Gore-Splattered Shoulders Drop Rates

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thundersnake, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Thundersnake Elder

The Drop rate on Gore-Splattered Shoulders in Ashengate North Event: Lethar's Final Stand is way to low imo. I've probably just got really bad luck, but I've done this event almost 160 times and still no joy. Any Chance we can get a Dev to look at the drop rates, I know y'all are busy, but maybe sometime in the future? Today alone I've run it 6 times so far. Much love and appreciation for all your hard work. Sincerely, Thundersnake of Test.
  2. AcemoneyFV Augur

It's just RNG. I got a pair back to back and a friend who usually runs it with me got a pair after 5-6 clears.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Bad luck. I've been trying for months too. RNG gonna RNG.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Get off the garbage server and get back to Xegony, its karma.
  5. Jyve Augur

Second you get the drop, you'll see it drop everytime.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Done it reacently 5 times seen it drop 3 out of 5 once we had 2 drop, this was on AB server.

I got the first ones so as Jyve says once you get them they drop everytime. :)
    Jyve likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Do you still need to complete the pre-flagging requirements to request the Ashengate North raid?
  8. AcemoneyFV Augur

Yes, you need pre-requirements to request almost all raids in game besides a select few.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I only play on Xegony. When I do manage to play, at least.
  10. yosco Augur

Meanwhile, I've been taking down at least 3 VoA raids as soon as the timers are up for months trying to score the guild trophies.... and have yet to see a single one.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Looks like players confirmed it's dropping.

It looks to be 10% on two version of Lethar, (I did NOT make a deep dive, only shallow,,, its on a table that ends in "Lethar1" and another then ends in "Lethar2" Without a deep dive, I don;t know what these tables mean.)
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Lethar drops 4 things each kill. First two are items, the second two are molds (BP and/or legs). There are 10 possible items it can drop (46931-46940 to be precise), so a 10% drop chance makes sense with the first item being "Lethar1" table and second "Lethar2" table.

(I'm currently working on TSS guide, so it is fresh in my head)
    Sumonerr_Tunare, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  13. -xeus- New Member

we are almost through the expansion on ragefire and haven't seen a few items. Some have dropped once.. pretty rare
  14. Theka Elder

our 2nd last run we got 2 to drop and our last run we had 1 drop so they def drop and we are pretty lucky
  15. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

As an FYI, non-boss fights in Ashengate/Frostcrypt have different loot tables for items 1 and 2. They have 8 possible drops (A-H), the first loot is (A,B,C,D,E,F) and the second is (A,B,C,D,G,H). This results in half the loot table being common and half rare. For example, Fridleif, the shaman shoulders, monk shoulders, bard lute, and one other (not sure which) are the E-H single table items. The others are A-D and be doubled.
  16. Thancra Loladin

Dropping like candy for me so drop rate is fine, you're just unlucky.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Some things you have to remember is that when that expansion originally released the period of time during which that raid content would have been done is considerably longer than what you have before the next expansion comes out. Even with the increased number of attempts you and others have to attempt it, there are going to be items which don't drop but a few times before the next expansion releases.
  18. john5 Lorekeeper

Can confirm, I didn't remember this item until seeing this thread. I went and flagged 6 characters to request the raid. Then split up those 6 into teams with 1 or 2 helper dps and filler alts to request multiple raids (one at a time, obviously).

I got 4x Gore-Splattered Shoulders out of 6 runs (and 2x Trumpet of the Dragon Goddess from the first Lethar, too).
    Thancra likes this.
  19. Kontra Augur

I have killed Lethar event north of 50 times and have also never had them drop for my monk. Just bad luck.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The Shoulders from Lethar and Collar from Beltron have always been hit or miss for me but not crazy rare. I had better luck with the shoulders from Lethar than the Collar overall. I just did a Beltron run for the first time today in a long time and he dropped Collar first try!! It's just the RNG which can suck on raid timers, I've definitely gone long stretches without a drop.
    Thunderkiks likes this.