Are Zerkers able to tank group content at higher levels?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Azmandius, Jun 26, 2019.

1. ShadowMan Augur

A good chunk! Would guess the jump from group to raid cleave is 2% more passive critical rate and you're talking 100 more base damage on the weapon. Thats roughly going from EoK group 2h to TBL group 2h.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Raid arms 51 cleave.
    Grp arms 38 cleave.

30 min parse for Raid Zerk zero buffs nothing.. simply auto attacking..
    /GU Combat Dummy Azia in 1748s, 88348k @50542 | #1 Thotep 69128k@39547 (39547 in 1748s)

10 min parse ranger buffs and battle leap..
    /GU Combat Dummy Azia in 626s, 63204k @100965 | #1 Thotep 55571k@88771 (88771 in 626s)

30 min parse for Group geared zerk zero buffs nothing..
    /GU Combat Dummy Azia in 1747s, 70507k @40359 | #1 Hylnn 53359k@30542 (30560 in 1746s)

10 min parse ranger buffs and battle leap..
    /GU Combat Dummy Azia in 625s, 54277k @86843 | #1 Hylnn 44566k@71305 (71305 in 625s)

So roughly 20% is the dps increase from raid to grp content just via the Raid arms alone. When all thing's equal.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Just so ya know bro.
  4. Brohg Augur

51 & 38 are the extra damage adds, literally just 13 damage per swing. The functional difference is group cleave being Cleave VII, versus raid being Cleave IX. Raid Cleave IX exists all the way down to 5 & even no bonus damage - it would still produce nearly every iota of increase you parsed.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

Did I not say that when I said about 20% difference between them ?
  6. Whulfgar Augur

I mean by my post is that not what came across ? Did anyone mistake it for some thing else ?
  7. Brohg Augur

Including that difference, and not including the other, obfuscates the point. It's misleading as to what's relevant.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Thanks for the parse. I think I'm more curious about how much impact it had on a properly or even mediocrely played berserker in a typical fight. Is it going to be 20% or does it not scale as cleanly as autoattack?
  9. Brohg Augur

DPS of nearly all spam buttons is boosted with crit% since they make more melee-type hits. Phantom isn't, Covenant isn't, Bolstered Frenzy Strike isn't... I think that's it? Everything else I can think of is melee hits. But you can check your own logs to see how much non-melee damage you're getting that wouldn't be boosted
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

I do not think it would scale as cleanly due to any such ADPS (sham / bard / insert others) as well as how often they crit against each other's crits .. Then take into account as well which is going to proc more .. which has better trophies .. which has higher / if not all DPS aa's .. all that jazz.

So as I said, I do not think it will scale cleanly. I know that when I am boxing the zerker pushing the button's as fast as I can (altho at times they are not pressed .. again boxing 7 toons with only alt / tabbing) an my zerker hits any thing from 275k sustained (when boxing) to 325k sustained (when I play him alone an keep everything locked down button press wise)