Hardest Raids in EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zurril, Oct 9, 2019.

1. bbanz Elder

I recall the original Deathknell's Enforcers being rough. The DPS check was a bit much...
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

bbanz likes this.
  3. Zunnoab Augur

It's interesting seeing The Kar`Zok there, unless they nerfed it before I saw it. The event at first seems overwhelming, but the six can be snared and kited, meaning only 2.5 things need to be tanked at once. I say 2.5 because the beetle isn't hard to tank and just has to die before it can get its AE off, and the Reaper AE can be ranged while fighting the others. You only need three shields, so putting the event into fire mode (Reaper more than 5% under the Snowblaze but not more than 40% under) makes it not so bad, once you know how. Then once the Snowblaze hits 39% the Reaper can die and the event is a win barring something silly going catastrophically wrong.

I suppose if you take it head on though, tanking all six, balancing and having both emote types go off, then it would be significantly harder though.

Other than the achievements seeming to suggest they thought it's easier to balance them, I actually like that event's design because it gives the players many options as far as how to tackle it. Then again maybe the achievement is a hint, if I'm not incorrectly remembering it.
  4. Tevik Augur

It may not have held up as many guilds for as long, but I remember taking a ridiculous number of attempts at Grunkuck the Beast pre-fixes. The tanking/healing requirement on those two mobs was ridiculous (if you didn't use any shenanigans).
  5. Maedhros High King

I can never give much consideration for the old raids being thought of as very hard when the entire event mechanic could be summed up to simply healing the main tank for as long as it took to beat it with very few other things going on. There was a time Avatar of War was one of the most difficult events in EQ and all it was was a tank and spank.
    Even with the knowledge that those events were hard at the time I cannot even begin to consider putting an event like that on the Hardest raids in EQ post in 2019.
    Axxius, Allayna and Zunnoab like this.
  6. Tevik Augur

I think the only raid that would fall into that category mentioned in this thread so far though was Quarm, no?
  7. Allayna Augur

No one remembers 12 hour RC raids huh?