Glyph of Destruction vs. Intensity of the Resolute

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Boyboi, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Boyboi Elder

I'm wondering which of these is more powerful for an all-out 30-second burn. And also, am I correct in thinking that they do not stack with each other in any way?

Just wondering! Thanks y'all.
  2. Dewey Augur

They don't stack and I can't answer the other. I normally hit intensity first since it's free and no aas
  3. Tolzol Augur

They don’t stack and for first question that’s entirely dependent on what class you play.
  4. Boyboi Elder

I play a monk. Any idea on the answer for us?
  5. Tolzol Augur

If you have a shaman in group hitting epic when you burn, intensity would likely be best for the 55% increased hit dmg modifier. Although i am not a monk so would be better if one of them chime in.
  6. Brohg Augur

assembled this for a guild forum kinda recently, maybe help on Intensity
    tl;dr - Intensity conflicts with Auspice which you hopefully get during burns, and is superceded by Infusion of Thunder.

Group Bestial Alignment, Group Guardian of the Forest are not as strong, but provide most of its same benefit.

So ideally you run it out when Auspices have all run out and having arranged separate durations for GBA/GGF

It pairs well with non-Terrorpalm, non-Eye disciplines (Heel, Ironfist, Speedfocus), whichever isn't already getting to pair with Infusion of Thunder (Thunder is way better)
    gnomeboss and Tucoh like this.
  7. Brohg Augur

Glyph of Destruction, for monks, only overlaps with Ruchu you get from Shm. Run Glyph (2 min duration) in the gap between Ruchu & the next Ruchu (that gap is 2 minutes ;) ). There's no conflict per se, but the overlap means no benefit to having both on.
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. gnomeboss Augur

i've been looking for this distilled data for months. it's beautiful. thank you.

since we're here ... is this still accurate?

Code:
    Increase Melee Haste by X% - doesn't stack, highest % takes effect
    Increase Chance to Hit by X% - doesn't stack, highest % takes effect
    Increase Hit Damage by X% - doesn't stack, highest % takes effect
    Increase Min Hit Damage by X% - doesn't stack, highest % takes effect
    Increase Chance to Critial Hit by X% - doesn't stack, highest % takes effect
    Increase Critical Hit Damage by X% of Base Damage - stacks as long as not in same spell slot
    Increase Critical X Damage by Y% of Base Damage - doesn't stack, highest % takes effect
    Decrease Weapon Delay by X%(HHE) - doesn't stack, highest % takes effect
    Increase Chance to Flurry by X% - stacks as long as not in same spell slot
    Increase Chance to Triple Attack by X% - stacks as long as not in same spell slot
    Increase Hit Damage Bonus by X - doesnt stack, highest value takes effect
    Increase X Damage Bonus - doesnt stack, highest value takes effect
    Add Proc - stacks as long as not in same spell slot
    Increase Proc Rate by x% - doesn't stack, highest % takes effect
    Increase Hit Damage Taken by X% - stacks as long as not in the same spell slot
  9. Sancus Augur

I don't believe this is true anymore.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Boyboi Elder

Thanks a lot guys, so I'm gathering that Intensity really isn't much of a boost (for monks at least). Crazy how much data digging y'all are capable of.
  11. Brohg Augur

It is good, great even when other stuff isn't going on. Just when everyone around you is bringing all their stuff out too then it has to slot in right to do its thing
  12. Boyboi Elder

Another question, on that Google docs of monk disc rotations, has anyone done parses on which one of those options ends up at the most DPS? I've been using something pretty similar to Option 1, curious how the other 2 pan out.
  13. Tanols Augur

Another consideration is that there are times that Glyph of Dragon Scales is a superior benefit to Glyph of Destruction and since you can only use 1 at a time ....
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

I'm curious which google doc (sheet?) you refer to.
  15. Sancus Augur

Well, I'm dumb, it's the one Brohg linked.

I'm not thrilled that got shared honestly; I only ever sent it to two people. In any event, I had literally never played a monk when I made the sheet, so I would take it with a massive heap of salt. It's worth playing around with a bit, but I wouldn't give a ton of credence to the options presented in it if you think there's something better. I guess I'll leave it shared if it helps, though.
  16. Tolzol Augur

You never share spreadsheets with me :( hurts my soul tbh Sancus.
  17. Tanols Augur

That's because you keep kickin his a$$ on dps ;)
  18. Tolzol Augur

I don’t know what this dps is that you speak of sir lol
    Whulfgar and kizant like this.
  19. Belexes ForumQuester

It's that thing you do on Sundays. You know, hit auto attack and read your DMs. :p
    RPoo likes this.
  20. Tolzol Augur

Nah i don’t hit auto attack anymore takes too much effort, i just stare at the mobs tbh