Can we get an upgrade to extraplanar trade satchel?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Fian Augur

I imagine that when it was released, a 32 slot bag was the largest in the game, however after completing hunter ach for several expansions, it is now by far the smallest bag that I use. The tradeskill item only feature of it helps to automatically sort the loot that you receive, so I do prefer to keep it, but it would be nice if they gave an upgrade for it. Maybe a 44 slot bag that is player created, and maybe a 60 slot bag that is the result of something like a hunter ach?
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  2. Horyuken Augur

Thunderkiks likes this.
  3. Fian Augur

I can't watch a video at the moment, what does it say?
  4. Tucoh Augur

It says that the size of the characters on the database are so large that the people responsible for managing it get upset whenever that size increases due to larger bags or more bank slots.
  5. Laronk Augur

But the bigger bag exists already, right now the only benefit at high level of the tradeskill satchels is that it auto sorts the loot for you.

Really though a storage change I'd rather is a Do Not Sell checkbox on items so when I go sell bags full of stuff I don't accidentally sell my invis potions
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

A "sell all loot that's only worth cash" option would be amazing too, though perhaps not worth the time to implement.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Perhaps they just want you to buy the 40-slot tradeskill bags from the marketplace if you are a fan of the feature? That bag has occasionally not been available though. There is a single 40-slot tradeskill bag from an achievement as well ( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=114665 ), which is what I use personally.

I agree with your desire to see a bigger tradeskill bag, but that 32 slotter was the biggest at a time when tradeskill bits didn't stack to 1000 like they mostly do now (if they stacked that high then, I suspect we may not have seen a 32 slot tradeskill bag).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Larger bags, slower zone times :)
  9. Laronk Augur

I'd like that button too, the people who use the magic sauce can sell what they want from their bags so we should be able to have it for us too.

Really I'd like to see EQ have addons like wow, then we could solve a lot of these little problems ourselves
  10. Mazame Augur

When it was made the TS items only stacked to 20. they now stack to 1000. what used to hold 640 now hold 32000.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

While this is nice, I’d prefer a filtering system we can customize. When items are autolooted (right click or always need/greed), you can set for example:

IF item has Tradeskill flag, go into bags 1>2>3
    IF item has Quest flag, go into bag 10
    IF item has a no drop flag, go into bags 8>9
    IF item has Collectible flag, go into bag 5,6
    IF item is a wearable item (IE Bandolier, clicky, Belt, etc), go into bag 4

Ability to set flag priority, for example: Wearable > Tradeskill > Collectible > Quest > No Drop. IE if an item has multiple of these flags, use the filters in this order and only move on to the next filter in this order if a bag is full. IE if I loot a wearable weapon with a quest flag, check filter for wearable and try to place the item in bag 4. If bag 4 is full, then go to the filter for quest flag, and place in bag 10.

This is what I’d dream to be the case as inventories fill up with hundreds of clickies, consumable potions and reagents, Tradeskill items, quest items, collectibles, etc.
    Laronk and Zamiam like this.
  12. kizant Augur

They need to cut the available bag slots in 1/2. The number we can have today is completely out of hand.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

I have suggested a new version of the extra planar trade satchel that holds anything but is bank only. The trade satchel has been a huge quality of life improvement. It would be nice to have more options, and I think making it hold anything but bank only is a good way to add a new item to the game.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  14. AcemoneyFV Augur

You can get 1 40 slot bag for TS only items from RoF or CoTF iirc, Hunter achievements.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Feel free to only use small bags if that's what you want.
    Some of us like having the larger bags.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, because running scripts like that every time you loot something would have absolutely no effect on the servers....
  17. KarmaKitty Augur

We have "usable/wearable", Quest, Trade skill, Collectible and Cash drops (not coins). t would be nice
    if they could clean up all those Cash drops in some way. Now, I know not everything has pockets, but
    having a bag full of flotsam and body parts is a drag when that have no use other than vendor fodder.

At least with the bigger bags, there is less micromanaging on what to keep before hitting the vendor.
    Having the vet reward pocket vendor is a big help. Keeps one in the kill zone longer :D

Not that I help things by running around with a big bag full of trade skill trophies, containers and tools. Another full of future armor, weapons and spells. Another full of food, drink, clickies and potions...
    Ha! I normally walk around with so much crap, it would have overflowed my bank 10 or so years ago :p
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think his point is when the big bags were first introduced the largest "Normal Bag" that could hold any type of item was 32 slots. The Original TS Only bag that was released at the same time could hold 40 slots. Now we have "Normal Bags" with 44 slots but the biggest TS Only bag is still only 40 slots. if we use the same ratio as the original versions (25% more slots for TS bag) we should have a 55 slot TS bag. The fact that TS items stack to 1000 now is irrelevant since you can stack those in the larger bags already.
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

That is precisely why it is relevant. Tradeskillers were given the "hoarder" acknowledgment, making the tradeskill bags larger than all easily acquirable bags to enable said hoarding.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges a bit though. The 32-slot bag for tradeskills was easily made with common drops, and the comparably tradeskill-made regular bag topped out at 20 slots. There were larger bags from achievements (only up to 20 slots) or 20-32 slot bags ultra-rare from nameds (which still carry forward today . . . though those have not increased in size as far as the global bag drops are concerned, either). You're inserting the marketplace bags into the argument (which were larger to entice sales, presumably) when what is being asked for are tradeskill-made bags and/or achievement-awarded bags.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The dropped bags have increased to 40+ slot as well, although lore and 1 per expansion. And yes I was using the marketplace bags as an example as those were the biggest bags at release even if they were bought instead of in-game items. Using your TS example it shows an even bigger gap between the TS bags and Normal bags. I think the original TS made Normal bags were only 14 slots compared to the 32 slot TS Only bag, which further shows the precedent for TS Only bags having a larger capacity than Normal bags.

The point is normal bags have been growing in size ever since they were released but the TS Only bags have not seen an increase since they were released how many years ago?
    Yinla likes this.