Agents of Change for Live Servers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Frogmancer, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Monkman Augur

Definitely would enjoy seeing AoC for live servers, even if it’s a 7 day lockout.

Every now and then I get the itch to deck out a low lvl toon via ntov or Kael and always regret doing/get burned out after a week or so of not seeing a single mob.

Nothing game breaking about letting folks work on a trophy alt if anything it keeps folks playing.
    Cailen and Funky like this.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Khati Sha was the worst for me when I went old world hunting. Nothing like sitting through the event timers just to find out he isn't up =(
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Flip side is once you get the spawn time KS is extremely predictable, unlike most of the older stuff with a higher degree of variance. Plus if you pick the right kitteh in phase2 there’s some pretty decent lowbie things from the arcanist, even if there was no interest in an audience that day :).

Bump for Agents on Live though. For all the dev time that TLP eats up there’s no reason why we shouldn’t have access to instanced old stuff for epics, twinks, tribute, nostalgia etc!
    yosco likes this.
  4. Telshak New Member

5. Metanis Bad Company

Of course there's no "movement" on this. There aren't any nerfs or "change for the sake of change" involved. /sarc off
  6. Cailen Augur

With all the nerfs live is getting strictly due to TLP's we should also get the perks
    Ryhme, FawnTemplar and yosco like this.
  7. Raveno Puppykicker New Member

Please add the AoCs to live servers. I really hate PoP flagging for the tradeskill aug. The first time I did it, I afkd at spawn points for a month while enjoying other games. It isn't healthy for the game. Now I am doing this flagging for alts. I feel guilty taking a named that someone may need.

Also, I would like instances to not have a minimum requirement of characters to request instances/raids. If it doesn't cause a server issue, I don't think it is a good idea to require three, six, twelve, etc. people to request instances. In many if these we can one shot the mobs now. The content of the instance and if it kills us should be the only factors that matter for if we can complete it. Most people can get friends to help request an instance or log in extra toons anyhow, but it is a hassle.
  8. Horyuken Augur

Not adding AoC to live servers is a resource based choice. Every time an instanced zone loads it uses compute power they don't really have. Can you imagine probably 800 more instances loaded across all the game servers, it would be a huge drain and cause issues across the board.
  9. Odiosus Journeyman

This brings up a couple great points. It’s true that live servers and players have had quite a few detrimental changes as a result of TLP nonsense. It would be nice if Live got the benefit of AoC especially for PoP.

The second issue is a fundamental design issue with current content. While the addition of the artisans prize and hunter achievements does add additional mileage to old content, it is in some ways a major step back for returning players. When the achievements were just for fun, it wasn’t a big deal but with the addition of artisans and evolving gloves, it basically recreated the drama of Epic fear camps being on permanent lockdown. While some servers have good communication about named sharing in Pop, a lot of servers simply don’t. So one player who isn’t even max level can bottleneck progression for everyone. If the AoC concept can’t be implemented on live, the least the devs can do is stop introducing additional ones as requirements for current content.
  10. birdsong_pawn Augur

It seems that having long lockouts would mitigate any resource-based concerns. Would AoCs on live servers really add significantly to the number of instances being run? Players are constantly running plenty of instanced tasks and missions.

I would be thrilled to see an AoC for old raid zones that are perma-camped (*cough Vex Thal*). I'd even be happy with something like a one-month lockout for zones like that.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Making it tied to paid accounts would be a good way to help pay for adding it to Live servers. Good idea.
  12. Scorrpio Augur

Oh please, pretty much all content from GoD and on has instances. How many TBL instances are going on all the time? How many GMMs? How many people run HoT/CotF/RoF/TDS/TBM/EoK missions for Heroic AAs? How many still do CoA to get 2.0s for alts? And most of those are on a 6 hour cooldown. Most people who need raidmobs in these old zones are likely to be done in about 5 min anyway. And will not need them again once they got the flag.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This is what I'd like to call TLP poison Live can live with! :p
  14. Horyuken Augur

Heh for the first few weeks you will have double the active instances on most servers. You will then have the player base here going nuts because things aren't stable. Everyone will dust off some old toon to go solo plane of fire and they will launch each instance on a diffrent bot since all that stuff is easy to solo. Do you not notice every time they launch a new TLP, instance zone stability, load times, and performance take a hit. So you know they don't have a cluster for each server, It's a shared resource pool.
  15. Raccoo Augur

Calling BS on resource b/c everything is instanced in modern content. Even static zones can become instanced when /picks happen. Think the main reason they do AoC on TLPs but not Live is to give a reason for people to choose TLPs over Live servers. If lowbies could do actual raids on Live without worrying about high levels destroying all their targets, do you think they might do that instead of TLP? They could even do so without being All Access accounts if they allowed it on Live.
    yosco and birdsong_pawn like this.
  16. yosco Augur

This is bs. As others have said, there are already tons of instances going at any given time. You literally made up a number that looks semi-intimidating without any information or context.

Add my name to the list of people who want AoCs on Live. I'm tired of being forced to deal with the nerfs because of TLPs without any appreciable benefit. It's time the AoCs went Live.
    birdsong_pawn likes this.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Live players are welcome to pay for 2 accounts and log into any TLP server to enjoy AoC, whenever they wish.
  18. Horyuken Augur

If they have so many resources avaliable and they can launch an infinite number of instances why don't that make a requirement for an instance 1 player?
  19. birdsong_pawn Augur

In the most recent expansions, a single player can request non-raid (task or mission) instances. I believe this started with the TDS expansion. This was a good change: It makes more sense than forcing people to bug general chat to get two people to join their group for a minute.

I would guess that the resistance to adding AoCs to live servers has something to do with Ye Olde Vision of keeping EQ challenging. I like the fact that EQ is challenging. However, competing for old raid content with the antagonist from the South Park WoW episode is not what I have in mind.
  20. yosco Augur

Of course, DBG arguably should remove AoCs entirely from the TLPs.. you know.... since legacy = no AoCs to carry you through progression.

Alternatively, my preference would be that AoCs be added to Live so that everyone has an opportunity to enjoy the time and effort it took to code it.
    Raccoo and birdsong_pawn like this.