Looking for raid tips on Esianti: Contract of War

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Fian Augur

My raid force hasn't been able to solve this raid yet. On Feather, sometimes we get 3 people in one group that needs a corruption cure, and if the healer casts a group heal, he gets hit for something like 360k and dies. How do raid forces handle this cure challenge?

Also, to help others working on this raid, here are the cure triggers:

Feather:
    Self: The nilborien gouges your flesh; you bleed copiously
    Others: {S} is bleeding from a deep gouge

Radiant Fog:
    Self: A breeze enters your lungs, fades, taking your breath with it
    Others: {S} is strangled by a suffocating breeze
  2. Nniki Augur

Feather:

Announce in group when need cure. Single target cures. Multiple group members can help cure. Hybrids can help heal their groups when healers/curers are curing. Can use Glyph of Dragon Scales if you need to.

[47467] Gouging Strike
    Target: Single
    Range: 1200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 255105 per tick
    2: Cast: Gouging Strike Quietus on Curer
    3: Increase Corruption Counter by 16

[47468] Gouging Strike Quietus
    Target: Single
    Range: 1200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Stun for 3.5s
    2: Decrease Current HP by 125000
    3: Decrease Current Mana by 5000
    4: Decrease Current Endurance by 5000
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Splashing/Group Cures are the right way to handle the DoT at Radiant Fog Evening. Doing the same at Feather Silver Sheen is basically a Death Touch to the person casting the cure. You have to handle Feather's DoT with individual cures.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Maedhros High King

You only do it once a week so paladin splashes at the bird and then slaps an expedient recovery at the end of the raid. /hugs Paugina!
    sojero likes this.
  5. Nniki Augur

Suicidal paladins are the best.
    sojero and Maedhros like this.
  6. Raccoo Augur

Balance bosses, less people are dotted.
    Single corruption cures, as was said in this thread, and multiple threads on these forums (for real, read other class forums sometimes).
    Druids, Bards, Clerics, have cures that will cure singles quick.
    For shaman I posted in the Priest forum months ago.
  7. Conq Augur

Single target cures, with curees making a hotkey to /tell their favorite curer. I don't bother with requests for cures in discord, group, raid, /gu, /ooc at all - tells only.
    Conq
  8. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

If you have a beefy Pally and can put him with a cleric and a shaman for HP aura, as long as the clerics(s) hit him with Dissident before he splashes he should be able to survive, it's a fun way to do it, but even a well geared Pally comes dangerously close to poofing

Alternatively, if you have a few bards there, they can help with the curing so heals don't lapse
  9. Cadira Augur

For feather, we have ginas that show/tell us who needs a cure around us. If the healer recognizes one of those members are in their group, they single target cure them. I think most of the healers are druids since shaman have a hard time with st cures. Bard works great too instead, as long as the healer can keep him alive through the cures. We have one of the two clerics in the tank group on that side responsible for curing when needed (using Pristine blood, lvl 80 something corruption cure) and the other continuing to heal the mt. I also tell the non curing cleric as well as myself if I'm the curer to throw out splashes to outweigh some of the damage done by the dot or the cure shortly after the dots go out. A great rythm is: cure, splash/group heal, cure, group heal, cure, group heal...etc. suicidal paladin certainly works but...seems awfully one sided to the poor pally!

Fog: real simple, avoid auras and have pally twin splash when cures are needed and huddle up.

Sunshine: don't know this side well, but think she just throws out a nasty dot that can't be cured. Otherwise straight forward?
  10. Raccoo Augur

Has frontal/backal AEs. Avoid white auras. High magic resist.
    Cadira likes this.
  11. Zunnoab Augur

Your exact method will depend on your roster. I'd imagine a roster with few bards/paladins/enchanters would have a terrible time with feather. For us, paladins usually are assigned to cure each group on feather. For other rosters, it will be different. We use a GINA trigger to see everyone that is hit too. If I see a bunch of people in another group hit at once, I send my cure their way (if we have enough charmers to spare).

Also, the word charm isn't in this topic. You DO know to charm the adds and send them on feather, right? They usually die very quickly. Sometimes so quickly that I've killed two if someone else got a charm resist. They can be charmed before they go aggro. Keep arcane disjunction (however you spell it) down. The shaman one might be suicide? Sometimes they bug out a bit. If they don't die, pull them off feather for a moment and then send them again.

If you have very few charmers, you can assign specific spawns to individual people (we do not do this, but it's an option).
    (Devs, please don't make me regret giving this advice and hide the numbers from the /tar command. People don't like the rug being pulled from under them, and for forces hurting for numbers individual assignments help tremendously.)
    (Substitute the real spelling)
    /tar a_nilborien_whateveritscalled00
    /tar a_nilborien_whateveritscalled01
    /tar a_nilborien_whateveritscalled02

(Random trivia: mobs CAN have spaces in the name. This happens in Meldrath's Mansion on Brinda for one example. Most of the time it's "_" but not always!)

I think that's the most that spawn at once, but I'm not sure.

When we were low on paladins one day, we used bards to cure. But we are graced with many bards (which is amazing), so we still had enough enchanters/bards to charm even with bards curing that time.

Also, Sunshine is MUCH easier to tank than the others. It's so much easier, one day we realized our SKs can handle it.

Basically, it seems to me, fog is the hardest to tank. Feather has the most unforgiving mechanics. Sunshine is by far the easiest.

The auras, obviously, you can move in an organized manner to deal with on sunshine and fog.

Edit:
    I don't know if it's been said and my break is over, but most caster dps should be on fog and pure melee should be on sunshine.
  12. Lianeb Augur

I think you would find a lot more in the expac your knights could tank efficiently if you looked.....like all of it
  13. Metapsyche Augur

Bards can help cure too. We generally stack the crap out of sheen for curing, and I typically explode at the end because my cure team always seems to “forget” to cure around 1%... jerks.
  14. Laronk Augur

I'm not well geared yet so I end up getting sacrificed. We place 1 paladin at fog to splash it then any other paladins end up at sheen. We're light on clerics but we try to get bards to single target cure and shamans to cure their groups. As a paladin I will cast my group cure if anyone got caught by it in my group (I have a gina trigger) then I will splash. I try not to glyph for the first 50%, if a bard is actually helping out and people are doing group cures I won't die. If I also get the dot and someone else in my group gets the dot, wait for the dot tick to hit you and hit either HOP or if its down the RR melee disc that does a group heal then group cure or hit purify first on myself if all the other stuff is down there's also gift of life or LOH.

As a paladin sometimes I die a lot on this raid, its not a big deal. If your paladins are dying clerics should give them the quiet miracle if mars and rod are down so they can splash and die again =) Try to get an HP buff on them right away too.

Anyone in the raid who does get hit by the dot and can self cure with their classes version of purify should hit it.

Also other things you can do to help, as many shamans possible at sheen. Stack up very tight, some healer use alliance on the tank and keep it up, have everyone glyph at sheen at 50% or what ever % you're having trouble. Keep the mobs balanced, and bards really need to help cure.
  15. Lianeb Augur

We do this raid backwards from everyone else I think. We found it easier for melee to be on fog despite the melee penalty, and casters on the bird despite the penalty. Our reasoning was melee have to stack on the mob to do dps, and that allowed us to manage the aura’s at fog much easier. It might take us slightly longer to do because of the mitigation buffs they have, but it also made the raid more manageable for us as a whole.
    Doing this also moved our shaman away from the bird and the requirement to cure since their best cure for that is a group cure, and we end up with more single target curers on the bird
  16. Sancus Augur

Couldn't your casters have stacked on the mob?
    Cailen, Axxius and Zunnoab like this.
  17. Lianeb Augur

I would agree with you, but the reality was let me stand here to finish casting this one spell.....boom, now I got hit by the aura.
    We were never able to get easy breezy, changed the raid positions and got it first try, and have been doing it that way since cause it worked out for us.
    Allayna and Sancus like this.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

We very recently started using set spots to move on fog and got a single failed emote the first time and got the achievement the next. It's been on farm for many months, but just moving everyone each aura phase helped. As to people sitting there not moving to cast, voice chat directed at them fixed that after that one emote failure.

Perhaps, but our tanks are largely already in TBL/GMM gear. It is a different world going in without that.
  19. Lianeb Augur

It's not. We had Knights tanking stuff on day 1
    Cailen, Bigstomp and Allayna like this.
  20. Zunnoab Augur

In what gear? With or without glyphs? With events taking how long to beat with how much DPS? I'm sure surrounded by exceptional healers as well.

Yes, those things may be true, but for a lower/mid tier guild knowing that some of the bosses are harder or easier than the others is valuable information. I am not certain, but I highly suspect most raid forces need to account for those differences. It's especially more complicated considering the bar has been raised so much the last couple expansions pretty much only relatively strong guilds can function to begin with.

Even with General Reparm, the general himself and his Throne Guardians (together) are monsters to deal with on a level far beyond T1 in most expansions. That exceptional knights in exceptional guilds can tank it isn't going to be much consolation to a raid force getting absolutely demolished by the mobs.

I'm not saying your observation doesn't have merit. It's probably good for raids that can't field enough warriors to at least try putting knights in positions more often. But like it or not, not all raid forces are equal. The comment about not focusing on the mobs' weaknesses is yet another example of that. I'm sure some doing this event must exploit the weaknesses to even beat the timer. Sharing the alternate way you're used to doing it obviously has value too of course, to be clear I'm not contradicting that.

Now if you are saying you disagree Sunshine is the easiest to tank, by all means please correct me. If you mean it doesn't matter in a raid force that is already so strong, well of course. My only point was to highlight my impression that Sunshine < Feather < Fog when it comes to difficulty in tanking. If that's wrong, I do wish to be corrected.

This topic is about helping people who are having trouble with the event though. What a high concentration of exceptional players can accomplish is interesting, but unless you are disagreeing with my observation about the relative toughness of those bosses, or pointing out that knights actually are much closer to warriors when it comes to damage mitigation than in the past, I do not want to derail this further since it's beyond the scope of the event.
    Mithra likes this.