Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What?
    No Beta Testing unless we pay for it?
    That is not how it used to be.
    EDIT to add: I know, I have Beta Tested a few of the expansions.

Also, we used to have better In-Game support.
    - Auto AFK players This is against the rules.
    - Resurrect deleted characters.
    - Commas in /surnames.
    - Marketplace purchases lost.
    - Raise the BBB rating of D-. Seems a 3rd party answers these situations veteran players arise. Characters, accounts, purchases. no support.

Holly, I respect you.. but there needs to be attention to these issues.
    I have even tried contacting you PM on social media about these issues.
    "D-".
    You want to open another server? Check out live player population on some of these servers.. Not player count, because one player having 34 accounts afk playing on The Rathe, doesn't count.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Cazmac like this.
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Will we get another All Access subscription promotion? I loved that $70 promo rate for one year's subscription.
  3. Nniki Augur

The timing of the Miragul server just doesn't seem ideal imo. EQ2 players will probably be playing EQ2 to participate in their anniversary content rather than play on a new EQ server. The developers will be busy working on the new expansion followed by fixing bugs in the new expansion. The live players will be testing and raiding beta followed by playing in the new expansion once it launches (leveling to 115, grinding AAs, farming augs, group & raid progression, etc). That doesn't leave much time to mess around with a new EQ server.

I think it could certainly attract some people from both the live and TLP communities, but I feel late spring would be a better time. That's when live would be winding down with the new expansion, and people would be looking for something else to do. At least, if I were to try a new server, I'd be more likely to try it out at that time.

Then again, I'd rather just see a new Quarm server. ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  4. melemayhem Journeyman

my main question is, does this new expansion require previous expansion progression. It shouldnt seems velous isn't really linked to the planes but is main thing that will decide weather i buy it or not. I haven't brought tbl. I will buy the new if i can just bypass tbl altogether but if i have to have the tbl progression to open zones etc in the new i wont bother, its a lot of money to pay to have go do zones i just had no interest in.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Cazmac like this.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It was said that this next expansion was not a continuation of TBL (I think it was in the Fires of Velious Website 100 Question thing). So I think you will not have to worry about TBL for zone access (with 6 zones only, hopefully they learned a good lesson from TBL and will have all accessible from day one … without silly campfire/banner exploits).

I think there might be more evolving loot possible … in which case, that might require TBL … but that would be the only thing I would expect to require TBL progression.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Gnomes again, shouldn't this be Coldain?
    Jordis, Dyna, Dsuna and 3 others like this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If it is the Standard Edition then it is only worth 2 Krono, seeing as 1 Krono is worth $17.99.
    I wouldn't call it a last anything. It is something people have been asking for as long as Krono have been in EQ.

You're obviously not much of a Veteran Beta Tester. We have been doing the Beta access for Pre-Order for like 4-5 years now. The only people who get random beta invites are the guilds who DB chooses specifically to help them with that year's Beta. Even then they still have other non-invited guilds help them in Beta as well.

• People who have macros going still get reported and taken care of, I'm assuming that's what you first bullet point was trying to claim doesn't happen.
    • They still will undelete characters, but it basically has to have been done an exceptionally long time ago (before the type name req to delete) and even then it requires showing some idea that the account was hacked.
    • Commas were never allowed in Names or Surnames. The most that was ever allowed was the ` (grave accent).
    • If you lose an item which was not destroyed or consumed as intended, then they will still replace such items which cannot be reobtained through game play.
    • BBB ratings are a joke. They simply are not paying off the BBB to raise their ratings, and they don't bother removing the troll complaints on their account.
    The Live player population on most servers is fine, the few servers which are low population are that way either by design or because they are intended to receive the populations of the TLP servers as they catch up.
    Contacting anyone of import on "Social Media" and expecting a reply is a fool's errand. If you're having issues you should:
    1. If the issue is a bug or similar problem, then make use of https://dgcissuetracker.com/.
    2. If the problem is with other people or some weird occurrence in game, file a Petition (and if necessary make proper use of /report).
    3. Wait for a reply.
    4. If you don't get a reply check your spam folder.
    5. If nothing in your spam folder, then message the EQ community rep here in these Forums.
    Regardless, sending messages via Social Media to the game's Producer is not going to get you any help. It isn't even likely to get your concerns addressed. They just get too many such messages to respond and address them directly.
  8. Natal Augur

Why? The people who would play in beta are those doing current content, not progression server stuff. They have already decided their preference.
    Jordis likes this.
  9. Natal Augur

That is how it has been done for the last few years. Nothing new about that.
  10. Straps New Member

Every time an expansion gets announced and they roll out the price points it reminds me why I quit buying them. All access accounts should get these tiny expansions for free. The developers divide their player base every year and we all wonder why the numbers never go up. *rolls eyes*
    Xeladom and Cazmac like this.
  11. smash Augur

When did you last time participate in a beta?
    It has not been like that for a loooonnngg time.
    And this is for beta, not come with grudges and other stuff.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The last beta that was free and anyone could participate in without pre ordering was #21 TDS - we are now on #26 TOV. That's 5 years.

In game support that resurrected deleted characters was last done in 2015 and was changed in this update to " Deleted characters: There are various mechanics in place to assure that characters are not deleted by accident. Let's be careful out there. Deleted characters will not be restored. Feel free to re-roll a new character."

Auto afk has been against the rules since day one and still is. Repercussion from doing this are varied and always have been.

GM assistance in creating such surnames, as the ability for them to assist has been removed in 2016.

I have had them restore marketplace purchases twice in the last 2 years.

BBB rating? Daybreak is NOT accredited on that private site. I doubt it matters to them. After all in the EULA it clearly states that they own and control it all.

Just adding some clarity to the forums. :D
  13. Overlord Ragefire New Member

1.) Just curious, with these expansion bundles, will there be options to tack on multiple additional copies? or will they basically be in pairs? I own 12+ accounts ( most of them are mules, but I do play on 4 of them on a regular basis) and some of my friends 3 box. Some would be interested if you had say a 3 pack. Some of us have hated the multiple purchasing of expansions in the past, and some of us have had banking issues, or CC issues when the CC companies flag transactions thinking them fraud when multiple purchases from same companies happen( have had this happen 3 times with EQ expansion purchases in the past). And due to this I had 2 such accounts banned until it was resolved roughly a month later.
    2.) I would still like a way to link all my accounts together so purchases could all be done on 1 account but be directed to whichever account I wanted it on.
    3.) "If it is the Standard Edition then it is only worth 2 Krono, seeing as 1 Krono is worth $17.99."
    That may be common sense, but sellers will mark that up because they know that people that have plat in the game to buy krono and buy the expansions will be willing to pay more from game currency trades vs RL money, happens all the time unfortunately. I'd expect to see them for 3-5 krono at start, and wind down once normal saturation / expac 50% sales start, whichever is first.
    4.) I agree with Nniki that the timing is not ideal for a new server. With as much going on, people are going to be pulled in too many directions. Spring would probably be the best time for adding new servers of any type. I would also love to see a new Quarm server, I had a lot of fun on the last one.
    5.) I own 1 Lifetime all access account, 3 box accounts that are silver and a ton of total FTP accounts that are my mule accounts from old(before the tradeskill stacking revolution lol). I would also be interested in an all access Promo pricing or Lifetime sale(would buy 2 lifetimes hands down, this would also be an incentive to get all normal play accounts the new expansion, J/S).
  14. LDEffectsMe Augur

Any chance we could get some new screenshots of the expansion posted in the actual developer letter? The logo is nice, but I'd like to see the new ice shader showcased a bit more.
  15. LLyan New Member

I'm hoping this new expansion gives solo players ways of getting past the first zone. I spent alot of cash on The Burning Lands and still haven't gotten past Stratos. All that cash for one zone again would make me think hard about purchasing an expansion.
    Dyna, Cazmac, Budwei and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You're a solo player. Fine.

But are you allergic to grouping? If so, I wouldn't recommend buying any expansion for any MMO.
    Cazmac likes this.
  17. Zurril Elder

Is there a live stream that will accompany the pre-order start?
    Yinla likes this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Such this. Much hard.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Gnomish...again. We just went through Gnomish for GMM/Anniversary.

This. Should. Be. Coldain. Or Kromzek. Or Veeshan. Or Othmir (zomg I can hear the squeals of delight already). Or Ry'Gorr.

ANYTHING but Gnomish. In fact, I am not entirely certain any Gnome NPC was ever present in all of Velious 1.0.

And for the record, original Velious had 19 zones. 6 seems a tad...low. Unless Velious is coming in two parts.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, Kronos, though at $17.99 each, are more ubiquitous than tradable expansions. Expect to peg the value of Kronos on the RMT market currently at $10.99 each in reference to any trade at minimum. People with tradable expansions will expect a premium/profit or else they would simply buy membership or Kronos themselves. It won't be a charity deal (unless it's between friends). Simple supply and demand.