Shadowstep Doesn't Work (let's get this over with)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tucoh, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Tucoh Augur

Please change all shadowstep AAs to force AAs like Furious Leap.

[13512/33512] Furious Leap I
    Classes: WAR/254 BER/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Push: 12' Up: 2'
    This ability, when activated, allows you to leap forward a short distance.

Otherwise, this is how everyone will look.

[IMG]

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...0-08-2019-patch-notes-and-discussions.259797/
    Zolmaz Zo'Boto and Axel like this.
  2. kizant Augur

That's not a bad idea but the only classes that should have an extra bonus like that are Necros, SKs, and Wizards. They're the only real shadow step classes. Everyone else should have a 2nd or 3rd rate version for being unoriginal and copying abilities from others.
  3. svann Augur

If you want a good jump get a Steamjet Pack
    Sirene_Fippy and Whulfgar like this.
  4. Brohg Augur

war/ber version is incompatible with levitate, I think that would displease most
    Tucoh and Nniki like this.
  5. Nniki Augur

Pfft. Bards can shadowstep their entire group.
    Skuz, niente and Zunnoab like this.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

I decided to do this on April Fool's Day when doing the Rain of Fear-flavor NToV. I sent someone from the Plane of Mischief mini-castle, where we were fighting a dragon, all the way into Vulak. We then had to kite the three or so remaining dragons while we finished them off. Oops...

I remember it taking me from the bard guild hall in Shar Vahl all the way down into the pit too. You can't exactly abuse the song since it's random and can only go straight or down, but its reach is hilarious.
    Nniki likes this.
  7. Derresh Augur

I like the current way furious leap works because you can combo it with rocket boots to get to cool spots, changing it to a blink will probably not allow that cool feature anymore.
  8. Horyuken Augur

Not familiar with other classes. However! Monk shadow step shouldn't break invis, makes it useless as a tool to speed up traveling.
  9. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Any jagged terrain will stop shadowstep where it inclines up. Furious leap does generally propel you a little higher, especially if you jump ahead of the leap kicking in, you still won't achieve maximum distance on an incline. I've found that both wizard and warrior lines have been adequate enough to fulfill their general function.
    Brohg likes this.
  10. shiftie Augur

Please leave my leap abilities as they are. Considering we have both I don’t need leap of faith nerfed kkthxbye
  11. shiftie Augur

Hot key the alt act and the potion key into 1 button?
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Please! Do this during Shei when your group is kiting adds. You want to join my group? Better have your ship together.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Hey guys I'm back from the future, here's me using my new furious leap ability.
    [IMG]
  14. Koryu Professional Roadkill

To be fair, that can happen using the original Furious Leap. Buncha fat floating jerks getting in the way sometimes on raids.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Just change the Warrior and berserker ones to match everyone else’s. Not the other way around.

Everyone else’s forward shadowstep abilities work well with levitate which everyone should always have on. GFlux abilities don’t work at all with levitates on and are therefore dumb.
  16. eqgamer Augur

Tie an insta invis to your newly found step.
  17. Fire_Wiz New Member

You guys got an extra chromosome or something? Never, ever, ever-ever post anything class-related on the forums. Been living under a rock since 2014?

Wishes, gripes, hopes, general queries; they're dangerous. (It's over with).
  18. Tucoh Augur

Hey guys here's a vid of my warrior after the new patch

[IMG]
  19. Derresh Augur

20. Rowanoak Elder

This has been a very terrible change, its absolutely useless now, it was great just the way it was, I really don't understand the need to change this one.
    Is there a reason?
    Was it just too game breaking?
    Is it for server performance?
    It is worded as if all classes got improvements to their leaps, I guess that's just everyone except war/zerk
    Derresh likes this.