So WHEN will the autobots be addressed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinny4Life, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Machen New Member

There is a reason they have all but given it the official OK on live. Truebox is supposed to be a different matter, for better or worse. Everyone knew automation was against the rules and would be dealt with if caught, when they signed on to truebox. It is extremely explicit in the FAQS etc. If they are just going to throw up their hands and say, "We can't do anything because we'd lose too many subscribers" then they should never have gone down the truebox road in the first place.
    Aneuren and Phinny4Life like this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

You actually don't need to ban everyone. Much like in real life if you set some examples then people make different decisions.

Banning egregious botters is far better than banning nobody just to be "fair".
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. VorgeVephyrson New Member

How many accounts do you pay for a month?
    How many does the botter pay for?

From a business perspective it is far more likely that the complainers will get banned than the botters.
  4. Tierdal Augur

These darn autobots, transformers, robots in disguise!
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Perfect.
  6. Dawdle Augur

If there's Evil Bots
    in your neighborhood
    who you going to call?

Yoshimi... She is expensive though.
  7. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Holly & co say they are looking into the issue of bots.

However, she also says we will talk about this when we are ready.
    Which pretty much means go crawl in a ditch, filthy casual.

There you go customer service at it's finest. :D
  8. northstar Augur

That's Half true, the real issue is mega corporations digging there claws in gaming, and with china looking to cyber infiltrate us up the shiner, hahaha we might as well kiss quality gaming good bye ten years ago...
  9. Meridian Augur

Sometimes no answer is an answer. It has been made abundantly clear that they do not care.
    taliefer likes this.
  10. EQStoptheH8 New Member

Considering there are so many cry babies and whiners on each TLP server I don't want to communicate and group with others. 9x out of 10 my group doesn't even talk to me anyways. Y'all try and act like this community is the same as it was 20 years ago... it's not. Let us box, bot, and shut the f up.
  11. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Well, I can see why nobody wants to talk to you.
    Gana and Machen like this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

No, what it means is that they don't want to give out too much information for the programmers of those things to start working around things. Just because they don't tell you everything they are doing every step of the way doesn't mean nothing is happening.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. taliefer Augur

i dont think anyone is asking for details of whatever plan they (might) be working on. but theres a lot of room between that, and the 1 canned PR speak quote we have gotten.

because im sorry, its blatantly obvious when you see one person controlling a raids worth of characters. there shouldnt NEED to be a plan to handle that. so i believe they dont plan to do anything about it, which is quite disheartening.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

"Remember Jerry, it's only Truebox if you believe it."
    oldkracow likes this.
  15. Xeris Augur

Let the 80 boxer do his thing. It's such an impressive feat. I'm not even being sarcastic. If one dude can automate an entire raid worth of characters to kill top raid mobs in era and actually win some DPS races, that's honestly commendable.

Van everyone else tho !
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

While yes that persons ability to program / setup that level of automation is a great feat.

You can say the same thing about anyone who used automation / hacking / dupes or exploits for past events or future events. Why bother to enforce anything then.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

'Sup, Authority!
  18. Gottar New Member

Anyone else notice there are no new “rampant botting all over the place” complaints threads started the past week?

This thread can be closed now.
    The reason:

A lot of accounts where suspended/banned last week for botting.

I’m actually surprised they haven’t announced it here, but I suppose it could be a policy or whatever.
    Bottomline is this has been taken care of.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

I, and many others, would definitely like some announcement that perps were banned but what I do know for sure is they were locking these threads on the forums.
  20. taliefer Augur

they havent announced it because its not true