Agents of Change for Live Servers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Frogmancer, Jan 22, 2018.

1. yosco Augur

I would second (or, since I think others have asked for official DBG input on this, third, fourth, or maybe fifth) these questions. I really agree with Morigaine's assertion that lately it's seemed as if TLP bs has been overflowing onto Live servers in negative ways. I get that's not the intention of DBG and you guys are trying to "fix" "problems" manifesting on TLP in ways that they either didn't on Live or ways that 99% of Live players will never experience because we're lightyears beyond that content. I do think, though, that AoCs should be added to live for the purposes of providing a meaningful way to do back flagging and allow players access to content that is STILL permacamped (I check Seru regularly and have seen Lord Seru up ONCE in the last six months) on live.

If Test has AoCs, and ALL the TLP servers have AoCs, why haven't they been pushed to Live?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

One thing most people who have never actually used an AoC might not know. Each AoC is on a 7 day timer, and your ENTIRE account on that server is locked to that timer. So you cant log in CharA clear Vex Thal, then log in CharB and clear Vex Thal. Its one instance, per week, per account on each AoC per server.

So those built in restrictions would limit the overall impact of AoC instances being spammed all day long.
    yosco likes this.
  3. dreamweaver Community Manager

I will talk to the dev team and see what info I can come back with.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They aren't breaking the play nice unofficial policy.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. yosco Augur

Thank you!!! That's the best news I've had all day.

Cheers

I will now go to a drag queen comedy show content in the knowledge that our concerns were heard!
  6. Laronk Augur

Also maybe they could require you to be "Gold" to request AOC missions
    Szilent, Briano, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  7. FubarEQ Journeyman

Make AoC raids gold only for live. There's no reason not to have them at this point. Permacampers are denying too many people the fun and nostalgia of doing old content. Not to mention quest items and flags.
    Yinla, Thunderkiks and Skuz like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As a TLP Player I can totally see the benefits to Live Servers having AoC enabled, at least for paying players as a nice perk. Hopefully this is something the Devs feel is beneficial to the game & which presents tolerable resource increases (server cycles etc).

Would be a bit of goodwill heading from TLP back to Live to offset some of the perceived negatives of the changes TLP players felt were needed on their servers that affected Live servers.
    yosco likes this.
  9. yosco Augur

After reading the first four words of your reply I was all ready to get agro... but you agreed with the Live players! Thanks, dude!

Any word from the devs?
  10. Ecko Elder

Will Miragul have AoC's??

I'm still not 100% sure if it's supposed to be classed as a TLP or a new live server. I think it leans more to TLP with the 3 month unlocks etc.
  11. Scorrpio Augur

AoCs being a subbed-only thing would be great. Right now, being able to get, say, my own CoA instance is awesome. Getting a 2.0 would be a nightmare otherwise. Make those instances require a full group if you have to. (Same as CoA)
    And I don't think this would trivialize Hunters. Those instances spawn with raid bosses up, not all rare names up. People would still have to camp PHs in order to get the names, AoC or no AoC.
    FubarEQ and Yinla like this.
  12. Scourch New Member

Any update on this so far? This would be really awesome if this could be put in place. I love that old content, and it would be a real shame to not have AoCs added to the live servers.

PS: When are we going to get a TLP starting at classic with Free Trade enabled like FVie?? ;) OMG, I would looooove the crap out of a free trade TLP with AoCs starting at classic. That would create a whole new feel of a server and economy being able to start a TLP with free trade and AoCs.
    Khiandri, Qucian and Darkenr like this.
  13. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Actually a darn good idea. I don't see a downside.
  14. mulila Elder

I would love to see the AOC on the live servers, getting some of my other toons flagged for planar progression is really hard.
    Funky, FubarEQ and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I would also love to see AoCs on Live. Not sure why that hasn't happened yet... it seems as if TLPs (and Test) have it, and it's considered a feature there, so why wouldn't we get it, as well? /picks went Live, so there's a precedent for it.

What's holding this up? I didn't see a single person outright disagree with moving AoCs to live... just make suggestions on how to best implement (gold accounts vs non-gold accounts to request, etc.).
    FubarEQ likes this.
  16. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Hi, good morning! In light of the other AoC thread .... I figured I'd bump this one, since it has substantially more discussion/content. Also, I was hoping that the community might get an update on what you found out regarding the AoC on Live servers question.

So far, I think everyone almost universally agrees it's a good idea, although there are people who are squabbling over semantics/implementation. I think this is a no-brainer positive contribution to Live servers... especially as I struggle to get a few toons PoP flagged for the artisan's prize. It's just asinine that a mob with a 3-5 day respawn that any joe schmo can walk up on and shwack in 2 seconds is required for current content best in slot gear.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Either give us an AoC or reduce the lockout timers.
  18. Funky Augur

that's not that big of a deal... ive spent days and weeks over the few months trying to catch some of the old world bosses up and have yet to ever see them up...

if i could only hit VT, SSra, ToV, etc etc, once per week, that's still 100x more than how many times ive seen any old world bosses up.
  19. Tucoh Augur

I know this is a silly idea, but it'd be fun if the Live Agent of Change boosted the mobs in the instances to be commensurate with the current or 1-2 expansions old group mobs (not raid mobs). Such that if you rolled into an AoC Vex Thall the mobs would be as tough as a Ring of Scale / EoK group instance.

Then again I'm a huge fan of Hardcore Heritage zones. Another related idea I had was to have a rolling HH zone six months every year that if you complete a hunter achievement on you got an upgrade to a significant aug or something. This was focused on answering the question of "How do you keep people subbed through the year?"
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Only if they update the gear they drop.
    Warpeace likes this.