8th Ring - Chief Ry`Gorr on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warlord1999, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlord1999 Journeyman

I have been told that, upon handing in marching orders, the triggered Chief Ry`Gorr is being KSed (not loot locked) and the head stolen. Has DBG fixed this yet?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. Phaedren New Member

We were told by several GM’s and devs that this is an intended feature. Enjoy.
  4. Warlord1999 Journeyman

Well, I guess that I wasted my time doing the first 7 rings if triggered Chief is FFA! Let's all go KS!
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

Y'all are missing the exploitable consumerism here.

Charge people 1 krono a piece for the turn in, but it's a DPS race for every participant (no guarantee). The only guarantee is that you know he's going to be spawned then.
  6. Lemerian Elder

There's really no reason why this mob shouldn't be quest locked.

The 8th shawl turn in mob should be locked too.

These are the premiere velious quest lines and should be given better care.
    discordkitty and Xanathol like this.
  7. Tierdal Augur

They didn't steal. They won it. No camps, no mob owns. Do 51% or do over.
  8. Lemerian Elder

Except mob ownership does exist in game. Various triggered epic mobs are loot locked to the quester.

It's a matter of DBG doing some small amount of work to correct the issue here.
    Krezzy and Xanathol like this.
  9. Phaedren New Member

“It's a matter of DBG doing some small amount of work to correct the issue here.“

That’s just it. We inquired about it at three different levels from DBG GM’s or dev’s and according to them there is no issue.
  10. Warlord1999 Journeyman

I guess that a 10ac 100hp ring is too OP to be allowing just anyone to acquire.
  11. discordkitty Augur

Wow they suck.
  12. phaeril Augur

It's worse than that, it has all sorts of something dumb going on. Working on this with two characters, one ended up getting the 8th ring when someone wiped trying to solo it at level 50, it let me kill chief, loot head, turn in no problem. On my other character, I waited for a pick to open, turned in the stuff, did everything with the character that triggered it, couldn't loot it. It was literally lost to nobody, i was the only one in the zone and none of my dudes could loot it. Pick closed with about 2m left on the corpse timer.
  13. Tymeless Augur

They don't care that it's screwed up and they don't intend to fix it or correct the problems for those screwed over by this quest line. They have no customer service skills left within the company and are just stealing our subscription fees to make as much profit as possible. Pay and Play at your own risk people.
  14. jkb7777 New Member

Minor necro here, but wondering if Shawl 8 turn in can still be stolen after the loot lock change?

Mangler Luclin launch is soon and don’t want all my hard work to go down the drain.
  15. Tymeless Augur

it can be stolen
  16. jkb7777 New Member

Super, thanks.

DBG: please reconsider this. This type of stuff is what the loot lock change was supposed to prevent.
    Krezzy likes this.
  17. Tierdal Augur

This is a feature of EQ. Please win DPS race or redo quest,
  18. Krezzy Augur

With PNP no longer enforced, this absolutely needs to be done on quests that have more than a few hours of player effort.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Perhaps a 3rd party tool that can track and warp straight onto a target is what you need. If there is something like that. :rolleyes:
  20. Prathun Developer

Handing in the marching orders doesn't spawn the Chief Ry`Gorr NPC. There is a sequence of NCDs and invisible shouts that occur in-between that result in the Chief spawning. The old style quest loot lock system only occurs if the NPC is spawned directly by the quest.
    You should only be able to loot the head if you've handed in the marching orders before. This apparently wasn't enough to prevent griefing. We can look into more heavy-handed ways of preventing griefing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.