Best slots for raid currency?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

So I was spending some raid currency and it got me thinking. What slots do you find to be the best to spend raid currency to save DKP?

I ended up going with a secondary because it seems like caster shields never drop. Meanwhile, because of chase items, boots and hands rot. Weapons for any archtype and wrists go pretty cheap in every expansion. Chest slots seem to be the priciest of the visibles.

So what slots always seem to be the most expensive. What are the best places to spend currency to save some DKP?
  2. Raccoo Augur

Bags! More slots!
    But depending on what class, muhbis for a critical weapon/shield or for the chest.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Another way to word this question would be...

Which slots in your guild tend to cost the most DKP (low drop rates).

Which slots in your guild tend to cost the least DKP (high drop rates).
  4. ptah Augur

which expansion? I assume tbl due the evol items note.
    Few different ways to looks at it.
    1, just replace weakest item currently with the upgrade. very simple
    2, 2 save all that raid coin.. and plan mubhis shop with vender when your tearm unlocks it from the vender.. 276 if I recall correct.
    3. Review your key focus.. and chase them important focus upgrades.
    4. Draw a flowchart reviewing your teams speed of wins, packrat DKP, and dream for next expansion gears.

Honestly is so situational to player, his or her raid attendance, what team can or cant do etc.
    ie a pet class my view that pet focus that must important thing ever, or tank chases that shield, dps weapons or bp click, healer values that focus.

I personally do mix strat of all of the above.. and most of time a bit of cheap .
    Example, im a bard
    I went primary weapon mubhis, bp mubhis, and picked up cheap viel vis on bracers, I used coin for vieled Helm due still using a EoK raid helm. I now have coin for mubhis and plan go either arms and legs, then belt, ears/rings.. I go back and forth on charm. vp is good enough atm.

All four evol items.

Yes my secondary weapon mubhis would an upgrade.. but im cheap.. i continue use vp raid mod weap for awhile.

*****If had it do over again i value non vis LUCK stat stuff a bit more that I did. Either GMM or Mubhis non vis is fine. I still really don't understand luck stat beside more is better. Yea base 10 for each level but what math equation for luck.. ie does 33 luck eqate to 3% chance to twincast? I love get into the lab and data mine some stuff.

And if that theory luck number base equals % to chance lucky crit, twincast parry etc.. does in fact all that stack with eyes? innate % to twincast.. man the data would a lovely read and most study.

Before or after I got off topic. I see the non vis stuff going the most, GMM stuff, then Mubhis is equal to or 95% of unit bid. Raw weapons, healer primarys, the mega common 2Handers very cheap, and rogue weapons already rot.

so cliffnotes. Make a plan for your situation based on you and your team. Review it x3. And just go for it. How often you get wins weekly and your attendence is important.. ie if got it all on farm for 3 months.. vs we get 2 wins a week and gmm is iffy.. these things change outlooks. Put the work in and study.. if like it or value it. Get it. move forward. Have fun.
  5. svann Augur

If you can craft or know someone, the crafted charm is bis. No charm drops in gmm raids.
  6. Windance Augur

We have fixed prices for pieces. Weapons tend to rot/alt because most want best in slot from muhbis.

As far as min/max gear strategy. I use a spreed sheet that lists out my gear vs the possible upgrades and calculates delta values for AC, HP, hDex, hStam to get how much each piece of gear would improve my character. Then I take the expected gains and divide by the DKP cost and the RAID COIN cost from the vendor to see which gives me the best improvements.

With that said I tend to buy cheaper items and/or those that just don't seem to drop for us when i have the cash and its 'next' on the list.

I takes a lot of up front work but raid gear is very rare and in TBL we're only going to have 3-6 pieces available before the next expansion.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Chest
    Arms
    Legs
    Wrist1
    Wrist 2
    Helm
    Charm
    1h primary
    1h secondary (I believe, I'm not a dual wielder so someone confirm)
    2h primary
    Bow range (for tanks, not sure on rangers)
    Shield
    Ear1 (tanks or anyone wanting ac)

GMM has best in slot for:

Neck
    Back
    Belt
    Face
    Range (non-tank/ranger)
    Ear2 (except tanks)
    Ring1

Evolving has best in slot for:

Ring2
    Shoulders
    Hands
    Boots

Regular gear drops:

Ear2 (tanks or anyone wanting ac)
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yeah so what are those items or slots you have found over the years that always seem like they never want to drop, and when they do there is a line of people wanting it.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The crafted visables are always a good choice
  10. Warpeace Augur

I doubt there is a clear answer to be had. Each guild sees loot drop differently. Some server raid guilds have reported an item as either exceedingly rare or not dropped while others its a fairly common drop. Range sucks. If the item is that important and a crafted item will not do then thats the item you buy.
  11. Karhar Dream Crusher

Muhbis, muhbis, muhbis
  12. Bigstomp Augur

1: Totally varies by expansion.

TBL: Muhbis

Last few expansions - tank ears/rings/backs/necks/shoulders (shoulders are an exception and not really desired in TBL due to evolving items)
    (All other stats are close, so choosing the AC/Tank gear unless you need to pick a focus seems to be a preference - much to the chagrin of tanks)

Warrior weapons have been very rare this expansion for us.
    Prior two expansions they were pretty common.
    In CoTF way back even our casual raids couldn't give them away in general.

In EoK, the monk/bst weapon from droga rotted a ton (even alts of the casual raids didn't want it)

GOTO: 1
    Vumad likes this.
  13. Moege Augur

Torment of Velious is going to be an interesting case study.

4 slots that should not need upgrading yet the items should still be available for those that do not want to do the evolving. My crystal ball shows a lot of complaints if these 4 drop from early raids.
  14. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Mind sharing that? Sounds interesting and possibly over-complicated, which means I'm curious.
  15. Windance Augur

In theory I would love to share it. In practice I don't want to 'support' it as a tool and since I'm likely the only one who could get it to work and understand the results, no .
  16. ptah Augur

I 100% support windance on not sharing his work. Not fearing the sharing part, more so his work is his work, and his varibles are set to his values. Example my differ, and he don't want to support, ie example why this or that is as. The topic is subjective to user its nuts.

I suppose if multi variable equation outlining stats as a given was done.. then maybe something could be posted. If we combine magelo and the caster dps tool.. modify and define each class mods.. you have a start. This task would take effort and a real passion. MEGA CALL OUT FOR SUPER NERDS.

So to conflict my above statement, Yes as a player I love see it, but I don't have skill, brain, or energy to do it. Yes I have several whilte boards and yes I will tinker with a equation if strikes me on patch day if I don't have anything better to do.

I would just accept magelo rankings and leech the values off there data. The compare highlights different stats YOU the user toggle via importance to YOU.

Im 100% I confused myself and hope people can somewhat understand what I have attempted to convey. Adventure well. #Moreisbetter#Dowhatfeelsgood
  17. yosco Augur

It's worth saying that "it depends."

For example, as a ranger, you're probably looking to maximize heroic dex and spell damage while maintaining your expansion-relevant focii. Some tier 1 TBL visibles actually have more heroic dex than their equivalent muhbis pieces, and therefore, are superior (to a ranger). I don't care as much about some AC or HPs... the tier 1 raid equipment in TBL is still pretty nice.

I would recommend looking for rules like that for you to consider. What ACTUALLY matters to you and your toon's performance?
  18. Karhar Dream Crusher

Surviving, if you're dead what good is that extra mana or other things.
  19. yosco Augur

The difference in survivability for a class that isn't supposed to be hit (tanking) between TBL raid gear from tier 1 armor drops and TBL TS raid gear made from muhbis is negligible. When you consider that, you fall back on what allows the raid to get the event finished faster.... and it's DPS. For a ranger (and any other melee or non-tank hybrid character, I'd argue) that means stacking as much hdex as possible to go along with your raid gear.
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

lets face it there are a lot of Variables.

Guild loot rules and where you are on the Loot DKP list, What expansion loot items and the raid costs. (TBL new Luck item) On raids you know what LUCK value is from the Drop but using Raid coin you don't.

I am high DKP so for me I buy Raid coin non- Luck items 1st
    and Luck items using DKP.
    For me Muhbis are not unlocked but that does not mean I don't have a list of what items I want to be Muhbis using raid coin.

if low DPK I would of gotten the Raid charm 1st with COIN so I can start adding the slot 22 Luck items.
    Vumad likes this.