Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dzarn, Sep 30, 2019.

1. code-zero Augur

Okay let me explain this to you.
    I main a bard and he has a badass wizard sidekick who follows him around everywhere he goes.
    One day I fumbled an alt/tab and performed a snare/fade split using the wizard.
    This was because A Hole In Space and Fading Memories are on the same hotbutton bar as are the hotkey for my bards snare and the wizards Atoll's Shackles AA
    The split worked BETTER because I snare 4 instead of just one and the 5th mob came on toward me as I hit fade.
    I analyzed what happened and realized that there were definitely situations where the wizard could split better because of having tools like evac that the bard didn't
    Yeah, I occasionally performed wizard splits from time to time but I knew it was screwed up and ultimately an exploit.

You could still do this however with a 10 minute reuse and a hefty mana cost it's very unlikely that anyone is going to burn an escape just for a pull. the 2 1/2 minute refresh was just fine to break a camp BTW
  2. NemesisOfSeth New Member

Actually depending on the zone, mob level, and mob type, changes how you pull or why one would kite. The only other option when you CAN'T use CT is to leave the zone at times, in one form or another. Booting mobs also drops aggro fairly well but isn't very practical when you are messing around in zones no one else is in. killing 1 to 100 plus mobs at a time of all color cons / levels is part of the fun in the game by just mowing them down to see what your character is really capable off. Yes, many rangers are "lazy" from your perspective and my own, but being lazy isn't the issue. The understanding of how there character works simply isn't there since most player just power level to max level, without really understanding the fundamentals of there class. (Head shot or just using your bow isn't using your ranger to its max abilities) My ranger can perform almost every classes special abilities in some form or another. Mezzing, Haste, Tanking, Healing, DPS, FD, Slowing, Mana buff's, Pulling, Lock picking, and so on and so forth. Just to be clear lets just go into mezzing for a deeper explanation of what i mean. I don't care to explain in detail how a ranger can do all these things and more at a fraction of the real abilities of say an enchanter. an example of mezzing for a ranger would be parking a mob and just doing general crowed control... Yes, items gather over the years exist that actually allow you to literally mezz mobs as well and every single class can charm if they spend the time to figure out how to do this, but i don't want to go into all that. I am not a serious player and I spend most of my time just messing around and realistically my ranger has no need for groups since he can tank, pull, cc, buff, dps, heal & solo mobs just fine on his own ever since i started in 1999. Groups are vastly more ... well they used to be vastly more enjoyable, when you had full servers. My ranger is 105 (I don't own the level 110 expansion so he is currently capped ) and is able to solo (No Merc Needed) / tank red cons with no problems. My point is CT makes it enjoyable, and when your actually in a group. CT makes it safer and faster to pull and grind mobs, in fact it often a great tool for a lot of other fun things besides pulling. Elongating the timer, makes CT vastly less useful and less enjoyable Vs a 90% chance of it working. I understand they are trying to keep the power balance out there between classes & i honestly don't care which class is the best or strongest I am just interested in which class suits me best and is most enjoyable to play. Which goes back to my point killing the fun factor on any class isn't good business, but it is what it is. I would like to add using HS isn't fun vs tanking casting and booting mob. If your a ranger that lives by your bow then, you should invest time in learning your class to see what your really capable of.:p long Live EVERQUEST! and death to rotten Twinkieso_O
    PCSS likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Your right I'm suppressing ideas and speech 23 pages later of mostly unconstructive posts of pitchforks and torches with no constructive feedback provided other than your taking my stuff. A horrible plan was laid out to the community and we posted, a handful with quality feedback, probably several behind the scenes PM's also. It was changed after considering the feedback.

Being able to use it every 5 minutes was not OP:oops: . Did the exploit police have to specifically come out and tell you that was wrong? How many other things has Daybreak come and said were not intended or exploits years after they were live? Didn't see much sympathy when Hybrid disc extensions were halved. But oh ...there were plenty people saying it was a bug and exploit so you will get your nerf and like it. There was no discussion or even consideration unlike we had here.

It was a legit pulling tool for many classes also.:rolleyes: yep that was completely intended right?

Oh no the sky has fallen....whatever.
    PCSS likes this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Since '15? No. How about since 2010. I've had balefire burst longer than you had fade at the time we received balefire.

You're owed nothing. All you're cheering is the nerf to random classes, and it has zero impact on you whatsoever. We are never going back to the days of "pullers".
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

You keep saying that and yet Dzarn specifically mentioned pulling in the OP

Consider some of the other changes, riposte nerfed, the bard directional AE's have been nerfed. I'm thinking that they don't want people engaging swarms of mobs going forward. The days of a tank engaging a dozen mobs at a time is what's more likely to be over
  6. NeverPayForLag Augur

Thank you for telling me that succor does not clear aggo. And i always wondered why it failed again. If not clearing the aggro is intended then this is one of the worst crap ever. It is bad enough to not rely on standard ports and the HIGHEST level because some are randomly not get ported. Understanding that at Level 10 or so makes sense, but not at the top. Succor was always the emergency button. Now it is nearly useless except as a port which is rarely needed. There are things which have nothing to do with balance or fun in a game. These things should never get a "correcting" touch!
    PCSS likes this.
  7. kizant Augur

It's a recent bug with dots and they do know about it.
  8. smash Augur

Wrong, it will then effect mobs that are higher levels, who also smarter(except for ogres), and to overcome that, you need to purr more mana/endurance into it to overcome the mobs abilities.

Before the cost was that you needed to spend AA to learn the abilities, and then it was rather cheap, except for bards, now the cost is when you use the abitlity..
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wrong, I was talking about non level expansions.

When there is no level increase it costs more for the same thing.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Don't abuse it and you don't run out of resources? Or accept it like the Mass TL nerf. At this point its going to happen so start planning.
    PCSS likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Already started TLP House of Thule server is looking more and more appealing! :) But as a beast not a wizzy. :)
  12. smash Augur

And so, as some mentioned same %, and your mana regen also gone up.
  13. OldSchoolGames New Member

I love how much chaos goes into patches like this..... I'm getting the popcorn to watch the show
    PCSS likes this.
  14. kizant Augur

[IMG]
  15. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Can DBG fix the stacking issues with the cleric cast benediction of sanctity line of spells. That would be an awesome fix if only the highest level of that whole spell line landed on a player instead of 3 + versions.
    PCSS likes this.
  16. Greymantle Augur

Ok here's a issue. I used the new cover tracks last night. Got the following message..
    "You failed to escape from combat but you evade some of your opponets. LOADING PLEASE WAIT"
    One mob on aggro, I did NOT lose aggro. This is 100% ?
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Yinla like this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Was it over 5 levels higher than you?
    Szilent likes this.
  18. NemesisOfSeth New Member

I have a better issue, now that i have to wait 10 min instead of 3 i can't drop agro let cleric die and re-drop agro due to 10 min timer length. If this is 100% escape as in intended to save your life and not for pulling. Can't you also make it so the cleric also drops agro so it doesn't re agro you with the mobs that are killing it after it dies? Just to be clear making the cleric get suspended is not saving its life or yours its killing your cleric, just in case you had some nutty ideas. With your cleric down your lefet open to re-ago mobs and die due to escaping with no mana, all abilities on timers cooling off and zero to 5% heath, if the clerci was alive at leave while it was oom it can still heal 1 dang time shortly after oom to give you a chance of making out of a bad situation. I had a higher life expectancy rate with my 3 min timer and 90% chance, this doesn't seem to do its job as intended but that's my perspective. I am sure other might disagree since there are distinct advantages to dropping agro on my ranger and letting the cleric hold the agro so you can do things which are clearly not the intended use of the little button so i wont go into it. (105 Ranger)
  19. Greymantle Augur

Hmm good point , forgot about that. Was red so possible.
    PCSS likes this.