Tradeable expansion - lesson not learned?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghubuk, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Ghubuk Augur

Didn't we run into a very bad issue already in the past with tradeable expansions? As in, people bought them on stolen credit cards, traded them, then cancelled the purchase on the credit card. Do we really want to go through that scenario again?
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, the problem was Steam and currency conversions. A tradeable expansion or not is irrelevant to chargeback policies and procedures.

What happened before was the expansion cost like $6 to someone in some random country, they would buy it in that currency, then sell to people for $15 U.S. dollars or whatever.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Except that a chargeback cancels the expansion for the person that traded for it and not the person that did the chargeback.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And?

No different than krono. At all.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

Not true.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Dont get me wrong, not trying to be argumentative. Just hate to see a train wreck happen again.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Ok, believe what you want. *shrug*
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

Ok, lost, completely, perhaps it is english language which irritates...help, please...

What is EXACTLY meant with all that with tradeable account.
    What is meant with tradeable and usable for family?
    Is one order enough for all accounts?
    Is one order a 2-package for 2 accounts?
    Can somebody trade and it was not possible before?
    Is it an item which is tradable like Krono which once activated disappears and the account has the expansion?

I am totally lost here...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

And moreover:

Is a tradable Heroic Character Boost a kind of Krono which activates a Heroic Character?
  10. Mazame Augur

It is marketed towards family & friends, people with multi accounts. if your buying a trad-able exp from some one you don't know then you run that risk. it the same as if you buy a ticket to a concert from a non legit source. their are bad people out there. that doesn't mean that all the good people doing it the right way should be punished.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  11. Mazame Augur

You buy the bundle. and it has a item that you can trade in game to some one they then click the item it poofs and the account that clicked it now has the exp.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. yosco Augur

For like $100+ more than just buying the stupid expansion lol

No mention of receiving multiple expansion keys.... in fact, the way the announcement is worded it sounds like the tradeable stuff only comes with ONE account key, so not sure why it's so good for households with multiple players/accounts.
  13. Mazame Augur

We have added a new expansion bundle option you’ll see next week that is geared toward Family and Friends. In addition to getting all the items included with the Standard, Collector’s, and Premium editions, it also includes:
    • TRADABLE Standard Torment of Velious Expansion
    • TRADABLE versions of the Collector’s and Premium Edition mounts
    • TRADABLE heroic character boost

OK let me share how I read this you BUY the BUNDLE and you get all of the normal BONUS Stuff from all 3 levels. This is the ONE account Key your talking about.

In ADDITION to that you get 3 in game items that are trad-able.
    1st is a 2ND account key that is a copy of the Standard Torment of Velious Expansion
    2nd is a 2nd copy of the mounts from the Collector’s and Premium Edition
    3rd is a heroic character boost

These items are trad-able so for the extra money you spend buying the bundle you get 2 Account keys not one. So for people that don't care about more than the Standard pack for their alts this could be a better option for them.

The questions is what will the cost be ? to know if it will be worth buying the Bundle vs two of the other levels.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

15. CrazyLarth Augur

lol peeps need to make better friends if their acct are getting locked do to bad cards.
  16. yosco Augur

Your read of it makes sense. I still think for TWO expansion keys the price point would have to really come in at a reasonable level. I'm not confident it will, though, because DBG generally doesn't price things with discounts in mind AND the announcement clearly stated that it wasn't going to be cheap.
  17. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

As several people have pointed out ... these tradeables will not just cost $34.95. Daybreak is coupling them with addons like mounts and bags, which will drive the price point from $70 [cost of 2 expansions] to $99 or much more.

I dont see anyone rushing to do this since for one, you cant trade one of the two expansion you bought [you always have to eat one] and your second expansion will have an actual cost of "$70 to $xx" dollars. Sure there will be a few sold, but not any amount the Tens of Thousands of Kronos in the system right now floating around.
  18. yosco Augur

The highest level of expansion is already over $100. This will be more expensive than that, and it'll be more expensive by a lot more for all the reasons you state.
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I was editing my post as you were quoting mine so its slightly different. But I was only using the example of the basic version. I cant even take a guess how much Deluxe or Collectors versions will be but they will be very high.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Deluxe and Collectors will likely be the same price they have been in years past. The question is how much the Family Edition will be.