Since you made riposte worthless, let us turn it off.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Natal Augur

You can't riposte ripostes. Knaves return strike is not going to help you unless you are actually tanking the mob since you have to riposte in the first place for a chance to get it to work.

You only are in front on raids because you choose to stand there, there is nothing that I am aware of that requires you to be in front if you are not the tank. And generally it is not a good place for melee to be anyway, because of all those pesky frontal things such as riposte/deflect/parry/dodge/block/whatever which WILL reduce your actual melee dps, lol.
  2. Natal Augur

No it won't. Riposte damage is not that much in the big picture. Most of the spike damage (the thing that kills tanks usually) comes from spell effects, and those have nothing to do with ripostes.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

I'd say more like 50/50.
  4. Lianeb Augur

There is actually a reason Warrior Class weapons have a higher delay on them.
    Kaenneth and Whulfgar like this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, no. Try parsing sometimes.

Melee trash mobs level 109-110 riposte about 50% of swings. Well, they did before this patch anyway.
  6. Natal Augur

So? No one is dieing to ripostes unless a mob has a spell effect such as Sarnak Finesse running. They just don't happen often enough for that.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Nerf or no Nerf, this would be a good feature to add, at the appropriate priority.
  8. HanktheTank Journeyman

So here I am farming summoning light blue mobs to try and level up my tear. The no damage weapons just isn't as efficient as this would be.

Now that we know that this is possible from the recent change, please make it happen! As a warrior I'd pay aa's for it. We barely get any aa's as is anyways.
  9. Raccoo Augur

Fire trap
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Examples? All mobs have a rear even if they just look like a blob
  11. Dewey Augur

It's a positioning thing really. Where as of you go to the back you'll die. Those are the annoying mobs. Normally it is the mobs that are adds in the raid and not necessarily the main moon of the event.
  12. Nedrom Augur

What's the cliff notes on what changed exactly? I'm curious. I don't really follow the patch notes. What is actually happening?
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Still asking for examples.
    Mobs have rear ae's, that good rogues avoid then get back to stabbing it in the butt.
  14. LostSoul Lorekeeper

I play an (Sk) okay that isn't true. I play a warrior, before the nerfs to riposte I could pull the entire crushbone throne room and live, it was hard but i'd manage. After the nerfs I require a mercenary, and the summoning is out of control that is why I pull from range on the run with an instant click debuff item.
  15. Natal Augur

Fire trap is a defensive proc, not a riposte. Turning ripostes off will have zero impact on the spell.
  16. Natal Augur

He doesn't have any examples because there are not any.

Raid mobs with large rear directional AEs are spun by the tanks, so he wouldn't be hit by those mostly anyway. And in any case, mobs with directional AEs usually have frontal and side AEs as well. So he is so worried about rear AEs that he feels the need to stand in the front, but the frontal AEs are OK? He is just grasping at straws.
  17. Raccoo Augur

Not true. I've been killed because of reposite on those mobs. Turn all attacks off, even autoskill bash, and still get killed.

And even better, because the damage is considered self-inflicted, it doesn't get the mitigation from all the nice spell shield stuffs. In fact, it is more than the 148188 damage it says it should be.
  18. Dewey Augur

Most of the time it is due to poor positioning by the tank. It's a tank that move the mob out of the aura, but just barely so you can't hit it.

Sure you can say that it is avoidable; however, the rogue has no control over it. The rogue can't even play better. The only thing the rogue can do is tell the tank, hey next time pull it all the way out of the purple aura, or face it's but towards the raid and don't have it next to the mob.

The frogs in fire that spawn right on top of the general. They don't get moved. Sure you "can" hit it in the back, but if you do your just getting healed more. A good rogue hits poorly positioned mobs in the front when he has to.

There are snails in fire as well. You can get a rear arc barely from the side and then some idiot moves it.

There are times when the rogue does not get the backside.

Anyways that's not the point of this thread. This thread is about turning off repoist. Yes it would be beneficial to be able to turn this skill off.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Your tanks suck. If that's happening..
  20. Dewey Augur

There's many people who play the game. Maybe those tanks just don't care about rogue dps. Many people don't even understand how much rogue dps comes from the back of the mob.

The examples are just examples they don't happen all the time, but they do happen. There are just times where as the rogue for whatever reason and no fault of his own can't hit the mob in the back.

There was another rogue stating a case above about the gmm event where they position the mob. The thing is rogues have no sayso on where the mob is positioned. There was talk 12 years ago of an AA that would shadow step us to the back of the mob... It was nothing but talk though. When I saw whisper step I was disappointed that it d didn't fling you to the back. Especially when they have battle leap that flings warriors to the mob.