GM Events

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP_Mage, Oct 17, 2019.

1. TLP_Mage New Member

What's the point of a GM event where you need to collect 3 different eyes and a set of toes, if the dumb GM will just vanish before you get back. I had to go to multiple zones to acquire the dumb items, just to get back and have the dumb a$$ GM be gone.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Maybe a bot that warps beat you to the punch.
  3. TLP_Mage New Member

You know what a GM event is bud?
  4. Xanathol Augur

Bashing the few guide events that do happen are great ways to get more of them... :rolleyes:
    Nolrog, Aegir and Krezzy like this.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Friend did the event.... I don't know if it was multiple GM's or guides
    Guess you were too slow.

May I suggest bard speed or faster methods. :p
    Meridian likes this.
  6. Meridian Augur

Pay for a port next time.
  7. haaaalp Augur

you only have so long until they log. they even say this. next time don't take forever to get the items. you only have yourself to blame.
  8. Krezzy Augur

I'm kind of stoked that these are still a thing.
  9. Imukai Augur

The bird was there for a couple hours. And at the zone line to lesser fay. You missed out on a DE illusion potion, an imp illusion potion, and a weapon ornament that looks like a common Luclin-era sword. I made sure to thank them for coming to the TLPs to do events, even if they weren't very well received.
  10. TLP_Mage New Member

im a druid, i went to the gm after the emote, found out the items i needed, and immediately ported to gather. was not there for 2 hours stop with the B S. Also, hard to get the various eyes when competing against other max level toons over 4 rats level 2
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

So everytime I've seen those events they advertise that the event won't be there for long, and they even say like an hour or less. So if you took 2 hours you were both slow and probably negligent.

If it's like the GM events I've seen on Selo and Agnarr, it's usually kill some trivial mobs for common drops and takes 30 minutes if you're casual about it.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

To the GM's credit, I have even messaged one before asking them if they could stay for 5 more minutes since I knew I was about to finish and they announced they were leaving soon. They responded to me and actually waited.

Note, I did NOT call them a dumb a$$ at any point, however.
  13. Machen New Member

What HoodenShuklak said ^^

Keep in mind these are volunteers who may have other things they need to get to, as well. They can't stay there forever waiting for people to finish, because they may need to log off and go to their RL job. Or log off to log in to their own character to attend raids. Or log off to go have dinner with the family. Or whatever it may be. They are players just like us, they aren't getting paid to sit there and wait 10 hours for everyone to finish this. Be thankful there is anyone doing this stuff at all.
  14. Meridian Augur

If you're a druid, you have no one to blame but yourself.
  15. The Hoon New Member

Why are these called GM events, if they are ran by Guides and not GMs?
  16. Machen New Member

Language that's stuck since ~1999 when they were actually run by GM's.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just propaganda put out by the man to keep you silenced.
  18. Laronk Augur

Yeah. i've done them a few times in the past year. The rewards are often ornamentations
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There seems to be some servers that get left out of Guide Events while others get a nice amount. You can check in the Guide Heading in these forums for when they "might" happen on your server.

I Have had one guide not stay around long enough for me to finish the task - and I was 1 of 4 people who showed upo_O When I questioned the next guide how long he would be there before I started the event - he told me the guides should allow 30 minutes for the task.

Keep in mind they are doing these on their own time. And while you may think you can do better - its not easy being a guide since everyone brings their complaints to you once they see you on. Guides no longer have 1/10 the power they used to so its really a waste of time to complain to them or ask them to fix something.

I have 2 houses full of illusion potions and weapon ornaments. They sometimes will give a few loyalty tokens. And a medium size bag (10 slot? or 14 slot?) but it all depends on what they have to hand out.