Enchanters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deadlylover, Oct 6, 2019.

1. kizant Augur

That DPS sounds about right to me for a charm pet and I'd try not using that aura. It really doesn't make much of a difference.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Were you using your burns? You put out double the DPS of Mazame.

EditL you said no burns. Not sure how your at 100k DPS.

What zone were you in? I expect charmed mobs in ash and smoke to put out closer to 50k dps? I'll have to double check my parser version.
  3. Dovhesi Elder

Stare is nice, but then you have to deal with the max target cap of 6 downside that goes along with using it over the others.
    RPoo likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Ugh, well none of my numbers are valid. I downloaded the new version of the parser but I forgot to switch out the pin so I was still using the old parser. Explains so much.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Bees in Scorched woods - 23265, 25193, 25265, 24830...

Spiders and such in smokes 38393, 47203, 43861, 50230

On the same mob that was 50230. 1.7k of that was from NET.
    I did 108740 in spell damage. Tash, slow, strangulate, tempest, constriction, slash, sunder 1.957 total damage. 5k of that DPS was from the bards arcane ballad effect.

On that mob the warrior did 195k dps, the druid 106k DPS and the bard 74k dps.

Total fight was 31. Looks like most of the fights were 30-60 seconds.

I'll have to play with the parser some more now that I realize why my numbers were so off. It looks like my charm DPS is closer to 1/3 of my total rather than 1/2 like I thought. Don't know how much the bard was affecting the charm since haste doesn't show in the parser.
  6. Cailen Augur

did it again with burns goin 195 seconds 42124904 @216025 DPS no pet
  7. Cailen Augur

for full parse fight didn't stop till at least a minute after I was trying but here's some numbers from dd break down procs etc that most more casual enc's overlook

Dissident reinforcement 6 7383.2dps
    Mana repetition strike III 5847.8 dps
    spike of corruption 4441.8 dps
    dragonmagic spell 4205.7 dps
    spike of magic VIII 2502.2 dps
    night's endless darkness III 2429.2 dps
    burst of flames V 2020.1 dps
    mana re-repetition III 1042.8 dps
    burst of ice X 832.6 dps
    banestrike XXIII 337dps
    fiery strike VI 212.4 dps
    mana re-re-repetition III 178.4 dps

so that's 31,433.2 DPS just from procs..... numbers would have been higher but like I said parser kept parsing for over a minute after I was done attacking for some dumb reason. numbers I posted before for total parse was from live parse numbers when I quit fighting

and yes the NET procs were from me meleeing cuz if yah aint wacking it between casts you aint trying
    RPoo likes this.
  8. Mazame Augur

Fyi,

My dps is lower because like I said my chanter is my alt in group gear missing augswith out max aa and rank 2 spells. So i would expect some one raid gear to be doing a lot more.
  9. Diptera Augur

Another aspect that I don't think has been mentioned much yet are the spell guards and runes that can add greatly to group survivability.

On several raids (particularly those with AE nukes), my group has been either entirely intact at the end (or at least the last to fall in a wipe), due to the chanter's ability to take some of the strain off the healer, with runes/spell guards to reduce the damage that gets through to players.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I'm finding with my level 97 mage group that the only thing keeping those mages alive when they get aggro is the Tenebrous Rune line of spells.

I'm kind of curious, what's the intent of the Brimstone Durability line of spells? They are single target, have a recast time, and have much lower absorb damage than Tenebrous runes. It looks like they have slot #2 in their buff so they should stack with Tenebrous, but what do enchanters use it for?
  11. Mazame Augur

Some of the runes cost peridots. Brimstone doesn't and so you can cast it more often with out the added cost.
  12. Dovhesi Elder

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    RPoo likes this.
  13. Fian Augur

Ninelder said:
    “I am assuming you meant Perplexing Glance instead of Deluding Flash. If you advise people to use PG you need to forewarn them of the dangers. Caveat emptor: You will mez yourself. Funny after that fact, but still a group wiping experience.” Not that big of a deal if you mez yourself, due to AA/focus, the mez lasts longer on the mobs you just mezzed, so you can recast before it wears off.

14. Tucoh Augur

Haha what a joke.

This is me when I roll up to Jeweler Nonny in PoK bank and buy multiple stacks of 1k peridots.
    [IMG]
    Sancus, RPoo, Kimbella and 1 other person like this.
  15. Moldar Augur

Basically in short, it was a rune without a reagent needed in order to cast it. The "balance" issue was that it absorbed significantly less because it was basically "free" (in that you didn't need an inventory component to cast it, just mana), and due to initially how weak it was it didn't scale well as levels increased.

It is kind of a throw away spell, useful for a minor rune on like trash mobs for "rescue" quest (think LDoN, etc), but frankly because of how cheap peridots are these days I rarely even bother with it anymore.
  16. Mazame Augur

I use it all the time the self mez % is very low and if you have a real healer in the group they can cure it off you.
    Also like you said it fades on you with time to recast.

If you beam mobs coming in then you can also step away and then use PG and not get mezed.
  17. Mazame Augur

This post has confirmed to me what I have already posted. That their are not a lot of good enchanters left. Their are a number of people that play the chanter but use them for a single use based on how they fit into their box team or group. However many chanter don't discuss enough like other classes on how their spells work and how to use them.

I do not consider my self a great chanter by any means as I feel I still have much to learn on the class. I have been seeking out advise on how to improve and will say that my dps improved greatly after the tips that I got from Kim.

As for pulling and CCing I don't have any trouble locking down 12-24 mobs the hardest part with locking down a lot of mob is more the need. these days the tank I been playing with tend to want to kill 6+ mobs at a time and don't like it when I cc them.

As for runes other then self runes I don't use them much. I find a good healer works better then me giving up a spell slot in group setting. I not raided as a chanter in a number of years so on a raid they may be worth it.

As for pets most the time I don't use them. when I charming it for 1 of 2 reason. 1 is so I can let a bunch of npc kill the mob for me. 2nd is when a name hits to hard for my bst to tank I charm a pet to tank it.

I love my chanter I feel they are a very unique class and are a lot of fun to play but the number of good chanter I find is dropping off compared to the number of people that use them as one trick pony's so to speak.
    Kimbella and RPoo like this.
  18. kizant Augur

Unless you want 12-24 mobs, where are you pulling what zone are you in where you have to pull that many at once? Just wondering.
  19. Mazame Augur

Gmm pulling all the orc's
    ST pulling all of the zone.
    PoF (imp cheese) ok so this is only 10-11 mobs that require cc.

Most the time when CCing large numbers it more to do with cheese. or when the tank is mass pulling I like to toss an AE mez before I tash / slow so that I don't aggro one that he not taunted. But like i said most tanks doing mass pulls don't like it when you mez their swarm

It not often that your in a spot where you would need to lock that many down. but I have a chanter friend that we like to compete on how many we can get in camp and cc with out wiping the group.
  20. kizant Augur

Oh ok. It sounded like you had to pull that many but you're just doing it on purpose. That makes sense.