Agents of Change for Live Servers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Frogmancer, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Kuaamil Elder

Artisan's Prize requires full elemental flagging. There is no other aug that comes close to this item in power and requires the full Aid Grimel line of quests to complete, which requires full elemental flagging.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  2. KarmaKitty Augur

Yes, this would allow me to finish some of those pesky achievements.
    Cailen likes this.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

I am a live player paying for 3 accounts. I got no desire to go anywhere close to the TLP cesspool.
    Raccoo and Cailen like this.
  4. Cailen Augur

I pay for 4 accounts on live and play no free accounts so stop with that feeble argument all you tlp clowns think we all play for free on live
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Raccoo and Smokezz like this.
  5. Cailen Augur

also they cant just nerf TLP's for being jackwagons and not live...…. but they can give TLP AoC's but not live #WTF
    yosco likes this.
  6. FawnTemplar Augur

Are you really implying that the players on live are all free to play?
  7. Morigaine Elder

As a returning player who recently had to flag a new toon on PoP progression for artisans prize, I can honestly say it almost made me quit again. It took a couple of months to catch all of the spawns. This involved estimating spawn times, setting alarms, waking up early, etc. It was not uncommon to have people killing the mobs during efforts for hunter completions (despite them not being part of hunter). The old days of mob competition were fine when it was a few guilds competing for a target. When probably 95% of the server population can destroy the targets solo on a whim, it is a broken mechanic. The technology and coding for AoC exists now and there is really no reason it should not be implemented for the legacy expansions on live servers.

Also as someone else mentioned, please stop designing bottlenecked requirements for current content. If there is a Coldain ring that requires evolution through Velious conquest (or slayer) in the next expansion, it will be a cluster with people perma camping Velks, Kael, etc.

I truly enjoy the current content and appreciate the old content as a fun diversion. As a competitive requirement, it kills my desire to play.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Laronk like this.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Oh... another TLP'er that thinks everyone on live plays for free. Most don't. I pay for 5. How many do you pay for?
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

4, and I have AoC's. Come join me.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Not even a remote chance in hell.
  11. Baldur Augur

Phinny and Selos will both be live servers in about 2 years.

At that point the attraction for new players to start on those servers instead of other non free-trade live servers for AoCs would affect incoming new population I would assume.

And if Selos keeps their increased exp rate that will attract a lot of people as well.

I guess if they don't go FTP when they catch up to live that might discourage some people.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Right here is the biggest example of one person denying content to thousands of others and showing an unwillingness to share rot drops in fear me might lose the content hes been denying others for months on one server. Either this person should be banned for not adhering to the Play Nice Policies or AoC's will ensure that one person can not deny content to thousands due to his inability to play within the rules of decency.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Calling for someone to be banned is a violation of forum rules and should result in a suspension.
    Kaenneth, Funky and Moldar like this.
  14. Laronk Augur

My main problem with it and why I haven't done it, I don't want to spend hours hunting grey mobs
  15. yosco Augur

The PNP says nothing about giving away rotting loot.

I pay for six on Live. You couldn't get me to dip my toe in the cesspool that is TLP even if you offered to pay for 12 accounts for an entire year.

I would, however, take the AoCs on Live that TLPs get and don't seem to appreciate but also don't seem to want to share.

Aw, typical TLPer... running to the GMs... Aren't you calling for a suspension here, as well? Seems a bit ironic.
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

This conversation is one that is that I would rather not shut down, let's be cautious in calling for bans and suspensions. Or directly attacking each other.
    Funky and yosco like this.
  17. Briano Journeyman

That is rough. :D
  18. Morigaine Elder

Dreamweaver - since you have responded would it be possible to answer a couple of questions or maybe request dev input?

1) Has this been discussed and is it something the devs are considering?
    2) Are there really bandwidth or technical limitations associated with this?

Players on live servers have felt a few nerfs in recent months as a result of TLP shenanigans. The speculation is that this wouldn’t really add that many instances at a given time. I’m sure lots would knock out their planar progression, their conquest/hunter achieves, and probably farm VT weekly for some items but overall I’d be surprised if there would be anywhere near the number of instances relative to GMM type current content farming.

Dev feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Mazame likes this.
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Test has AOC's so they can Test TLP AoC changes before they push them Live. The server also has a relatively active playerbase. It would be a decent sample to see how AoC's on Test are created and extrapolate that to the Live Server populations. As previously said, I would imagine GMM instances are a significant number of instances created per server.
  20. Barbwarrior Augur

why would they want to do anything to help live servers