San Diego Offices Visit?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MarttinPH, Oct 18, 2019.

1. MarttinPH Augur

I am going to be in San Diego for a conference at the beginning of the year. Are people that don't make youtube videos about Everquest allowed to visit the studios?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Don't know if DBG will comment but my thought would be it would be hard to get work done if everyone who happened to be in the area could just drop by. Since they probably don't want strangers wandering about alone they would have to have someone to a tour I guess? I can't see them letting everyone wander around talking to devs who are busy working so not sure what you might get out of it.

On the other hand it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd PM Dreamweaver with your request and dates.

Good Luck :)
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

If I was in the San Diego office and wanted to meet and greet the devs I'd probably start out with, "Hey can I treat the team to a Friday night at Grub Burger Bar (or anywhere else) and maybe a quick tour before we go?"

Personally I'd try to get Ngreth drunk enough to go back to the office and add WAR to the class list for the knight-only 1H rune weapons.
    IblisTheMage and Robnie like this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Daybreak could go a long way towards streamlining the Dev "appreciation" process by posting Venmo accounts.
    Robnie and Tucoh like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Now that would be a video to remember.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would ask FadingX - the guy who did the videos recently with Holly and ask him how to go about it.
  8. Raccoo Augur

In the fan faire survey they put out a few months ago, they said they might have tours if it was held in San Diego.
  9. enclee Augur

EQ is old, but it’s not a museum. You should use your time to enjoy the rest of San Diego’s historical sites.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

In before Ngreth says “No”.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Couple things here...I think of Fading as more of a gaming journalist specializing in EverQuest (much the same way some sports journalists focus on a specific sport), producing his own show. He just happens to post it on YouTube.

Journalist requests for interviews and tours are often granted by businesses and corporations to garner PR points. There are specific rules for journalists and there can even be NDAs and contracts involved.

Not saying its impossible or even improbable. Just saying that in Fading's case, there was probably some journalistic nuance involved.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Agreed. We do have one or two interesting places to visit. On the other hand, your statement seems to imply that DBG HQ is a historical site.