Remove the level 85 start on the new November TLP server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EEpromm, Oct 12, 2019.

1. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Unless this is just some kind of event server like quarm then the 85 start is a bad play imo. Leave all those expansions open but everyone starts at level 1 and has to earn their way.
    I feel like it will be a massive flop with everyone starting at 85 but would be a hit if people had to level on their own with so many zones and possibilities. Maybe I just don't understand the purpose of it. Enlighten me if someone understands why that that server would be somehow interesting. I guess worst case it will be a useful server to log in and create a toon on to test ideas and classes for other real servers :)
  2. AcemoneyFV Augur

Why would you even come here and post this? You know it's not happening. Go play on a server you like. :rolleyes:
    FubarEQ and Skuz like this.
  3. EEpromm Lorekeeper

You're probably right but if there's any chance at all it would be before it's released. They did make changes to the mangler/selo setups based on feedback pre-release.

4. Kragin Augur

Wat?

This is the best thing they have done since mayong, begone krono farmer
  5. Rayvorn Elder

Umm...no thank you, While this "may" be exciting for some at launch, what about 6 months from now? You get to be level 1 while everyone else is 90-95 with aa's? Then this server becomes like every other TLP on the server where no one will want to play and catch up. Also they have made like 7 servers where you start at level 1, I am pretty sure most EQ players know what it is like to level from 1-50. Many people have never touched the expansions this late in the series and that should be the focus. Making people level to 90 just to start leveling AA's will make this a dead server on launch.

Anyhow with the layoffs and background drama with lack of information, I wouldn't be surprised if this server is getting delayed anyways.
    Delphwind likes this.
  6. Febb Augur

No. Terrible idea. Next!
    Delphwind and Skuz like this.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It launches with Mercs, Defiant Armor, and TSS already unlocked. The leveling process is just tedium at that point until you hit 65+.

I hope they make the 85 start free on Live after this and make a new Heroic 105 template to purchase but I doubt it.
    Delphwind, Gherig, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is not for the "old" eq players - this is purely meant to draw in those players who want to start a game with shooting/killing and 85 levels closer to the top with no work. They do not want to take the time to start at level 1. They are entitled (smelling some sarcasm there?) to not have to slog thru all those levels.

About 80% of the new players to the game quit around level 80 or wherever that bad slow down is so I think it will draw in a lot more players cause they think they will be "up and ready"

Then the little lizard guys, friendly looking dogs will make mincemeat out of them in Feerrrot. Oh, and those apes? Nuh un - you don't go national geographic on those apes.
  9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This is actually useful feedback. Please do this.
    Delphwind and Skuz like this.
  10. Greensealilly Journeyman

Should get some nice trophies just for logging in. Participation awards. :p

CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Midnitewolf Augur

You talking about removing the one thing that makes this server interesting. I mean I have started from level 1 on two different TLPs so far, the last thing I want to do is start over from scratch again on yet another TLP. Honestly the only reason I am even considering the new server is because I can start at level 85 and experience content I haven't played before.

The only downside I can see, many, MANY people, including myself are going to be totally clueless on what the hell to do or even where to start on a level 85 character meaning it is going to be a total Charlie Foxtrot (clusterflock) on day one.
    Skuz, Yinla and code-zero like this.
  12. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Have played from level one on several TLP myself but have also created the 85 heroic chars both free during promos on other servers and paid and it really removes something from the game (for me). The fact that it would have a bunch of content open would make leveling from 1 a lot more interesting and there would be loads of others doing the same. I guess it's just not my flavor but I can understand why it would appeal to some. I just kinda have doubts it will be many since it's really not much different than the many times they have had free heroic chars for the other servers.
  13. Frottage Journeyman

Your still have no money krono farming will be a thing . classic gear will be useless .
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its different for sure. At this point who knows if they have plans for other mature tlp. But a level 85 start effectively kills every server once this hits live.
  15. Metapsyche Augur

I have to assume they’ll be no transfer from the new 85 start server, or - improving heroics in the near future.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

I mean nobody will join other servers if they get aocs and a level 85 start. Literally this server will be the one server to rule them all.

There is no newbie scene on live. It is simply something to "get through. " And a 85 start server does that real well.

Well I take that back, FV is still unique. So there will be FV, this tlp, and all those other servers...
    FubarEQ and Delphwind like this.
  17. MarttinPH Augur

I really like this kind of idea. However from a developer's point of view it has some drawbacks.
    1. They don't have they resources to take away from other projects to create level 105 character templates.
    2. Everyone starting out at 85 without restriction would make it impossible for new or returning players to participate in the tutorial in its current form.
    3. From a money making viewpoint, I believe the Heroic characters still have a non-negligible effect on the company's revenue stream.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Midnitewolf Augur

I don't know that I agree. I came back to EQ specifically because I craved that old school experience where people had to come together and group to accomplish things in game. Unfortunately even on the TLPs that old school experience doesn't really exist anymore due to them being so top heavy combined with all the boxing/soloing that goes on, but that is why I started back to EQ and on a TLP and for no other reason. That being the case, I am sure there are a ton of people out there like me, who have been absent from EQ a decade or more that will make their way back and be drawn to starting out in classic at level one.

As for the level 85 start, that is kind of a novelty for me as I have never had a character past level 66 so I am curious about the new content. Also as a player frantically struggling to catch up to most of the Selo server, playing a game designed for groups, while rarely being able to get a group, I am interested in the new server because it places me on equal footing with everyone. Also because it launches with Mercs, the lack of groups shouldn't be a major an issue as I find it now.
  19. Derresh Augur

I wonder if that bug on TLP launches where new characters sometimes start with extra bags due to server stress on character creation is gonna happen on this server. Seeing people enter with like 150k plat instead of 15k will be interesting, probably for the best they start these heroics with 0 plat or else i have a feeling the economy will be destroyed in the first 5 minutes.
  20. Midnitewolf Augur

Honestly, since your given anything anyway, starting out with zero plat kind of make sense. I mean what is there to even buy on the 1st day?