Grats FU

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Tanols Augur

Probably is one of the most gratifying wins in recent EQ history for me .... grats to all in Fu for earning it.
    Zurril, Cuuthbert, Havanap and 6 others like this.
  2. Xeladom Augur

3. Bigstomp Augur

I see Duder liking a lot of posts in this thread. Next up, Casuals!
  4. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

5. Littlelegs Elder

6. Zvenn Just an old monk

congrats!
    Cuuthbert, Verily Tjark and Duder like this.
  7. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

Thanks for all the kind words folks! The reason I am still playing and this game has survived, is our community!

A couple quick things for the guilds still looking to beat this raid.

If you have made it to the point you can request this raid, you most likely have everything needed to get the win.

Do not worry about the event timer, your initial goal needs to be seeing the 25% transition as much as possible!

Concentrate on getting better at the mechanics and making the transition at each phase.

If you are not getting to 25% on a regular basis, then use your burns after the 50% transition.

25% is crazy and messy when you first get there, but everything that happens you have seen before!

A lot of classes have the ability to do multiple things but there are some raids where I call back to basics. This raid falls into that category with 1 exception. Tanks tank, healers keep their group up and everyone that has a bane BANES!

I suggest people have hot keys for bane. You can always make 2 for the bane type, 1 for mephit and 1 for sentinel.

It does not matter how many bane mobs spawn with the mechanics, if some are up BANE them. Everyone hits Mephits and sometimes your hallway group might need a hand on the Sentinels.

Do not get discouraged about casting and not getting the bane damage, there appears to be a little delay on how often a bane can hit.

For hallway moves get everyone the same color coded maps and provide triggers for them.

Every raid force is different and you know yours better than I ever will, but feel free to reach out and chat if you want. And yes if you want to take a look at my triggers, you can have them too.

Eyashusa
    Mediik, Cuuthbert, Gundolin and 7 others like this.
  8. Jondalar Augur

Congorats!
  9. Kuaamil Elder

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.

I'm so triggered
    Scornfire, Verily Tjark and Duder like this.
  10. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Nice job! Still a big accomplishment!
    Cuuthbert, Duder and Verily Tjark like this.
  11. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Grats dudez.

I will see If can finally 4 box this soon maybe with a druid healer. I will take lots of potions with me however. I think that will workout :D
    Verily Tjark and Duder like this.
  12. Yimin Augur

Happy to see Bristlebane at the top of servers again with first three raids wins off the newest content !

YiMin
    Verily Tjark and Duder like this.
  13. 123Jimbob New Member

YIMIN! I MISS YOU! XOXOXO Please say your still around!
    Sheex and Duder like this.
  14. 123Jimbob New Member

This deserved its own post.
    Gratz guys on the meratas win!
    As hard as the raid is. You have to admit the boss has nice sneakers!
  15. Aldryn Another New Member

Congrats! Well done :)
  16. Nedrom Augur

Way to go!
    Cuuthbert, Duder and Verily Tjark like this.
  17. LostSoul Lorekeeper

Congratulations ladies and gentleman.
    Cuuthbert and Duder like this.
  18. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Good work guys. To bad I wasn't there to enjoy the victory...but I was busy enjoying my new life :D
    Cuuthbert, Leigo and Duder like this.
  19. FawnTemplar Augur

Congrats!!
    Cuuthbert and Duder like this.
  20. Cuuthbert Augur

Thank you all so much, it was an amazing feeling, I believe my wife could hear the discord screams of jubilation through my headset 3 rooms away.

Note for bards and bane and some may already know.
    AE Stun -
    Denon's Bereavement
    level 59 was a great find, I never knew that had a stun component to it. great for breeze.
    /stopsong
    /melody 2 2 (Denon's is my second spell Gem)

AE Slow Snare - Selo's Assonant Strain level 54 amazing for Flame and Animated
    /stopsong
    /melody 4 4 (strain is in my 4th spell gem)

For mez would recommend using single target mez with a macro:
    /stopsong
    /pause 1, /tar a_rock
    /melody 11 11 (
    Slumber of Jembel
    ) is my 11th gem slot.
    Hopefully someone is damaging the mez mob because the banes don't land as affectively if there is still a mez on the mob.

For the AE ones, I just make a macro that melodies the ae song I want instead of just letting it pulse on its own because it will cycle the songs faster. Each has its own based on what shows up in the Extended Target Window and knowing raid make up which mobs tend to get baned by the rest of the raid.

and bards if you find yourself in a hallway group your endurance gets drained but not your mana so cycling Tshap's Insult and Sathir's insult will really help getting the Sentinel under 90%

Sharing is Caring and Happy hunting
    Duder likes this.