2 more things I'd like to see changed about /pick

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Finnster, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Finnster Elder

I like the change coming to /pick to make it more like it should have always been. But while you're already at it, there are 2 more suggestions:

make it so you can see the /pick window even when not in resting state. Just make it so you can't pick over before you're in resting state and the sufficient time period is over.

Please add a new information to the /pick window: The number of players needed to spawn a new pick in this zone. This would really help in judgement when you arrive in a crowded zone. You'll figure out fast if it's worth waiting a bit.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

This is the lamest part of the pick process. I have to wait 30 seconds to find out what picks, if any, are available. They could bring the window up and not enable the button until the timer is up. It's just lazy coding, honestly.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

An commenters could be polite and less judgmental and now-it-all.
    It's just lazy posting, honestly.
    Iyacc, Oakenblade, Tarvas and 5 others like this.
  4. Xanathol Augur

Looks like truth scored a critical hit!
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That’s not how ForumQuest works, good sir.

That’s not how any of this works! :(
    Oakenblade likes this.
  6. MarttinPH Augur

A professional representative for a company should take the time proofread their comments before they submit them. Is it supposed to be "Commenters could be polite and less judgmental and now-it-all"?
    But yeah, I imagine it is easier to quibble about a complaint not being in the format that you want is easier than addressing the issue at hand directly. At least it isn't the censorship direction that Dreamweaver seems to favor these days.

I agree.
    Ngreth Thergn and Boze like this.
  7. Stix Man Elder

I wish all dev responses didn't tag the thread with DEV on it.

I think devs should get a checkbox so they can check the box if it's a serious reply or not.

Then at least I can see a dev replied but also see if the reply did not actually deserve to leave a mark on the thread to have it stand out as special.
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Dev tag on this thread is just lazy posting.

OP gave good constructive criticism on the pick mechanic and you feed the trolls.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Add in that once the base #'s that opened a /pick fall below whatever the criteria was if the /pick is occupied by at least 6 players that /pick shouldn't close so suddenly maybe extend the time to at a minimum of 2 hours up to 6 hours or something reasonable.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

So it isn't true?
  11. taliefer Augur

can we start getting paid for lazy posting too then?
    Machen likes this.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Eh, not gonna pile on Ngreth. We've all had bad days, and said snarky things that sounded much funnier in our heads.

On topic; I'd guess its much harder for them to disable a button then the entire function while not at a resting state. A better suggestion might be giving us a /viewpick command that just spits out the pics+population in a similar manner to /who. (with a delay between re-use, again similar to /who)

Having the pick threshold shown on the window would be cool, and useful too. Perhaps its not something available to the client though. (It would be helpful to know how close a zone is to opening a pick or how close yours is to closing.)
  13. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Inb4 the "Now that we have the /viewpick command, why can't the devs make it better?" thread.
  14. Spooky Augur

Just remove the timer now that it succors you.
    Krezzy likes this.
  15. Terranos Elder

Can you also make it so my level 1 CL mule doesn't land in the pick every time I log him in?

Thanks
  16. Scruff Elder

no, enjoy being ejected from the tunnel into ravenous bears every time you log in!
    the new trader alt meta is twinking it with as much cheap ac/hp as you can get to survive the run back to the tunnel every time.
    the most elite trader alts will be spamming jboots :eek:
  17. Kakashi77 Elder

I think the devs hold back a lot in responding to some pretty agressive trolling from the forums. And most of the time it's really unnecessary; without even a point being made but merely to jump on the bandwagon to abuse a dev. Behind that title is still a person like you and me. We all have bad days and we all can only take so much of the abuse that goes on in these forums. I'm quite surprised none of them have cracked (probably most already have and don't even bother checking the forums due to this).

I also wouldn't insinuate what may seem easy when matter of fact it totally isn't. There's always a better way to project your thoughts and feedback without being snarky. Try it, make someone's day by not being a troll.
    Brovaar and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  18. Xeris Augur

The irony of calling a post lazy while yours is riddled with terrible grammar is top tier.
    MarttinPH and Machen like this.
  19. Terranos Elder

*know
    xmPradah likes this.
  20. Krezzy Augur

If the timer is needed for server load issues, at least consider reducing it to a minute.

I've had situations where I tried to pick to my party and had it fail due to high population. I've even had it fail when initially zoning in. I then need to wait for that timer to run out, even if we decide to move into a less populated pick.