friends out of college. We had 6 phone lines.I boxed a monk and druid on 2 gateway computers on dial up from the first week of the march 1999 launch. My friends held the frenzy camp on the karana server for literally weeks on end working in shifts. Boxing existed from day one, get over it.

I'm 43 now and work a full time professional job for 50+ hours a week. When I have free time I like to play EQ. I don't always have multiple hours to play LFG tag and collect the proper group to handle a specific task. Sometimes I just want to load up a few of my own toons and get to work. I will even drop a box here and there for random folks out in the wild for some company. I will play the game however I choose.

I'd like to roll up a nice SK, mage, bard, druid, enchanter 5 box with a cleric merc on the new November 5th server if they are smart enough to drop the truebox nonsense, otherwise I will invest my time and money somewhere else.
    Machen likes this.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

If you want me to give up boxing, make the game more fun to play on just one character. If you want me to group with you, be more fun to group with, be less offensive to listen to, and pay more attention to the game (do more research, be prepared, don't go afk, etc.).

Taking away boxing will not make me want to group with you more. It will just make me want to play the game less. And that's bad for everybody.

Most boxers box because they are bored.
    Machen likes this.
  7. Riggles Journeyman

Reading this thread reinstills my desire to always box and never group with others.

Plus, why waste my time, taking however long it is to form a group, take 20-30 minutes to find/arrive to a camp, then one or two players leave 10 minutes after arriving. My boxes never leave my group.
    Machen likes this.
  8. Rayvorn Elder

There is like 17 days till the server launches and we don't know anything more then we did 40 days ago when they first brought the server up except the exact date and server name (which was already guessed). Still no clue on rule set, truebox or not (only everyone is waiting on this), launch times, what armor will the characters start with, ect ect. People like to plan and organize with server launches which means INCREASED server population. How long does it take to make a FAQ announcement? Just cut and paste the other 10 you have created and change a few lines. Why does everything have to be like pulling teeth. More info = more time to plan = more excitement = more money for you.
    Ootax likes this.
  9. SunDrake Augur

It definitely seems time to release some details. I'm guessing they will come when next week's pre-order opens.
  10. Laronk Augur

I like to box also but what I normally do when I don't box is I find 1 person and I go where ever and get started with the help of mercs and just try to add as I'm doing stuff.
  11. Rotlust Augur

if they allow boxing on this server it will be a solo experience like all others. If you want to be able to solo all the time, why not just play wow or any of the other million clones of it?
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

With the advent of in-game communication and out-of-game communication, boxing doesn't mean you are alone. It just means you aren't bored when you are.

EDIT: Why are you so concerned about other people playing by themselves, anyway? How does that affect you at all?
  13. Junck Journeyman

It seems everyone posting here assumes there will be only one new TLP server...
  14. Rayvorn Elder

Everything is an assumption when no information is released.
  15. Machen New Member

They've only announced one. That's the server we're discussing.
  16. ntellect Augur

Player didnt change the fact that both servers are true box. Which is what we are talking about.
  17. That0neguy Augur

Oh I see. So now it only counts if it's the specific change that you think is good?
  18. ntellect Augur

You are conflating two separate points. That being player choice influencing change and the server itself being true box or not. Players can influence the former but not the latter. Mangler and Selo are still true box regardless if players like it or not.
  19. Machen New Member

You really don't think so? Where did truebox come from in the first place then?
  20. yerm Augur

True box was added due to player reactions to fippy/vulak and ragefire/lockjaw. Player disgust over it could very well lead to its removal. The developers choose to leave it in; it's not some legacy code that nobody can figure out and it's not like they forced it onto any existing server that didn't launch with it.