The EverQuest Show - Interview with Holly Longdale

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

Nennius the 2 camera set up is common for interviews such as this. A 3 to 4 camera set up is better for adding depth to the interviews. I also had a gimbal for cell phones that allowed for some cut away shots (but you can tell they are not as high quality as the 2 Canon M50s I'm using.

Premiere Pro is the editing software. It is not beginner friendly, but if you're familiar with editing, it's what the pros use (Either that or Avid).

Video editing is not my profession directly, but it is career-adjacent.

DM me and I'll see if I can help.

Fading
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Sedden New Member

^ most red posts in a single thread ever
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Nniki Augur

Welcome to the better side of EQ. :D
  4. Grove Augur

A little catch, Holly. Aviaks are found in South Karana, not North Karana. But anyone can have a slip of the tongue.
  5. ttobey Developer

Most people here probably don't know me, I'm mostly on EQ2 but I started on EQ1 with Planes of Power and was there until Depths of Darkhollow. I have however a bunch of new characters going into this EQ1 expansion.
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Calico Vah Shir or bust!
    Tallie and ttobey like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any new chars you can tell us about? :D
  8. ttobey Developer

Probably not without making Absor angry. We don't like him when he's angry but I did add to a character that I animated in PoP. We had to totally remake the model and reanimate him the old files no longer exist. This is like the third time I have animated this one and he's really cool third time around!
  9. Nniki Augur

You mean he's not always a crusty, old man?
    ttobey likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Once beta starts you need to come back and tell us which you did and what was your fave. :)
    ttobey likes this.
  11. ttobey Developer

I talked to Fading about it, I'm not sure when that video goes live.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Welcome back to the One True Game. :) I certainly appreciate the work that goes things in EQ. No clue how to do it though, but it does fascinate me.
    ttobey likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

i was not aware you were a Parselmouth.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

:cool:
  15. FawnTemplar Augur

Is it a God whose name rhymes with Fallos Beck?
  16. LesserArchi Elder

Excellent work Fading.
    Hope to see more of the EQ shows.

Do you happened to plan on expanding your EQ show?

Perhaps getting recruits to help with the variety of tasks; game recording, editing, commenting, etc.
    Could be a great way to expand your show and at the same time helping EQ to better prosper.

I figure lots of people will be more interested in volunteering to help if they feel there are bigger picture for EQ show.
    Startup company comes to my mind if things go well for you.
    There's always people with money... I figure some of those people are playing this game.

Virtually everything will turn greater if they are backed by the devoted show.

Archi
  17. Fading Illusion Augur

I'm hoping in the next episode or the one after that. I'm hoping I can crank out the next episode within a week or two, potentially by the beginning of November.

Fading
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nniki like this.
  18. Fading Illusion Augur

I would LOVE additional content or assistance with the show. However, my requests for submissions or content have gone unfortunately unanswered.

What ways were you suggesting to expand the show?

Ultimately, I'd love content I can just plug in. Artist submissions, 30 sec to 1 min content, eq vids, player content, skits, animation etc.

Even editorials. The only issue I would have is it needs to be of a certain quality, and well packaged.

I'm very much open to ideas, so if anyone has some, please dm me!

Also, I'm in the Chicago area, so if there's anyone that would be nearby that would want to assist, I could always use help. Being a one man band limits some of the things I can do.

Fading
  19. Lisard Silly

just dont become a sell-out fading =P
    Cailen likes this.
  20. Laronk Augur

I know POP was a long time ago but have you guys ever considered backing up these files =)