Regarding the change to cover tracks for rangers..

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Greymantle, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Greymantle Augur

Would you (Dev Team) consider changing the 'fuel' that cover tracks (AA) uses from mana to endurance? This would be a big help for rangers in several ways. It reduces the consumption of mana issues currently experianced, and give a us a good use for our endurance. Our endurance is largely underutilized .
  2. Belkar_OotS Augur

I understand the motivation for making the request. However, this exact argument can be made for all of the mana using classes and would add usefulness to the endurance bar.

I think this exception to the standardization of the skill would be counter productive. I would rather ranger mana costs be improved next expansion, and more consideration given to giving rangers a much needed mana return.

The balance of this particular skill for what the developers seem to be aiming for has been met.

I would much rather improve the class based on its weakness, and not Hodge podge with areas that don't need changes and causes other issues.

I would say... Reducing the mana cost of the summers nuke by 20% and reducing the mana penalty on Scarlet Cheetah over the next several expansions would be a much better and needed change.
  3. Thraine Augur

they specifically made this change so that using fade takes resources, personally i think its far to much, my fade now costs over 20k mana, ill never use it again cause i cant think of any time i play that i have a extra 20k mana just laying around lol
  4. Moldar Augur

Same, I basically dropped this off my main bar and put it on the Bar that has 0 Keybinds for basically when im running around zones and need to drop aggro (i.e., looking for collectibles, etc).

IT still has uses if you need it, just now it is going to hurt your DPS if you do use it.

So far a few of my guild's tanks are not happy with me for "not controlling" my aggro, but I just post them the nerf and say thanks for the extra ripo damage dps.

Hh mr. cleric/druid/shaman... healz to me plz :D
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

Still not sure what the deal is here. I never have aggro issues and I never use Covertracks for that. Maybe if I am boxing my ranger with my mage and burning SC and doing the dot, I might get aggro. We do have aggro reducing things other than a fade and I use those. I have never grabbed aggro from a real tank that knew how to tank.

Rarely use Cover Tracks and I don't use it pulling. Take it off your hotbar and understand you don't have to be gimpy with a crutch to be a puller. :D

Come on Moldar, I have tanked for you and some of your guildies before on TBL missions on my SK and you never had to worry about aggro. :D
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have no issues with the change so far. I never used CT to pull to begin with because...why? As for raids, I have used it once in Stratos so far, but I don't raid every night so there that. Do some players really have to hit this button all the time causing them pain?