Mangler Low Level Pop & Exp Question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dotty2Hotty, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Dotty2Hotty New Member

Hi Gang. Hopefully a quick question I could not find an answer on in the search.

1) How's the low level population? A friend and I are looking to sub and start here for some nostalgia. Will we have issues finding low level groups?
    2) How's the pet exp managed? I can't recall if you have to do more damage than your pet to get the full exp? Can some kind adventurer please confirm one way or the other?

Thank you!
  2. Machen New Member

No idea on the low level population on Mangler, but pets no longer take any exp under any circumstances.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You'll have a harder time 1 to 10
    On /lfg right now (10pm MT) there are less than 10 folks sub 25 looking with that tool

If you start the groups I'm sure your odds will increase.
    I usually play low levels on weekends and it's quite a bit of folks below level 40 if you are active.

Good luck.
  4. Kukaw Augur

It is a little on the light-side for low levels, but not completely absent. I started an SK this last weekend, and in Nek there were usually 10 - 15 toons running around zone.
    If I get on during the week it is in the morning, so it's not exactly peak times, but there usually seems to be toons in most zones.
    Plus in about a month (I know it's kind of far out) from now SoL will be released and that brings with it a new race, class, and one of the best newbie leveling grounds--Paludal Caverns.
    So maybe play around with a few combinations between you and your partner, and when SoL comes out y'all will be Balls-To-The-Wall!
  5. Qalliel Lorekeeper

Also Take into account that there is bonus exp happening at the moment so people may be maxing out chars at the higher lvls or sadly pling with their druid box when low lvl to by pass first 20 some lvls
  6. Midnitewolf Augur

I am not on Mangler but from playing on two other TLPs now, I would say, not counting on being able to get a group is the smart plan.

Since it will be you and a friend, it will be easier because you kind of have a pre-made group. In general, I have found that people don't seem to want to deal with the hassle of establishing a group but as long as the group is established, they will join, hence, I have found it much more likely for other players to respond to "Group Looking for More" than "XXX LFG" or even "XXX wanting to start a group"

Further, if you and your friend are flexible and one of you is willing to play a Cleric, while the other play a Warrior or SK, you have the two main core pillars of a group because DPS and Support is always easier to find than a Cleric and oddly, tanks seems to be somewhat rare. Cleric is the key though, someone has to bite the bullet and play a Cleric though I guess you could get away with a Shaman. Mind you this recommendation is based on what I think is required to offer maximum incentive for people to want to group with you.

Again this isn't based on Mangler but I can't believe it will be all that different there than it was on Selo or Corinav when I joined, both well after its initial launch, just like you will be doing if you join Mangler.

Just to give you an idea of what it is like on Selo. Me and a buddy where chatting last night while we did a bit of duoing. He was a 65 Zerker and I am a 65 Shaman. We got talking about how hard it was to find a group and he mentioned that in over 10 hours in game, he had only had only been invited to one group and then it was only for about 2.5 hours. In my case, I spent about 13 hours in game and prior to this conversation had only 1 group that broke up after a mere 1.5 hours of game play. The rest of the time we either soloed or spammed chat with LFG. So 3 days, during a 50% XP bonus event and I have progressed only about 25% through a single level, on a server that already had about a 200% XP rate. If I had been able to get solid groups during most of that time, I would have dinged 70 already and probably been able to grind a dozen or more AAs. That is how bad it is.
  7. jimbobdole New Member

Sounds like you weren't proactive at all, just waited for tells to get groups. If you want to massively increase your chance of getting groups, you need to send tells and make groups yourself (and go to zones and directly ask).
  8. Midnitewolf Augur

Honestly, I don't want to get into this debate again but if you read up a bit in my post, I talk about how people are more responsive to "Group Looking for more" than they are "Player LFG" or even "Player Looking to start group". That right there should have told you, that I have experience at being proactive. I have seen times where there was a full groups worth of similar leveled players LFG and proposed we should meet up an group only to be greeted by silence and honestly, I get it.

As someone who has multiple times, been the impetus to getting a group together and moving, it is a royal pain. You get three people to join but because the fourth doesn't join fast enough, one or both drop, usually just seconds before the fourth finally accepts your invitation. Or you get the full 6 but half the group hasn't taken a step in the direction of where you have decided to hunt because they wanted to make sure you had a full group before spending time traveling. This isn't so much because people don't want to group but rather it is because there just aren't enough people grouping so I regard it more of a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

So as I said, I get it. Joining as a replacement in a group that is already in full swing is just more appealing than trying to start a group from scratch. This is why I recommended they play a Cleric and Tank. Clerics are very hard to find and trivialize content with their heals. People know this so naturally gravitate toward any grouping situation where there is a cleric present. Additionally, it is very hard to have any kind of productive group without a tank to hold aggro but if you have a Cleric and a Tank, you have a solid group with the addition of just one of any other single class in the game and once you have a Cleric, Tank and even a single DPS or Support character, it tends to become fairly easy to get 2-3 more to join. That has been my experience just about any time I have managed to pair up get a Tank and Cleric consolidated in the group. The second that happens, I can generally pull at least a 5 man, if not a full group together within 10-15 mins. The Key is Cleric specifically and Tank, preferably Warrior or SK since they are perceived as being the only two worthwhile tanks.
  9. Zoshiro New Member

To sum up.... "I don't play on Mangler, I have nfi idea what I am saying, and this whole post should be deleted"
    Mangler has lots of low levels, but it only takes a few hours to get to 20ish so chances are most players aren't going to be 1-20 for long. If you and your friend choose a good duo, you will be able to level very easily. Tons of groupage on Mangler, no matter how pro-active you are. This server isn't dead, don't listen to fools from other servers tell you how other servers are, because Mangler is Mangler. No comparison.
  10. Therealtieral New Member

I'd like to chime in here and reiterate what Zoshiro has said. Don't let doom and gloom idiots that have zero idea what is going on hold you back. Mangler is a very populated server, and there is currently quite a bit of grouping from 25 on up.

Throw out the advice from people that have never played on Mangler but have on other servers, this place is very different.

Welcome to the server, Dotty!
  11. ntellect Augur

I'm level 22 on Mangler right now. Only get to play a few times a week. I'll be honest it's pretty quiet but there are options for groups. Even with my limited play I mostly find groups by sending tells to everyone in the LFG tool. Almost always ends in a group. I'm in the Overthere headed to the woods and my SK was making decent XP off of blue and yellows. Join a guild. Mine gave me some great AC gear making it more manageable.

C'mon, jump on in.
  12. Midnitewolf Augur

Your right, I don't play on Mangler, but that doesn't mean there is no good information to share. My warning was simply that it is better to assume you won't get a group than you will get a group and make decisions accordingly and I still stand by my advice to play a Healer and Tank as being the best way to ensure you get as many grouping opportunities as possible. That combo also tends to be a solid combination for Duo'ing as well for those times when groups just aren't forthcoming.

You also said it yourself in your advice. To quote you, "If you and your friend choose a good duo, you will be able to level very easily". Obviously if your giving this advice, you have to feel there is at least some possibility that grouping will be an issue, otherwise what does it matter if they chose classes that are a good duo. I mean if there is a lot of grouping opportunities it shouldn't matter what class they play.

At the end of the day, it would be absolutely great if they manage to get a group within 10 minutes of logging in each and every day, but it is much better to be prepared for that to not be the case, than to expect it and find it not to be the case. If they consider that situation in advance and make their class decisions based on that possibility, they will be less likely to get frustrated and quit if they find getting groups are harder than expected. That, in a nutshell, is my message and I think it absolutely apply no matter what server they chose in the end.