/pick situation after patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mags, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

I think this is actually a BETTER thing then people camping multiple pick's ..

Now if they want to be greed af .. like that an camp multiple camps ..

Now they ACTUALLY .. have to work on it. Rather then just picking over at same camp then moving on to another pick an another pick..

Good job Daybreak I like this one.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Why are you not posting this in the TLP forums ?

This is not a TLP forum..
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

My one question (for future progression servers) is: Did you increase the MPG player limit?

Cause it was AWFUL to zone out of a raid trial and have the raid splintered into different picks.

I know the workaround was to stay inside and /kickp task all but that shouldn't be needed.
  4. yosco Augur

#Fellowship
    #Campfire

Free, legit, warp with a 15 minute cooldown to your camp in different /picks.

I mean, I guess if you had enough toons to do that, you could also just simply setup two separate groups in two separate /picks and go to town... but its another way.

#CoTH
  5. Mags New Member

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying. I was merely hoping to give 'legitimate players' a way to mitigate this new mechanic.

While we are at it - it is not consistent. Sometimes you stay where you are (happenend in Velks and Kael) and sometimes you actually get moved to Succor point (happened in same zones, too).
  6. Dewey Augur

I'm cool with the change. I would just ask for the pick to not close up when numbers get low in zone.
    Smokezz and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

My point was as I said I like the new way.

Having people move from 1 pick to another .. but having to go to a new spot when you do /pick over to another pick

That will help ALOT of people who dont camp multiple picks .. And hinder greedy people who try to camp multiple pick's at once..

This is why I like it . I like it alot.
  8. Derd Augur

Picks have to have a closure method. If its not base zone the abuse would be rampant. Stress on instance server from one guild zoning in leaving one person in and chain spawning picks till the run out of numbers would be the practice for every server. Should pick collapse timer be longer, i think so.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Pretty much spot on.

All these changes and none of them are going for the culprit root cause.

3rd party programs that allow full automation + warping. Wicked easy to find might as just well incorporate these into the game and call it a day if they never plan to bother to fight the cheats anymore.
  10. Kirab Lorekeeper

I would hate it way more going back to old style camps on TLP's where every little smidgeon of a spawn in a dungeon like lower guk or unrest was a seperate camp. So you're waiting on a 28 min timer, for say 3 mobs in bedroom. cause bats, is another camp, and skeles is another, and spiders is another etc.

that's the way it was back in the day, and that's why leveling was so slow, there wasn't enough content for the player base. /pick gives us the content, it's not meant to be used as a warp drive to farm rare mobs over and over.
  11. xmPradah Not a dude

You realize this is a The VETERANS' Lounge, correct? It is not isolated to non-TLP discussions. The change applied to all servers... including progression.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Since there is a separate TLP forum many consider this the non TLP forum but I agree with you the issue affects both so no harm in it being discussed here. Probably better if its all in one place for the game devs.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Actually... the Veterens Lounge is for Live server discussions. The TLP forum is for TLP discussions.

Though in this case it's not a specific server issue, your issue is the same as it is on live.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Here's an idea. New item, casts an Eye of Zomm, but lasts as long as you want, but only castable at the zone line. You can then see for yourself if the camp is taken.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

The reason I brought it up was simply you brought up that on mangler.. y'all do not have campfires yet..

Do you guys not have mages who can coh by chance or wizards who can bind or druids .. Then port there ?
  16. xmPradah Not a dude

FWIW, The Veteran's Lounge is listed as a "Forum for general gameplay discussion."

Mangler is in Velious, so we do have CoTH. That would be our only option, really. How does binding even matter with this change?
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The /pick threshold in Stratos was so high, it may as well have been disabled when TBL came out. There were over 100 people in the only pick, iirc. Overcrowding is a very real issue in EQ.
    You are defining "content" as forcing players (entire raid forces?) to sit and wait mindlessly or to re-clear an entire zone just because of overcrowding. Your definition of "content" is vastly different from mine.
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

@Ngreth, I hope I didn't sound too negative there. I just read the announcement that the new expac's raids will not be locked behind key grinding and that made my day, week, month and possibly all next year look a lot brighter! Thanks :)
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

What do you think people on servers without pick do. Pick already gives a huge advantage over live servers by allowing more zones with the same content. Pick already gives you vastly more content, and yes some of it repetitive, than live. Live servers REALLY have to sit and wait for re-spawn, and don't have any other options, you do.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. enclee Augur

Thanks for proving rampant bot armies are a concern by the devs. Hopefully, that will settle down the crazies.