Warriors Beyond TBL

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xorsazis, Jun 19, 2019.

1. p2aa Augur

1 new AE aggro AA / disc would not be enough, we need at least 2 new AE aggro AA / disc, with fast reuse time ( < 1 min)
  2. Tucoh Augur

I want a new AA that gives us a force-based teleport, like Furious Leap is for the next day or so.
  3. Lianeb Augur

I vote they rename Furious Leap to Bunny Rabbit Shuffle.....it is no longer Furious nor a leap
    Koryu likes this.
  4. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I think I'd like it if you guys got an ability that worked similar to the aggro on the Paladin valiant line - no heal but just the aggro part. Rather than a true AE by area give you guys something that worked based off of the hatelists of mobs that you are currently on. Honestly, kind of tired of dealing with you guys grabbing everything, friend or foe, around you when you have to use AE aggro but have no reason to fight the friendlies.
  5. Brohg Augur

eh, fine with that being a paladin strength.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I don't know that we need yet another AE. Reduce the reuse on XXX Blades.
    Single target could use a bump. Totally agree with that.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I'd really like to see this.
    Even going back to way back, warriors started with more magic resistance than other classes.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

But you seem so furious about it … so ...
  9. p2aa Augur

We need AE aggro abilities that grab aggro right from start, not once aggro is yet set. We have only one ability on a 45 sec refresh time with no hate over time that does this. We have another one on a 5 min refresh timer, which is too long refresh.

When grouped with high skilled DPS classes in group content, we suffer to not have our AE disc refreshed on the next wave or even next 2 waves. Having to target each mob and apply single target aggro is not a solution .Unless you make the XXX blade line a 10 sec refresh ability, we need another AE aggro ability.
  10. Lianeb Augur

I can’t think of any of the tank classes that wouldn’t want more AE Agro, but I also think using the word “need” is a bit much. If your in a high skilled dps group I would hope they know how to assist, and if they are doing AE damage our timers are fine.

What a warrior “needs” is a boost to initial Agro, you know for that first 10-15s on a raid mob, after that it’s easy sailing.

We also “need” to be less healing intensive in the group game, but I don’t know how you could possibly translate that to the raid environment, without destroying other classes ability to survive. Currently in game if a tank isn’t in danger of getting rounded, then a Knight tank is a more efficient/utility choice for a raid mainly due to self healing and raid overhealing. We know mitigation is not the answer to that, but have no idea what that would look like.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Making the knight rune 1H (ex https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=160642 ) usable by warriors would make us less healing intensive in the group game, wouldn't translate all that much to the raid game, and would improve our AE aggro.

ngreth plz
    Koryu likes this.
  12. Lianeb Augur

Would be interesting if they could increase initial witness hate for warriors.

NPCs be like “oh dam there’s a warrior in this group let’s get him”

Wouldn’t even have to big Agro maybe like 5-10k overrate as an aura or something. Can call it “aura of hatred” and only applies once to a mob
  13. p2aa Augur

The timers aren't fine. Mobs die before the disc is back up (40 sec), and you have no way to AE aggro grab mobs on you on the next wave. Also if the warrior is the MA, then when you need to single target the other mobs to apply single target aggro, it mess the MA. The only other good AE aggro grabber we have, Area Taunt, is 5 min refresh, it's too long timer.

The initial aggro is fine if you use an aggro mod, the only way to loose aggro right from start is if a SK use harm touch in the first 10 sec.
  14. Lianeb Augur

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    I guess if you are only using 2 of the tools given to you for AE Agro you can have issues. And if you are not fending off monks and beastlord and zerkers (sometimes) on initial Agro on raid mobs, you’re doing it right, or they are not.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

Would be cool if warriors got an aa that procced off maybe taunt or something like that, that could make a good sized rune, help with survival and ae agro. Another AA that warriors could toggle to a spell rune or physical rune, that way they could pick what is best for the situation.
  16. Koryu Professional Roadkill

To translate additional durability without affecting mitigation, you could look at significantly higher intensity regen. The regen component of Warlord's Resurgence has been talked about before. I never use it for its regen, and might use it once a week for the healing component. It's basically a useless button. Convert Warlord's Resurgence into a huge passive regen. Giving it a x20 strength would bring the regen to 9K HP per 6 seconds, which is still nothing when group trash mobs currently hit for 30K up to four times every 2 seconds. And we have an expansion around the corner that will be bumping mob damage up even further. Since the regen would be passive instead of spell-based, you would be looking at a more consistent and controlled rate of healing since it won't be affected by focus effects or have a chance for exceptional heals.

Regarding AE aggro, I agree would could use another tool that is specifically under our control and preferably does not do damage. What we have now is Dragonstrike Blades (no target limit, does damage, 45s reuse), Roar of Challenge (max targets checked is 5, no damage, very low aggro and further upgrades to the line are single target, 60s reuse), Wade Into Battle (no target limit, no damage, but 40 melee counter limit, not controlled by the Warrior, 5m reuse), and Concordant Expanse (no target limit, no damage, but not controlled by the Warrior, 5m reuse). Four tools sounds like a lot, but only two are on-demand activated by the Warrior and only one of those generates non-negligable aggro. The other tools are so short-ranged that they are only good for maintaining aggro on mobs you already have control over, not for trying to gain control over new mobs. Everything the Warrior does for aggro gen requires target-switching at close range.

What may be part of the problem with initial aggro generation on raid bosses is the fact that Blast of Anger did not get its regular update with the last level-raising expansion. There should have been an upgrade to a new max of 50K aggro, keeping the ~315% ratio with the Insult line. At my currently predicted aggro values for abilities in the next expansion, SKU-26's New Slander could max out at 23.8K aggro, which means Blast of Anger will need a new rank worth 75K aggro to maintain that 315%. For reference, our version of BoA currently does 36K.

Updating Mark of the Mage Hunter to include DoT shielding would be really nice. Brace for Impact probably needs additional hit counters since mob strikethrough has continued to ramp up.

I'd also like to see an upgrade to our Champion's Aura, which hasn't seen anything new since its introduction in Prophecy of Ro. I think devs kinda-sorta provided that with the Field Champion line, so they wouldn't really be looking for giving us more AC. To provide another direction, I think of Warriors as combat leaders that inspire others. I remember when Rallying Call was introduced, I looked at that ability and thought it would have been suited to the Warrior class. An aura that provides resource regen would fit this theme, and would be flexible with any group type. If you don't like that, then maybe a low-level threshold rune like the Wurmslayer Aura. The stacking of that rune wouldn't provide any real benefit to the Warrior (further unbalancing mitigation), but could still be useful to the group.
  17. p2aa Augur

Koryu summed up the AE aggro options. The third AE aggro grabber tool (after Dragonstrike Blade and Area Taunt) is Roar of challenge, which with it's 1-2 k hate, is kinda useless honestly.
    Wade Into Battle (nerfed massively to produce 3-4 k hate now per proc) with a refresh time of 5 min, and Concordant expanse (2k-3 k hate) don't grab aggro on new mobs (as Koryu said it), and also are low hate maintainer tbh with the value it has, but it can hold probably the job of keeping AE aggro of DPS that don't actively DPS the other targets not current single target aggroed by the warrior.
    Basically, the only meaningful and fast reuse AE aggro grabber option is the Blade line, which is far too long reuse at 45 sec.
    We can also every 2 min produce massive AE aggro on one wave if we add an aggro % increase mod (like Rage of the Forsaken), but it's not permanent.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Rune doesn't help much at all with healing. Sure, it all helps, but it doesn't help much.

The AE aggro from it is very welcome though.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Taunt should be used to take aggro. Ideally we should not be spamming it.
    Building other ability's on top of it so we are required to mash it means it's down when we actually need it for it's original purpose.
  20. Brohg Augur

Spamming taunt is already a highly functional way for warriors to build agro on a single target, as we already have other abilities that build on top of it. If you're not already taking advantage of those, then there'd be no "requirement" for you to use it should further abilities expand in that space.
    sojero likes this.