Bards, your favorite medley?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Lilura, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Lilura Augur

As a beginner, relatively speaking, I medley the following:

Aria of Begalru
    War March of Dekloaz
    Traverno's Insult
    Arcane Ballad
    Traverno's Song of Suffering

Unless I'm paired with casters. Then it's

Arcane
    Atoning Accelerando
    Dissident Psalm

Idea, or any recommendations to change?
  2. Brohg Augur

Sathir's Insult, not Travenro's, because Travenro's does push

1 Aria
    2 War March
    3 Suffering
    4 Arcane
    5 Pulse
    6 Reckless

Sathir 1 Sathir 2 Sathir 3 Sathir 4 Sathir 5 Sathir 6, so's to Insult every time it's ready whether or not Quick Time is fuxing with the song timing.

Slipping Crescendo in there is good for groups that include rng/bst/dru, Dissident for those same folks if the event will be done in under 20 minutes. War Chorus & Chorus of (mana) is a thing to arrange with the raid force, those are good to replace Pulse & Reckless if in caster groups.

Getting Amplification & Jonthan's on yourself without skimping on support stuff is a pro maneuver, but pays off personal dps.
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Lilura Augur

Isn't there a low-end clicky item, it has a diamond icon, with Amplification for a buff effect?
  4. Nniki Augur

5. Lilura Augur

So what do you guys twist with casters? Atoning drains mana fast.
  6. Burpo the Clown New Member

Atoning really seems to be for healers more than anything (works only on beneficial spells). I'm not sure there are a ton of beneficial spells being cast by casters in the thick of battle.
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Moldar Augur

Casters will largely depend on what you're working with

Generally if you're in a necromancer heavy group on my Bard I use the following:

Aria of Begalru
    **War Chorus of Protan** (this is AoE and not grp specific)
    Arcane Ballad
    Akett's Psalm of Potency
    Travenro's Song of Suffering (mostly for yourself and player pets melee procs + any casters that want to melee attack)
    Chorus of Xigam (this is AoE and not group specific)

Additionally putting Sathir's in there every other song once you have the melody going.

If you're in a Wizard or Magician group:

Aria of Begalru
    War March of Dekloaz / War Chorus of Protan
    Qunard's Aria
    Arcane Ballad
    Travenro's Song of Suffering
    Pulse of Xigam / Chorus of Xigam

Additionally putting Sathir's in there every other song once you have the melody going.

Generally I will also use Dissident / Jembel's Lively Crescendo occasionally to help boost the mana of the group

If you're able you can also sing Amplification once a minute to bosst your personal "selo kick" damage and spread in Jonthan's as well to always kind of have minimum damage bonus going, but that depends on how well you're able to do DPS yourself.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I don't have much to add besides:

1. Bard's melody got a looot better with the recent change to not cause it to break when one of the songs is unavailable. Brohg's recommendation to jam insult in every other spot is the best way to take advantage of that. It's too bad we don't have a lot of songs with highish cooldowns that could also take advantage of that now, both Crescendo and Dissident are fairly tame in effect.

2. Brohg mentioned this too, but I don't see a lot of bards talking about how good Reckless Renewal is for general purpose grouping. It's listed as improving heal crit rate at 25%, but when I parsed it, it was even higher. It increased my cleric's crit rate from 54% to 86%, but I've never had someone else independently evaluated that. It also allows other classes to crit their heals that normally can't, which makes all the goofy random heal abilities like the heal target of target weapons much better.
    svann and MasterMagnus like this.
  9. Eggolas Augur

I noticed a substantial affect using Shaman's alliance (War/Sha/Brd trio) on the characters attracting mob attention and Reckless Renewal in the /melody (group content).
  10. Ashtorroth New Member

Sadly, this was nerfed last year, selo's kick damage is no longer based on the singing skill.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

The percentage increases can be focused apparently.

[56186/1752] Rigelon's Reckless Renewal
    Classes: BRD/108
    Skill: Stringed, Max Focus: 320%
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Nniki Augur

I don't believe anything has changed with Selo's Kick. SPA 118 (e.g. Amplification) effects certainly still work on it. If I remember correctly, SPA 179 also affects it... not that you'd want to use Puretone being it has a shared cooldown with Thousand Blades (and a much longer one at that).

It's always been a Kick skill. I don't know that worn singing modifiers ever affected it from what I recall.
  13. Nniki Augur

They actually had to put in a fix related to that back in 2014.

Game Update Notes: July 16, 2014
  14. Moldar Augur

Possibly my bad on that then, I just noticed that whenever I sing amplification song generally the damage from Selo's Kick appears to get stronger overall.
  15. Brohg Augur

Selo's Kick proc is sung, so it's a song that is Kick skill instead of Brass or Strings or whatever (that's what the patch note was about, it's no longer Singing). Since it's not already using instrument mods, it's not already running into the cap on instrument mods. So Amplification boosts it.

Quick 10 minute tests without 1k/glyph/ruchu on, no Dance, no GrpBestial/GrpGuardian/Intensity, no ber aura. I used Frenzied Kicks to cram in more data:
    without Amp or PT, 248 kick+selos, 10668 avg damage
    with Amplification, 247 kick+selos, avg damage 16837
    with Puretone, 247 kicks+selos, avg hit 16989
    with Puretone+Amplification, 248 kicks+selos, avg 17372

My suspicion is that either effect is fully productive, but that both together run into a modification cap that still exists.

As Nniki observes, one would have to be quite the ninny to choose Puretone over ThousandBlades in 2020. Which is not to say that it's for sure worthwhile to sing Amplification full time, but it's not nothin. +a couple k dps even without disc stuff also on.

My tests earlier this year suggest Jonthan's Mightful Caretaker is a stronger personal DPS song if a bard is properly geared with weapon procs. Jonthan's carries the caveat of only having standard song duration, so it has to be melodied up twice a minute instead of just once with a duration to match Frenzied Kicks.
  16. Cuuthbert Augur

Depends on the group, the mobs you are fighting and my role in the group. My song line ups change quite a bit based on that. So a favorite, there is no Favorite. The beauty of the bard is the ability to morph into what the group/raid needs