Original EQ

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shandrillar, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Shandrillar New Member

Are there any servers that don't use the tutorial zone and that newbie zone?
    I would like to see a server where the original starting cities and zones aren't ghost towns.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

This is the nature of EQ in 2019. On live servers, players can opt to spawn in their home cities (not Crescent) but there would likely be nobody there either except maybe some farmers or folks PLing new alts.

On TLP servers the home cities stay busy for a few weeks. But they empty out pretty quickly as people level up and the server quickly becomes top-heavy level-wise.

The game simply isn't new anymore, the xp grind isn't as vicious as it used to be, and new players don't quickly trickle into any new servers after a certain point.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oakenblade is right. Even TLP servers that start with busy home city zones end up empty in a very short period of time. There are some that constantly move to the newest TLP server and start all over again and these folks get out of the low levels pretty fast.

TLP will be the closest to old EQ you can get BUT you have to subscribe and these servers are where most of the Real Money Transactions happen along with the accompanying negative gameplay it encourages.

TLP may still be the answer for you but you may have to wait a while. The next one is starting at level 85 so home cities will still be ghost towns. If one starts after that at level 1 then for a few weeks to a month or two the home cities might be pretty busy.

Try the newest TLP server already going and see how it goes.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

Free to play doesn't even let you choose to spawn in the original cities, either, unless I missed something. I don't remember why I had a third account up recently where I saw that, but I definitely noticed it.