Remove the level 85 start on the new November TLP server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EEpromm, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Numiko Augur

maybe if they let the recruit a friend bonus work on the new server.. but other then that i'm sticking with phinny!
    Machen likes this.
  2. Narrator of Scott New Member

Agree with OP but actually even more conservative. What is the appeal to play Everquest starting at level 85? I don’t get to train the tower room into the fireplace room’s group in Estate of Unrest. I don’t get to charm warp stuff in Lguk. I don’t get to kill steal epic mob camps. Are we all really about to pretend that being a savage in the trilogy is not where the fun is in playing this game?
  3. Riggles Journeyman

They sold level 50 or 55 heroic characters on Fippy at some point, I forget what expac (maybe GoD?). The only uproar was that they came with defiant gear. They eventually reacted to the criticism and tried to delete the defiant gear. I bought a druid and a warrior, and lost my warriors defiant gear but my Druid's was left intact. I chalked it up as DBG felt Druid's were obsolete by then..

Oh God why? That place will be a ghostier ghost town, even more a ghostier ghost town then it is now. Ghost towns will be bragging about their thriving populations compared to that ghostier, ghost town. Phinny will be the ghostiest ghost town ever. Well, maybe Ragefire and that other server name I have long forgotten may be even more ghastly.
  4. Machen New Member

Had not even considered this possiblity. It would definitely make me give it some thought.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If they let me transfer my phinny toons intact, I would consider it for a brief moment.
  6. Midnitewolf Augur

Yeah I don't think Krono will hold the same value. I know the only reason I have ever actually bought Krono is to by gear for my characters.

I think we can all say this about one server or another. I am finding Selo a bit too fast for me to keep up and kind of wish I would have restarted on Mangler instead. If there was some way I could transfer my toons over to Mangler, even naked and level reduced to accommodate Mangler's lower level cap, as long as I could keep my plat so I could are least replace a decent chuck of my gear, I would transfer in a heartbeat. I mean I could of course sell all my gear, convert it to Krono and then move to Mangler but the one thing I don't want to do is start over from scratch at level 1 again. Of course as I mentioned in other posts, that is one of the big appeals of this new server to me, the fact I don't have to start over.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Sell your gear on selo and restart on mangler with bonus exp going on you can make good progress going forward.
  8. Midnitewolf Augur

I actually thought about that but since I was planning to stay on Selo and wanted to have at least very good, bazaar level gear to kick start me into raiding, much, if not most of the gear I have on my toons was "Attunable" meaning it is now "No Drop" Also much of this gear was quite expensive. All in all I think I bought 5 Krono to outfit these guys and I doubt very much I could get more than a single Krono back in return.

To be honest, I has been year and years since I played and the only real roadblock to most raiding, such as the Plane of Hate and such back in the day, was level so I didn't have a clue how much content was now locked behind flags and how much of a roadblock this would be in terms of catching up on the server. I thought I would be able to just level to around 65 or so which is downright easy on Selo, then join a guild and start raiding with them pretty much immediately. It wasn't until I actually joined a raiding guild and found out how far behind the curve I was that I began to get discouraged.

So I am going to probably at the very least try out a few classes on the new server and then if it seems to be a place that will work for me, I guess I will probably bite the bullet and sell all my sellable gear on Selo and try to converted it to at least one Krono that I can move with me. Lots and lots of wasted money <sigh>.
  9. That0neguy Augur

I am curious what will happen when you hit lvl 50 on mangler and expect to start raiding when you are 10 levels under the cap. Guessing you will experience the same thing.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Wait, I can pay for a server transfer to transfer my heroic toon over TO this new server...

...umm.
    Darn. I should have waited to heroic

:)
  11. Midnitewolf Augur

I didn't say I was transferring to Mangler, just that I thought about it and the thought process behind it would be that since the content would be around longer, it would give a player more time to actually catch up.

Lets say it takes me 2 weeks to get those last 10 level and then another 2 weeks to get flagged for Anguish for example. On a server that gets its expansions updated every 3 months, that leaves me 8 weeks of potential raiding time after I got flagged. On Selo, at the same pace, by the time I get flagged, a new expansion is already coming out and the guild has already started transitioning to raiding the new content. Basically it is just a matter of pacing.

As far as raiding under the level cap, I did tons of that back in the day. For example, at level 52 I was raiding Hate once per week to get my Iksar SK some decent armor. There was no flag preventing me from joining a raid. If my guild had a slot open or if there was a pick up raid with a spot open, I joined and raided hence the reason why I thought it would be pretty easy to enter the raiding scene once I level 65. I knew I wouldn't be optimal, but didn't realize I wouldn't be able to participate at all due to flags.

Honestly, I had forgotten they added in all these flags to slow the progression down so they had a year or more to roll out a new expansion. The problem is that as I mention above, it doesn't take a year or more for them to get the new expansion out anymore, but the flags to slow down progression still exist.
  12. ntellect Augur

What you are missing is that everyone starts at the same high level. I cant join Phinny and start at 75. I have to level most likely alone for 70 or so levels. That's discouraging.

Even people who rush to 90 can still group with brand new 85s making more opportunities to group.

I think this will be the best TLP because it will reach live relatively quickly. Many people to play with giving a strong sense of community
  13. ntellect Augur

Biggest appeal would be it's closer to live. I've played all the TLPs and seen classic through PoP. For those of us who would love to play an actual live expansion when it releases this the fastest/best way to do it. The entire server will be the same level and can group regardless if you rush to 90 or start a fresh 85 a month later. Then there's what? VoA, RoF, CoTF, etc. Which I bet are all expansions many of us never played in era but get a chance to revisit now... again with people to group with. That's going to be hella fun
  14. That0neguy Augur

Selo catches and passes this server in like 2 months, and it starts 2 months behind Phinny. So you have 2 other servers that will both beat it to live.
  15. ntellect Augur

What I meant was I can catch up to live faster starting at 85 than joining Selo or Phinny and have to level 1 to their current max level.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Machen New Member

Actually, I am pretty sure you could catch up to live faster on Selo with the bonus XP, once it is past House of Thule. It will take very little time to go level 1 to level 85 on selo, and autogrant will take care of all the aa's you would get from a heroic toon, eventually. But you'll have on the order of 40,000 aa's to earn past level 85 to be all caught up to live, and that selo xp rate will make that much, much, much easier.

Also, you will definitely catch up to live faster on Selo since it will hit live two years before the new server will.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Delphwind Augur

No thank you.

This is one of the things I am most looking forward to about this server. Can't wait!!
    Yinla likes this.
  18. EEpromm Lorekeeper

LOL. This explained it, thanks! Might I recommend idle clicker games for the fans of this mode. You don't have to play at all, just log in and get your loot. :p
  19. code-zero Augur

What on earth are you talking about?
  20. EEpromm Lorekeeper